Daily Dare Has Begun!

Emily

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Imagine they'll only fix it on night time, their time... it's a big loss for the European players.. 

i'm right with you .. there's only 1 hr difference between me and Europe .. but hopefully it'll be fixed soon 

3 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

My high score was 476, but I was able to get 514 on my second attempt. Now to wait for JS to fix it...

i got today's AAA score in one try ... i have the avatar in this game .. how i don't remember .. but this is a luck-based game that depends on random bonus drops so i'll probably never get that high again 

its fixed now

ya'll can send your scores

ouf I'm just really glad they fixed it in time. would have hated to break my streak and depend on TNT to get a proper recompensation :|
did they give a statement somewhere on what had happened?
honestly, I wish this as well as an up-to-date roadmap would be in the 'whats new' section on neo. I'd much rather know about these kind of things instead of every single new NC items. (not that there's anything wrong with that, but you know, some more transparency for the players would be even more appreciated by most IMO)

onto another day of daily dare! petpet canonball it is. I have no memory of how this works :D but I'm definitely trying to go with AAA again, and it's a team challenge, so if someone here wants to team up for this one, let me know!

i used to love this game

but i haven't played it in so long

so it took about 10 or so tries until i got the hang of it again and i ended up with 742 points as opposed to my previous HS of 726

my best advice is try and align the cannon with the anchor

it gets farther away with each level but you can still put the head of the cannon at the right part of the anchor. i dont know how to explain it in words , you have to use your visuals and imagination or just put your fingers on the screen and try to align them ...  Near the end, aim it for the top of the anchor. 

also lose the light petpets .. focus on the more heavy ones (faellie 1.2 , angelpuss 1.4 , snowbunny 1.5 kg)  

57 minutes ago, alohadiscordia said:

how do I need LESS power the further up the basket is?!

you don't need less power .. it' just the power bar moves faster with every level so you need to release it faster 

the last level (level 7 i think) you don't need to aim high .. bcz the petpet will go above .. aim a little lower and the petpet goes right into the basket

the prizes suck .. i was expecting a special kind of Pirate Petpet or pirate wearables but nop .. toys .. at least there's a book :) 

phew, for once I heeded my own advice and came back to the game after a break. it was a close call but I got that score with 734 points :)

so yeah, question still stands, anyone wanna team up for the team challenge? haven't sent the score yet!
EDIT: nvm, found someone :)

Edited by alohadiscordia
update

I've got an AAA score ready to send, if anyone happens to be looking for a team challenge partner. :D

*Edit: Found a partner.

*Edit 2:

I figured I'd share the tips for today's game (Caves & Corridors), which eventually helped me beat AAA.

1. If you haven't started yet, try clicking 'continue game' instead of 'new game', because you might still have some/a lot of levels unlocked from previous attempts.

2. If you haven't, you'll have to unlock them again. Do this before going for the AAA score, as you'll need most of the levels anyway.
You can use the cheat codes to unlock each level - just be sure to click 'continue game' whenever you've lost all your lives. The cheat codes will reset as well.
(If, like me, level 10 is giving you a hard time, just know that you'll need 171 points to get silver and unlock level 11. I wish I had some useful tips to get there, but after being stuck at a max of 170 for a long time, and not doing anything differently, I managed to get 171. A lot of practice, and luck, I guess.)

3. Don't play/finish level 13, you'd have to unlock everything else again.

4. Once you've unlocked all the levels, you can really start playing for points to beat AAA. You can pick the order of the levels, and you won't need to play all of them. The order I saw on the neoboards, and which I used to get AAAs score as well, was: 1/2/5/9 (using 'nomorerocks') /12/11/7/8. I didn't even need to play 8 to get the score at that point. (But I did, since I'd been playing this stupid game all morning anyway, and I wanted to at least see how long I could last with all the levels unlocked.)

5. Not much else, but rest assured: it's not you. The controls of this game are stupid, and sometimes you'll fall in the water, even though it'll look as though you're passing through one of the (solid) platforms. (Looking at you, level 3. <_< )

Good luck! (I'm going to walk off my frustration with this game and its controls/user interface now. :P )

The controls in that game are atrocious. That being said, I beat AAA's score after a few tries.

I've been stashing all of my prizes in my SDB in the hopes that the item values will rise. My thinking is they'll rise in value once there's less of them in circulation, but hey, I might be wrong.

i did something stupid

yesterday i was practicing and i got to level 10 or so

and today when i saw the game i clicked NEW GAME 

and now i can't even pass level 3 

it's 8 pm and we just got back from my cousin's funeral 

i need to rest , eat , clear my mind , then maybe play some more

For today I made a list 1 to 10 (since I haven't unlocked anything beyond level 10) and played all of the levels as practice runs, with a guide open, writing down Yes or No next to my numbers. Some levels I just had to ignore a few coins but once I learned what to grab and what to ignore I had a good grasp of what levels to play.

I used the code "freetime" in level 2 as that took me the longest, leaving me with the most extra points (if I hadn't messed it up and died lol).

I used the code "nomorerocks" in level 9 as suggested by Nielo.

After losing two lifes I used the code "gimmeabreak" to get an extra life. It's glitched and sometimes you'll get more extra lifes!

I played in random order, started with some harder ones (but not 4 or 6), checking the guides and worked my way to the easier levels. I did this because it's mostly frustrating when you're close to the score you want to get, only to get a hard level and failing. So by starting with the harder levels, if I messed up I could just quickly restart without having to do everything again. Once I had AAA's score I tried the levels with a NO on my list just for "the fun of it". I already had the score, so I didn't have to stress out about it. In the end I played levels 1 to 10 and used my last life trying to unlock level 11 (but failed). Now I'm wondering if I could unlock it with the time code on level 10... Might try that another time, if I don't forget (but I probably will :P).

If you have to unlock everything, you could just play level by level, using the codes to make it easier to unlock them and then just click "end game - Continue game" so you can use the codes again to unlock the next level.

i think this is the first time i get far in this game .. YES I unlocked Level 12 but didn't play it 

the levels suggested by Nielo and on the neoboadrs are not the levels i like to play .. level 2 is horrible , awful , repugnant !!

either way , play the levels you like and you will get there :) 

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

the levels suggested by Nielo and on the neoboadrs are not the levels i like to play .. level 2 is horrible , awful , repugnant !!

either way , play the levels you like and you will get there ? 

I hated level 2 as well at first, but after having failed at a lot of the other levels so often, and just getting a lot of practice in, I somehow ended up not hating it as much as before. XD (It was still the level I disliked the most out of the ones I mentioned in my post, to be honest.)

Yup, favourite levels will be different for everyone. :smile:

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

i did something stupid

yesterday i was practicing and i got to level 10 or so

and today when i saw the game i clicked NEW GAME 

and now i can't even pass level 3 

it's 8 pm and we just got back from my cousin's funeral 

i need to rest , eat , clear my mind , then maybe play some more

I did the same thing! I clicked "New Game". I should have read this, first. Anyhow, thanks to @Duma, for reminding of the "gimmeabreak" code! It did "glitch" on me and game me 7 more extra lives. Sure made it easier to beat AAA's score, after that.

C&C really needs to be revamped. Often when I get Jake to jump over water, he will land on the ground, but will die as if he hit the water. Very frustrating!

If you end the game and hit "continue" around 20 times, then use "gimmeabreak", you will get a TON of lives. Found that out from the legendary Bartdrunkeys!

Jellyneo's game guide for Gwyl's Great Escape includes a password for a secret level where you can collect gems, practice the controls and earn extra points. After completing this secret level, I just needed to get through level one in order to beat Abigail's score.
Open the game, and click on Continue Game. In the white bar, type in gwylsgreatestescapeever and you'll enter the secret level. JN also has an image guide for this level so you know the best route to collect all the gems.
This is of course useful for those trying to beat AAA too, as completing the secret level gives you a nice score boost to start out with.
Once you complete the secret level, you'll be taken to level one and can continue earning more points.

um, not sure why nobody is saying this right now, but @Angeló, I'm sorry for your loss. hope you're okay, or going to be okay soon. hugs if you want them

today's game, gwyn's great escape or what it's called, almost broke my will. I got AAA's score eventually, but honestly, I hated every second of it.
I'm so glad I didn't look at the list of games beforehand, otherwise I might have chickened out. :D but it's almost done now - three more games and only one more AAA score needed for the ava!

8 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

@Angeló, I'm sorry for your loss. hope you're okay, or going to be okay soon. hugs if you want them

Thank you . I'm not Ok . She is only 7 years older than me or so .. she used to play with me and babysit me when I was a toddler .. Yesterday I wasn't feeling much .. just overwhelmed .. today it settled in and i was in bed all day .. doing nothing .. grief hit me hard ..

I haven't played yet .. how many levels do you need to complete to get AAA score ? (plus the secret level) 

I tried several times to use the code and it would only take 11 of the letters. I was about to give up when I tried inputting it in upper case and it accepted that. pressed continue and it went back to the empty text box, tried two more times before it finally accepted the code. I was beginning to think that the game was getting it to accept the code. But evenyually I got 413 and I'm happy with that.

6 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

I got AAA's score eventually, but honestly, I hated every second of it.
I'm so glad I didn't look at the list of games beforehand, otherwise I might have chickened out. :D but it's almost done now - three more games and only one more AAA score needed for the ava!

actually im the opposite , it got more fun the more i played because I finally managed how to blow Gwyl away and stop him right in time , but i finished Lava 1 without getting AAA score so I had to finish Lava 2 for the score and like always when im playing a hard game i had an anxiety attack towards the end with no way to pause .. my palms got sweaty .. I eventually ended with 767 points ... but i wont be playing any time soon that's for sure