User Shop Limit Raised to 999,999nps!

hrtbrk

lol babysteps?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts seven words or greater.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

4 hours ago, Hanso said:

What can I say other than FINALLY. Time to check my SDB (again) and sell some stuff.

EDIT: So apparently, even though the cap has been raised, you can't buy items that cost more than 99k.

Oh Jumpstart, I wanna root for you, but you make it so hard.

They're doing maintenance tonight, so hopefully, that's one of the things that is getting updated completely. Usershops have been down anyways today, from my knowledge.

This will be helpful for a lot of items. Help unclutter the trading post a bit. :D

This I'm actually excited about, will help my donation shop for my guild. People like to donate bigger increments sometimes and having to set up a TP lot everytime and be on at the same time to arrange it can be a hassle xD So this will help a lot :)

OH! Well this is all kinds of awesome! (especially for @Emily and the TDNALP shop!)

I'm impressed that they've done this, the poor old Shop Wiz is gonna have a LOT more work to do now though, poor guy! :laugh:

Oh AND, this will have an impact on things like Kad feeding, as many UBs will no longer actually BE unbuyable, interesting!

2 hours ago, nousha said:

I'm still afraid to believe and I'll wait until 1st of April to be sure this is not an April's Fool joke. If this is for real, I think the TP limit should be raised too.

That would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it. Though they might consider it unnecessary as people can use the Auctions instead. They could be already considering it though as it does make so much sense. I guess we'll just wait and see. :)

I would say there's a pretty good chance that they'd at least raise the TP limit to 9mil or 9,999,999, because that shouldn't require a db update (like raising the shop limit) as it's the same number of digits.  Though they raised the TP limit pretty recently didn't they?  They may not raise it again because of the whole "the trading post is for trading items for items not buying with np" schtick.  According to TNT, the np limit is just supposed to compensate for differences in item values, not outright buy expensive items.  They'll probably just say that's what the auction house is for.

9 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

And hopefully the prices of the "unbuyables" would be more stable

Oh yeah! When I was Kad feeding there was this other lady on the Kad boards, nice lady, so when I saw her selling a UB on the TP I was going to offer on it, until i saw it was priced way higher than anyone else's. Thought it was maybe a one off thing but any time I looked for UB Kad food after that her's was always at an inflated price so it's clearly her M.O.

Maybe I'm being judgey, but to actively try and rip off fellow Kadders seems pretty low to me. : /

Most Kad food showing up on the Shop Wiz now should help to alleviate this a bit, I'd hope. I wonder how many people will actually use their shop rather than the TP now, opinion's surely very divided over the increase, I've seen some people really upset about it.

Well, we'll find out soon enough what kind of unexpected fall-out this increase might bring, won't we! :lmaosmiley:

it certainly helps stabilize prices 

an item that was on the TP yesterday for 200k is already going for 180k on the shop wiz today .. there will be more competition to actually sell now as people want their items to show on top of the search list so i'm expecting nice discounts ... 

• 2 weeks later...