Daily Dare Has Begun!

Emily

Caves & Corridors seemed like a "cake walk", compared to today's game - Gwyl's Great Escape. At least, that's how it felt, to me. Wow! That took several tries, but finally got AAA's score. Whew! Now I can relax, for today. Good luck, to those still working on it!

@Angeló, I'll shoot you a pm on neo. :)

I was really thankful for kiko match today, finally a game again that could be done easily for me. got AAA on the first try. and with that, I'm done with my 15 scores, phew. now, if they decide NOT to make that avatar available this year I'll be really... bummed out. :D it might be obvious but I'm kinda over it with this event lol

i was dreading Nova Defender but 230k isn't so bad .. last year or the one before it was 750k points ..

anyway if you follow JN youtube video guide it is very much doable ..

i got the score (244 +)
but not the way i wanted

there's something about the bonuses i don't understand .. some people get 50k+ points in level 1 but i get 35-40.

i ended level 2 with 207k points with only 1 life left and i had to go in level 3 Kamikaze style .. i'm lucky i got enough points to purchase the second weapon upgrade and i just went to the middle and started shooting like crazy and somehow i got the score

i also tried to lose a life in level 1 and raised my level 1 score to about 80-90k .. that almost got me the score in level 2 but i lost my second life in the level (3rd overall) in a stupid way (my mouse got stuck) and the game ended at 228 points .. so that's something to consider as well

I didn't even bother with AAA again because it was starting to get on my nerves. Besides, I couldn't have gotten the avatar. I only had 13 AAA scores going into this one. Whoops!

Oh well, there's always next year. ?

@Yuiina there is still one game left .. I won't spoil the name if you don't want me to , but if it's the game the Boards are talking about , it is crashing on all browsers once you get to a certain score .. so they may change it or remove it completely and end the event with today's game 

9 hours ago, mairead123 said:

I want you to spoil it. I need all the advance warnng I can get. I still have 4 games to do.

I believe @Angeló is referring to Jumpin' Gem Heist. They have picked that game before, for either DD or GMC, but they end up replacing it, because of the Flash "freezing"/crashing issue. I really hope it is not tomorrow's game. On the Neoboards, hearing it might be Cooty Wars. Then again, it would be great if today is the last game day, and they just give tomorrow as extra time to complete any of the other days.

15 hours ago, Angeló said:

i was dreading Nova Defender but 230k isn't so bad .. last year or the one before it was 750k points ..

anyway if you follow JN youtube video guide it is very much doable ..

i got the score (244 +)
but not the way i wanted

there's something about the bonuses i don't understand .. some people get 50k+ points in level 1 but i get 35-40.

Did you try to circle around them so they could spawn, then shoot all 6 (and the ones that spawn after) in one go and collect all of the gems together? You'll hear the tone go up if you play with sound. The higher the sound the more bonus points you get.  This will be impossible to do once they start shooting at you but especially for level one, this is the way to go. Then after you get close to the goal, activate the shield and just kill them off one by one so you get 29 gems out of 30 kills.

Urgh, Cooty Wars... I struggled with this the last one of these events it was used for.

My high score is 280 which will be from then, so yeah, I don't think so. :hmmph:

i almost cried at the end

MY FIRST DD GOLD TROPHY 

I'm so proud of myself

I almost gave up on Sophie's Stew and Gwyl's Escape .. Glad I didn't

I had to beat my old HS in most of the games .. so I may be getting better at games , more patient i guess ? wisdom comes with ages and whatnot ?!

OMG IM SO EXCITED

Now I'm crying !! :D 

I got 14 AAA scores. I could've gotten the avatar if I tried a little harder, but it's no big deal.

Nice job @Angeló! I'm happy for you! :D

AAA's score for Cooty Wars is just "Wow!" I didn't think I was going to make it. But, "whew!" Glad this year's DD is over. Well, there is something about an extra day to to submit day 15's score on the 22. Hope everyone had fun!

@Angeló, congratz on getting gold! That is truly an achievement!

@Robin Hood, spoken like a true legend.

@Bodhi, that is an awesome score for Cooty Wars! I bow to you! *I'm not worthy*

@mairead123, here's to hoping you will reach your goals, during next year's DD. (GMC should be in November. Will we see you there?)

@alohadiscordia, can't wait to see that shiny new avatar!

image.png

Prizes next week? That's new. Can't seem to remember we didn't get our prizes and trophy automatically. Maybe I'm wrong though.

3 hours ago, Duma said:

Prizes next week? That's new. Can't seem to remember we didn't get our prizes and trophy automatically. Maybe I'm wrong though.

while I was a bit disappointed about this when I saw it this morning, I can't say I'm surprised. Ever since I came back from my last hiatus ~half a year ago, events have been delayed or buggy or whatnot. remember the whole charity corner fiasko?

also, they still need to fix a bunch of the prize items - elderly hasee can't be equipped as a petpet, items that are obviously meant to be food are not edible by pets, and so on...

I mean, all of this is not the end of the world but it is getting tiresome. not sure how some of you put up with this behavior from JS/TNT for years on end without a break :D 

Participant Badge here I come!!

My ? was just not into it this year. I had so much going on and sitting at the computer to waste time playing games all day was not something I cared to do. I completed half the challenges and left the others. I accidentally challenged AAA before sending scores on a couple of games thanks to my toddler pressing buttons on my iMac. She's 2.5 and knows how to work this thing, it's kind of scary lol. I know I'm missing out on a shiny trophy for my UL and a collectible but I'll just have to take out a loan from the bank and buy it.

I completed all games, AAA 3 times, Abigail the rest. :P I`m very happy with a Silver trophy, and I look forward to seeing the prizes. I appreciate TNT extending the Daily Dare due to glitches and downtime, as well as telling us when the prizes will be out.

15 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I completed all games, AAA 3 times, Abigail the rest. :P I`m very happy with a Silver trophy, and I look forward to seeing the prizes. I appreciate TNT extending the Daily Dare due to glitches and downtime, as well as telling us when the prizes will be out.

I think you've (wisely) stayed off the neoboards, as there was actually a lot of confusion about the extension. The way they'd phrased it, it sounded like it was an extension for the entire DD, but it turned out to only apply to the 15the game (Carnival of Terror) as Neo was down for a bit that day (apparently). According to the boards, a handful of people did manage to play other games (mostly days 1-15), but most didn't, and quite a few people will now be getting a participation medal instead of a trophy, as they'd assumed they could use the extra day to finish some games. So communication on TNT's side could've been better. XD

(Though I am happy to see a message about the trophies/prizes. At least they're trying to improve their communication skills. XD)

3 hours ago, Nielo said:

I think you've (wisely) stayed off the neoboards, as there was actually a lot of confusion about the extension. The way they'd phrased it, it sounded like it was an extension for the entire DD, but it turned out to only apply to the 15the game (Carnival of Terror) as Neo was down for a bit that day (apparently). According to the boards, a handful of people did manage to play other games (mostly days 1-15), but most didn't, and quite a few people will now be getting a participation medal instead of a trophy, as they'd assumed they could use the extra day to finish some games. So communication on TNT's side could've been better. XD

(Though I am happy to see a message about the trophies/prizes. At least they're trying to improve their communication skills. XD)

This, sadly, is a TNT thing, isn't it, this very poor wording. That's caused problems with other stuff in the past too; something to do with the wraith plot I'm thinking? Something relatively recent at least.