Daily Dare Has Begun!

Emily

@Scoobert_Doo yeah, well... unfortunately, almost none of the items so far could get me exited :D They just don't really fit my aesthetic on neo. Bit too kitschy for my taste. But - nevertheless, I'm just happy to see TNT putting effort into decent artwork and animations, so there's that.

Since it's my first DD I wouldn't know, but are these prize items usually selling well afterwards? Maybe not right away, but in a couple of months? 

Tangram !

my HS is 2500 or so .. better than AAA .. this game needs lots of TIME and PATIENCE 

i've been practicing for about 20 minutes trying to remember all the pieces .. it's HARD

2 browser windows side by side
the first half is the game
2nd half is TDN guide
just look at the guide and copy the shapes (the only tricky part is sometimes you have to flip the light blue shape with the up or down arrow)
you'll be done in a few minutes. 

Ah, this has been the best game for me so far by a landslide. I had a high score of 2.9k, so AAA was a cakewalk with this. Did get tricky around level 3, I remember I used to play this game a lot since it was one of the easier ones for 1000 NP when the ratio was good, but level 3 has more amorphous shapes that make it less obvious where the smaller pieces go.

Basically it is easiest if you just do a double window thing with the puzzle solutions, but if advice is preferred and not just getting told the answers, big advice I can give is, stick with Easy Mode. Hard isn't worth the stress it gives for the extra points, when you can pretty easily get to AAA's goal in Easy. Level 3, I'd say focus on the bigger shapes over the smaller ones first, and then gradually work towards the smaller shapes, since the bigger shapes should give you a better idea of where the smaller ones align. And don't forget, while you can rotate the pieces with space, you can also flip pieces with the Up Arrow, and reset with Down Arrow. Some puzzles need to have the pieces flipped, so it's key to remember that.

Otherwise, easy puzzle game. By far the most immediately easy game in this batch.

39 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

Oh man I hate the Shenkuu Tanagram game, but thanks to the visual guide I was able to beat Abigail. I would never have been able to do that without pictures to look at, lol. :P

*clutches at you*

So glad someone else feels the same way about it. ?

At least you can step away between each round.

So far I've done 2, I'll get there!

-30 seconds later-

Nope, forget it. This is stressing me out too much even with the guide. :hmmph:

I guess this is one of those games where it really pays off if you happen to have played it a lot, which is the case for me. I think it was the first game trophy I ever got, and somehow those shapes stay with you; it's almost like muscle memory, I don't even have to think about where the pieces go, even though I hardly ever play it anymore. But I can totally see how these scores can be challenging if you never play this game/aren't good with these kinds of games. (Sometimes the most frustrating thing is simply to get the piece in the exact right place, so the game will accept it. That's probably also why I've never been able to well in 'hard mode'.)

(I haven't sent my score in yet, as I'm still debating whether or not to challenge AAA, or just go with Abi, as I like her prize better. It'll probably be Abi.)

I find the scores you need to reach throughout DD to be all over the place. Abigail's score is ridiculously low for some (sutek), but much harder work for others, this game for example, lol. No consistency there, is there.

Yeah that game is... ughh. I never played it before, but there's no way I could've beaten AAA without the guide.

I managed to beat Abigail which was good as my previous was 325. I found it easiest to get all the pieces first then work from TDN solutions instead of trying to fit this triangle here and that one there or should it be somewhere else altogether. Bumble Beams tomorrow.

41 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I find the scores you need to reach throughout DD to be all over the place. Abigail's score is ridiculously low for some (sutek), but much harder work for others, this game for example, lol. No consistency there, is there.

Yeah, exactly. I always wonder how they come up with those scores.

I tried to decide who to challenge based on the prices the prizes are going for... These were the cheapest I found for both AAA...

Daily-Dare-2019-Tangram-AAAs-prize-07-08

... and Abi:

Daily-Dare-2019-Tangram-Abigails-prize-0

So I challenged Abi, and spent 1400 NP on AAAs prize. :P

I'm confused by the baklava tangram, I mean... why? Baklava would be an Altadorian thing, wouldn't it?

@Angeló the interwebs is telling me it's particularly a dish of the Levant, do you eat it much?

Just a small tip here if you're having trouble with Tangram. Like said above, have a guide open next to your game. Turning pieces can be done with side arrows, and flipping them with up arrow.

Also, play on LOW quality and LARGE screen. You'll see some lines to help you fit them correctly with your first try. Play on NORMAL mode, hard really isn't worth it.

If it's still hard for you: take a break between the levels to study the guide a bit, at least to look at how each shape looks like before completing. That way you'll know at which one to look at right away. If it still confuses you, you could grab 4 post-it's or so, and once you've completed a shape, put a post-it on top. That way it will be easier to see what shape you still need. Picking the right one (and remembering what you've got) is easier if you have 3 or 2 to pick from compared to 5. After a level, remove the post-its and scroll down in the guide to the new ones.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm confused by the baklava tangram, I mean... why? Baklava would be an Altadorian thing, wouldn't it?

@Angeló the interwebs is telling me it's particularly a dish of the Levant, do you eat it much?

i guess some Central Asian countries have their own version of Baklava so it may count as "Shenkuu-ian" as well as Altadorian :) and yes it's my favorite sweet ever .. but don't eat it all the time ..

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

i guess some Central Asian countries have their own version of Baklava so it may count as "Shenkuu-ian" as well as Altadorian ? and yes it's my favorite sweet ever .. but don't eat it all the time ..

I saw that Central Asia has it too, so yeah, I can see it could well have migrated to Shenkuu as well. I should think if you did eat it all the time you'd be as big as a house! ?

Hmm, it's looking like Bumble Beams is another NO on my DD score card. My high score is 251, and I've yet to manage better that 118 so far today.

Is this another of the ones where Abilgail's score is harder to reach, or am I just being particularly useless? :ph34r:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I saw that Central Asia has it too, so yeah, I can see it could well have migrated to Shenkuu as well. I should think if you did eat it all the time you'd be as big as a house! ?

Today we have visitors so they brought baklava ? im trying to upload a picture from my phone but its bigger than 512kb .. 

i love Bumble Beams , my HS for this month is about 850 .. but waiting for the visitors to leave. I usually throw the petpets from the highest possible ledge.

39 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Today we have visitors so they brought baklava ? im trying to upload a picture from my phone but its bigger than 512kb .. 

i love Bumble Beams , my HS for this month is about 850 .. but waiting for the visitors to leave. I usually throw the petpets from the highest possible ledge.

That's like the visual equivalent of calories or something, isn't it. That's the problem here. ? I save images as a jpeg when I get that message, dunno how helpful that is to you though!

Bumble beams is super cute, I'm just really rubbish at it. ?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

That's like the visual equivalent of calories or something, isn't it. That's the problem here. ? I save images as a jpeg when I get that message, dunno how helpful that is to you though!

Bumble beams is super cute, I'm just really rubbish at it. ?

i tried that and didn't work .. but i moved the pic to my laptop 

Just played Bumble Beams and beat AAA :) 

IMG_7760.PNG

@Angeló those look SO good! what are those 'hairy' ones further down made of / taste like?

I'm having a really good streak with DD these days - managed to get the AAA score again, my previous highscore in bumble beams was about 300. I feel like being not too hectic and button-smashing-y helps. for example, the levels that have the wooden platform, those you can simply hold in position with your arrow keys until there's a bin right underneath. always reading the game guides from TDN or JN before helps alot! DD avatar, here I come!

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm, it's looking like Bumble Beams is another NO on my DD score card. My high score is 251, and I've yet to manage better that 118 so far today.

Is this another of the ones where Abilgail's score is harder to reach, or am I just being particularly useless? :ph34r:

It's not just you, I'm quite surprised by Abigail's score.

I'm going to try for AAA, but I remember playing this game for aaaaages for a previous DD (or GMC) to get the score, and my high score is 827, so I'm thinking 800 isn't going to come easy. (Especially with my laptop being super laggy these days. ?)

(*Edit: I was wrong; I beat AAAs score in one try and beat my own high score in the process. :weird: No clue how.)

3 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

those look SO good! what are those 'hairy' ones further down made of / taste like?

Hairy ones ? They look like Shredded Wheat. It's all a cruel trick! You think a friend's brought delicious dessert, and it's actually made from old doormat...

~~~

I'm just hoping tomorrow's offering will be something I can actually play. ?