Daily Dare Has Begun!

Emily

15 hours ago, Nielo said:

I don't really remember what the required AAA score was for Barf Boat 2 years ago (1000, like @Angeló said, sounds likely), but I do remember that it cost me the gold trophy back then (my high score is 520). I'm glad it's not as insanely high today. :D

wait, what do you mean by 'it cost you the trophy'? can you actually LOSE a trophy once you've earned it? not that I have any worth mentioning :D but I might try to earn some in the forseeable future

5 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

wait, what do you mean by 'it cost you the trophy'? can you actually LOSE a trophy once you've earned it? not that I have any worth mentioning :D but I might try to earn some in the forseeable future

You can't lose it after getting it. It's just if you don't make the score that year you won't get it. Once obtained a trophy it's there to stay, forever.

6 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

they mean this particular game made them lose the chance to earn a gold trophy .. 

Today's game is MJB (Meepit Juice Break) .. AAA score is 1400 .. it's doable .. just make sure to get between 200-300 points in the First Round .. i beat AAA on my second try 

I hadn't played mjb in a while, but my high score is well past 1400 so I immediately challenged AAA. I had to beat it twice today, as an error occurred the first time I tried to send my score. Second time worked though. Going for a silver trophy, as I've had to challenge Abigail a few times. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, Duma said:

You can't lose it after getting it. It's just if you don't make the score that year you won't get it. Once obtained a trophy it's there to stay, forever.

ah, I get it. that's good to hear, being able to lose them again would be a nightmare lol

@Angeló, I agree! my previous score was only in the 300s, so I was concerned first. but after reading the game guide and giving it a serious try, I actually got the AAA score on my second play :) can't believe I might actually get this ava on my first DD season!

@Sciurus carolinensis well, a trophy's still a trophy, right :) I imagine it to be really hard to get an AAA score in EVERY single game... do many player get that trophy? would be interesting to see the distribution data among players

9 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

37 minutes ago, alohadiscordia said:

well, a trophy's still a trophy, right ? I imagine it to be really hard to get an AAA score in EVERY single game... do many player get that trophy? would be interesting to see the distribution data among players

Just an expression; no risk of actually losing a trophy once you've gotten it. ? If not for that game, that would've been the first and only time, I'd have gotten a gold trophy. I'm kind of starting to regret challenging Abi on day one this year though, as I've been able to beat AAA every single day so far.

It'd definitely be nice to see some data on those trophies, but I think a lot of people manage to get gold, based on the posts I see on the neoboards, but also based on my own experiences. I never thought I'd be able to beat AAA as often as I do now; looking back at my first DD (2011), I only challenged AAA a couple of times, but mostly went with Abigail. I don't even really play the games much outside of DD and GMC, but I still managed to improve my scores enough to beat AAA at most games now. Next year, I might really have to go for the gold. (Mostly because I always forget there's a collectible prize too. Wish I'd remembered that on day 1 this year. ?)

(Usually there's at least one game I'm really terrible at though - or where the score is just so high that I have to give up on beating AAA. Two years ago it was Barf Boat. Last year it was Zurroball. I haven't checked the games list yet (I hate spoilers :P ), but I'm still waiting for that one game that'll make we want to cry. XD)

I've been able to get gold every single year for DD and GMC. I always pick AAA and, eventually, I always manage to beat him. Sometimes it takes time and some degree of frustration, but for avatar games, the score required to get the avatar is even higher. Also, a lot of games require some dumb luck.

6 hours ago, Nielo said:

(Usually there's at least one game I'm really terrible at though - or where the score is just so high that I have to give up on beating AAA.

I always go for Silver

But last year I was about to get Gold except that I gave up on Kou-Gong .. I beat AAA AFTER I challenged Abi !! that was my only Abi score

I'm not sure about this year's games (no spoilers please) but I feel I can DO IT !

I want the Gamesmaster avatar, but... I have 8 AAA wins. I only have room to pick Abigail one more time if I want it.

It's not a big deal if I don't get it, and I'm not gonna stress myself to get it, but it would be nice if they gave me games I'm good at. Here's hoping!

aaaaah the normal, cute Hasee Bounce , not the annoying fast one where you die before you even jump :D

got 200 exactly as AAA but the score didn't send .. re-started and ended the second game at 215 , good enough for me .. i happened upon one sponge fruit which somehow had a yellow one right above it which doubled the points and sent me right above 200

this game is 99% luck but it's so cute and they make cute noises so i'm not complaining 

yeah I can live with hasee bounce too! I don't play the flash games much these days so it's always a surprise to see my old highscores... for this one its about 230 so I should be fine :)

maybe I'll go for gold next year too, who knows! so far I'm only thrilled about the ava and the valuable collectables everyone is talking about

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

this game is 99% luck but it's so cute and they make cute noises so i'm not complaining 

This! xDD

AAA's Hasee looks...

?

I'll go for the Origami one!

The origami one is just the day and date prize. Abi's is a donut. Don't forget the code "doughnutfruit" that fills up your entire time again! Also, in my opinion, it's easier to control with keyboard arrows than it is with your mouse. Faster to switch left right as they jump and switch places.

I just love this game, even though there is so much luck involved. And the Soundtrack! ❤️ I think it's the only game I actually turn the sound on.

The elderly Hasee is not my favorite though. I'm just not into the elderly color.

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

aaaaah the normal, cute Hasee Bounce , not the annoying fast one where you die before you even jump :D

Exactly! I really like the normal Hasee Bounce, but Super Hasee Bounce makes me wanna cry. ? So happy they went with the regular one for a change!

Btw, the AAA score in the TDN guide says 300, but it's really only 200.

I went with Abigail again today, I`ve already beaten AAA in two games, so I`ve secured my silver trophy. ?
I think the Elderly Hassee looks kinda gross, it`s all shriveled.. I get that that is the intention, but I feel the other Elderly petpets we have look more charming. :P

1 hour ago, aleu1986 said:

I went with Abigail again today, I`ve already beaten AAA in two games, so I`ve secured my silver trophy. ?
I think the Elderly Hassee looks kinda gross, it`s all shriveled.. I get that that is the intention, but I feel the other Elderly petpets we have look more charming. :P

Yeah. I was creeped out by the Edlerly Hasee, too. It's a good thing it isn't brown or green, otherwise it would look like ?!

I might be alone with this opinion but I find the eldery hasee to be really cute :D I am usually not into the elderly color at all, but this one just looks so poor and ... shriveled up, yet content with its situation, I don't know :D I just wanna hug it

so, carnival of terror it is today. let's see if I can get my current high score from 340 to 500. good luck to everyone again!
DD really went by fast for me, it's only a handful of games left already...

DD is glitched today

When you choose opponent and send your score it will tell you to challenge them again and so the score won't register and you have to play again

I haven't played yet due to this glitch

14 minutes ago, Angeló said:

DD is glitched today

When you choose opponent and send your score it will tell you to challenge them again and so the score won't register and you have to play again

I haven't played yet due to this glitch

Thanks for the heads up. I submitted a score twice and couldn't collect prizes/had to rechallenge. I'm going to wait until later today when it's (hopefully) fixed so I don't miss the release day prize. 

23 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

What will happen if they don't fix it today? 

Resultado de imagem para panicking gif

TNT/JS will have to rectify it somehow .. i remember a glitch happening once and they allowed the players to "miss" the day

or they'll have to run a script and award everyone the daily prize even if we didn't send the score today

i have a score of 525 ready to send but it's still not 8AM yet for TNT to be in their offices (or maybe they come to work at 9? idk) .. we will need to wait and see 

FUN TIMES NEVER END WITH JS TEAM :D

1 minute ago, Angeló said:

TNT/JS will have to rectify it somehow .. i remember a glitch happening once and they allowed the players to "miss" the day

or they'll have to run a script and award everyone the daily prize even if we didn't send the score today

i have a score of 525 ready to send but it's still not 8AM yet for TNT to be in their offices (or maybe they come to work at 9? idk) .. we will need to wait and see 

FUN TIMES NEVER END WITH JS TEAM :D

Imagine they'll only fix it on night time, their time... it's a big loss for the European players.. 

My high score was 476, but I was able to get 514 on my second attempt. Now to wait for JS to fix it...