Daily Dare Has Begun!

Emily

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

Sophie's Stew might be my demise

my HS is 344 , not much higher than AAA

but today my right arm hurts and there's not much space for me to move the mouse

i came close on my first try , 286 ,  then someone decided to come into my room and talk so i lost

now my arm hurts and i can't even get close

guess i'll rest for a couple hours , eat , then try again

take it easy, flash games like those on neo tend to get easier again once you take a break and clear your head, in my experience :)
you already reached 286, you can make this happen!

I have no recollection of this but apparently, years ago I got a 400+ high score in sophie's stew lol. I gotta say, once I plugged in an actual mouse (best decision for DD in my opinion) and a couple of tries later, I got the AAA score. 
just remember to feed some of the food to the meowclops here and there (codestones bc their so hard to bounce, also fish + mice since they give the same amount of points as if placed in the cauldron) to clear up the space so you won't have to juggle that much!

and @Angeló, I hope you're joking about the picture?! :D 

9 minutes ago, alohadiscordia said:

just remember to feed some of the food to the meowclops here and there (codestones bc their so hard to bounce, also fish + mice since they give the same amount of points as if placed in the cauldron) to clear up the space so you won't have to juggle that much!

I... did not know this!!!

I'm still procrastinating about playing at all so far though... :ph34r:

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I... did not know this!!!

I'm still procrastinating about playing at all so far though... :ph34r:

to get the best score in the shortest time I've made it a habit to just give the game's guide page a quick read so I know about any tricks or cheat codes right away. that really helps and saves a lot of time :) with all that information, it really is so much easier to get a decent score. good luck! today's game takes only a couple of minutes if you stay focused! and make sure to use the extra-life-cheat (also learned about that today thanks to the game guide) :)

2 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

and make sure to use the extra-life-cheat (also learned about that today thanks to the game guide) ?

I tried that, twice, but it didn't work either time. Who knows what I was doing wrong. ?

Did manage to beat Abigail's score though, eventually, lol.

I got to 299 and died because i hyperventilated and dropped two items at once and that stupid cat moved away in the last second. This game is stressing me out so much and its not fun anymore.

its still 9pm tho and i have all night.

@alohadiscordia i was not joking about the picture. My wrist is really bandaged.

My advice for this game is play on large screen and use your mouse. In the beginning of the game, try typing "hungrymeowclop" in between throws. I would usually first drop the first item in the cauldron, then type "hun", guide the next item to the cauldron, type "gry". Guide the next item. Type "Meow", item, type "clop". Then when I'm down to 1 live I would type the s and gain my extra life.

Try and get the item to the right side of your wand. Also, like said above, the fish and the rat are worth the same amount of points feeding the cat or dropping in the cauldron and the donut is only 1 point more. I would certainly try to get the other items into the cauldron but if you have to drop one, any item fed to the cat is better than losing a life.

Finally did it with a score of 333 :D

i had to move my laptop to a lower table and my mouse to another table to move it freely 

in my last game i lost two lives before i even hit the 100 points mark , but i pushed on and was able to beat AAA .. i vowed to play just a couple more games before I give up and challenge Abi .. but I remember last year I lost the golden trophy because of 1 game only as i was in a hurry (i shouldve played it the next day) .. i'm not ready to crack yet 

i find the life code more distracting than helpful actually so i don't use it , i focus on hitting the droolik hoping for an extra life power up , also it would be great to get the bigger wand power up right at the start 

The tip about the fish and rat really helped me , thanks for that .. but that stupid cat can be right next to me and let the item drop to the ground

Also i found the donut and brain ice cream the hardest to control .. the marshmallow, scorchipepper and tentacle are the easiest  

Yep. I am a member of the "299" club. I do like this game, too, but don't play it much, probably because it is frustrating, after a few tries, like many have said. My high-score was 316, and I believe this was another, previous year's DD or GMC game. Like @Angeló, my hand, wrist, and forearm, would hurt, after playing this game for a while. Finally managed to beat AAA's score, in about an hour. Hope everyone is still having fun with DD, so far, even with some of the game scores/games being "frustrating".

Exactly

I mean, this isn't one of those games which you get better with practice .. the more you play , the more anxious you get , especially when u miss an item within a millimeter from the wand , and it goes downhill from there

I'm disappointed with the prizes as I was looking forward to something wearable from Sophie's outfit or at least an item featuring Sophie

6 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Exactly

I mean, this isn't one of those games which you get better with practice .. the more you play , the more anxious you get , especially when u miss an item within a millimeter from the wand , and it goes downhill from there

I'm disappointed with the prizes as I was looking forward to something wearable from Sophie's outfit or at least an item featuring Sophie

Since you are a member of the "299" club, I sent you something wearable of Sophie's, and something with Sophie on it:

clo_sophie_hat.gifbvw_sophie.gif

I'm a fan of Sophie, as well. I, too, would have liked the prizes to reflect her a bit better, but, overall, the DD prizes aren't really exciting.

41 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Since you are a member of the "299" club, I sent you something wearable of Sophie's, and something with Sophie on it:

clo_sophie_hat.gifbvw_sophie.gif

I'm a fan of Sophie, as well. I, too, would have liked the prizes to reflect her a bit better, but, overall, the DD prizes aren't really exciting.

Thank You So Much Kind Sir

I think Screaming Sophie Toyscreaming Sophie Toy is the best representation of today's game :D  I was definitely screaming my head off towards the end

1 minute ago, Angeló said:

Thank You So Much Kind Sir

I think Screaming Sophie Toyscreaming Sophie Toy is the best representation of today's game :D  I was definitely screaming my head off towards the end

Hehe. I almost got you that, for that exact same reason. But, I wasn't sure if you preferred young Sophie to adult Sophie.

glad you guys eventually made it :)

I'm really lucky so far with this year's choice of games. I am not checking out that list someone posted the other day on purpose, I'm dreading to run into one that I absolutely suck at. I don't care that much for my trophy color but I REALLY want to get that ava, so I need at least 15 AAA scores. 8 done, 7 more to go...

also, @Angeló, take care of that hand please! don't let neo do this to you :D 

5 minutes ago, alohadiscordia said:

I am not checking out that list someone posted the other day on purpose, I'm dreading to run into one that I absolutely suck at

thank you :) same here .. because if i see a game in the last day that i can't beat , i'm going to give up from now hahaha and i don't want to do that .. i don't mind color of trophy as well , so far all of my DD trophies are silver .. but i want that lucrative Album Item in the end .. they sell for a few millions NP :) 

actually my wrist was bandaged since morning and playing this game didn't help .. i ended up with it getting more swollen haha .. but it's ok now i put some ointment on it and it feels so much better

Sick and tired of Neopets' downtime. Gave up on beating AAA, so settled for Abigail's score. Got it, sent it and got a freaking error about the servers or something. 
Is it just me, or was Neopets better before it went to Jumpstart?

I'm not even gonna bother with AAA on this one, as I don't wanna stress myself out going for a score.

Neopets feels like a much more casual activity than a lot of the games I play, and I play it to unwind. Once I start going hardcore gamer mode on something, it becomes less enjoyable.

4 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Neopets feels like a much more casual activity than a lot of the games I play, and I play it to unwind. Once I start going hardcore gamer mode on something, it becomes less enjoyable.

I feel that. If I care too much about a game, it becomes just another responsebility. :D

I'd love to give today's DD challenge a try right now ... but the site is still down :) yay.

EDIT: guys it's back up I think! at least for now. 9/15 AAA scores done :)

Edited by alohadiscordia
update

I think TNT felt bad after they made us suffer yesterday

300 on Barf Boat ? That's not even a challenge !!! I did it in in 2 minutes while scrolling on my phone with my other hand .. prizes are Stamp !!! STAMP and a book !! BOOK

or ... maybe they made a mistake somewhere ... because Barf Boat was supposed to be yesterday's game ... so they didn't change AAA score ... which I feel should be higher ... my HS is 1094 because I remember one year AAA score was 1000 ...

I hate Sophies Stew, so I went with Abigail on that one, which only took me two tries.
Barf Boat is pretty awful, I have somehow managed to score over 400 in that game int the past - don`t ask me how, lol. I considered going for AAA today based on my old high score, but ended up with Abigail. I`m too impatient to spend lots of time trying for a good score over and over again. I get that it`s meant to be a challenge, but there should also be an element of fun and enjoyment.

4 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I hate Sophies Stew, so I went with Abigail on that one, which only took me two tries.
Barf Boat is pretty awful, I have somehow managed to score over 400 in that game int the past - don`t ask me how, lol. I considered going for AAA today based on my old high score, but ended up with Abigail. I`m too impatient to spend lots of time trying for a good score over and over again. I get that it`s meant to be a challenge, but there should also be an element of fun and enjoyment.

Well, some people enjoy a good challenge. Beating your own high score feels good but you're less likely to do so if you're not challenged. At least that's how it is for me. Sure, some games I get frustrated too when I'm really close to the required high score. Mostly that happens when I only have a limited time that day and it's challenging. I really want to get the scores on the day of release. If I have all day to play I would really enjoy a good challenge.

I love how DD is set up, with the 2 scores. People that are fairly good at games and love a challenge can just go for AAA each day while people who aren't enjoying a hard to beat score can just see what item they like more and go for that score. Thanks to Abi's score everyone can feel like participating in this event. Also, disabled people or people with little time on hands can still get nice items and a nice trophy at the end.