Neopian Pound Offline Jan 18-23; Neopets Offline Jan 22nd

hrtbrk

UC Pets will becoming to the NC Mall on January 23rd, 2024, resulting the the temporary closure of the Neopian Pound in preparation. Users will be unable to adopt, abandon or transfer pets from January 18th to the 23rd to ensure no pets get lost while they implement this historic feature.

Additionally, Neopets will be offline January 22nd. There is currently no ETA on how long it will be down for, but we do know UC Pets will be available once it returns!

According to Dom from the first live they did (one just before the Christmas one) they’ll be doing some type of cycling throw UC pets, he mentioned this time around they’re doing Faerie pets first. Super excited to see them again. I’m not sure if I want one just because I know you can’t dress them or whatever, but there are several Faerie pets that I find to be so cool with their artwork, so who knows 🙂 maybe!

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

How are they going to work it?  Like, randomly convert pets already in the pound, or just let people abandon/transfer pets without them auto-converting?

It will essentially be a wearable that "converts" your pet. You will be able to take it off and your pet will go back to normal at any time.

I believe Faerie, Grey and Darigan will all be available on the 23rd, based off their Instagram post. 

I can't wait to finally get my hands on my dream UC Faerie draik pet! I already have a Draik egg and, if needed, a faerie paint brush and I've saved my NC for this day!

14 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

It will essentially be a wearable that "converts" your pet. You will be able to take it off and your pet will go back to normal at any time.

I believe Faerie, Grey and Darigan will all be available on the 23rd, based off their Instagram post. 

😂 It would have helped my understanding if I'd read the first post properly.  Oops!  I somehow read it as the pound getting the pets, not the mall getting an item to unconvert them.  

Double post, sorry!  I haven't been able to do my dailies because of the downtime.  Does anyone know if this goes over 24 hours if they'll reset our progress (weekly quests, or Trudy for example) or if they'll leave it on the same day it had been on?  Thankfully I just got my weekly prize yesterday, but I'm really close to the 100K from Trudy. . . 

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

Double post, sorry!  I haven't been able to do my dailies because of the downtime.  Does anyone know if this goes over 24 hours if they'll reset our progress (weekly quests, or Trudy for example) or if they'll leave it on the same day it had been on?  Thankfully I just got my weekly prize yesterday, but I'm really close to the 100K from Trudy. . . 

This is also running through my mind...!
They announced that it was gonna last til 10am NST. Well........
Hopefully they don't reset it, but to be honest I'm pretty sure that it will reset 😭 since it's an automatic process and all..
Would be even better if they finish the maintenance on time ofc. Oh wait, that already failed (lol...)

For now: let's all hope it's done soon so we can go back to our dailies & quests and everything<3

Well, this is going as I expected...terribly!  It is now 1:11 pm NST-way past the 10 am NST predicted, this is when we scramble to get our Food Club Bets in (obviously not happening today) and I'm on Day 7 of my Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie as I was training/ faerie quests to raise my BD Pet to have a higher Hit Points/Endurance. So I was trying to "chill" about their Shut Down, but it is getting me anxious now. 

How are you all handling this big inconvenience?  image.png.c0a1e5c9f0e7e77f47b0eddfee5bdc15.png

Hey, I'm with you I too am wondering what the hold up is. I messaged a staff member to see if they had heard anything but haven't heard back yet.  I hate it when they give a specific time and don't stand by it.  I hope it starts up soon because I don't want to miss my stuff today either.

Well another hour has passed this makes it 4hrs plus. Maybe they should have shut down earlier last night instead of waiting so late. Is there a way to message Neo and ask what the status is?

I'm thinking it's now been 8 hrs and when/if they get us back on line tonight the system is going to crash because everyone is going to be on trying to get their dailies done.

18 minutes ago, xElmo said:

I AM IN!!!:thumbsup:

Only its endlessly loading.. 
Cannot even get to my inventory properly =(

I was too but now I'm out again.

That sucks 😞
Im still in but loading 1 page literally takes like 4 minutes. 
Also. opening a shop brings me too an error-page, so still unable to purchase items for my daily quest 😞

Oh, that's nice.  Trudy reset for me anyway.  Glad today's the first day of my weekly quests, otherwise I'd be crushed.  I've gotten some good stuff from it.

Edit:  Maybe not?  I spun, it quit but didn't give me an award, and when I refreshed it showed about the right day.  Hm.  Maybe I'll be lucky after all.

Ohh man.... I understand you'd be crushed =(

Well I don't know how but I (FINALLY) managed to buy 3 items!! Had to refresh, wait, refresh wait etc. for almost 20 times, but somehow I did it:dance:
Currently trying to claim the daily quest rewards.. So far successful with 3 out of 5. The last two just won't get added to my inventory/bank. So frustrating....!

Hopefully they'll load within these next 5 hours, lol XD

Edit: and about the Trudy part: well that seems to be a pleasant surprise then 🙂 
I'm trying it also, but the page just stays dark blue...

Edited by xElmo
Forgot to answer to a part

I was able to avoid most of the downtime by sleeping and working. I did however bought the deluxe version now and got my hands on my dream pet, although it says he is Mutant. Might change that to faerie so it would make sense with the picture, and maybe see if I could get him to become female but that's not really important.

image.png

16 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Tsk.  Well it seems my weekly quests stayed the same, but only the money part of Trudy (4 days away!) reset.  Oh well.  could be worse I suppose.

When I did Trudy last night mine was the same day wise so no changes but when I spun  it didn't give any points it just went back to like I never did the spin so I tried again and had the same result. The 3rd time I spun it didn't give me NP's but it did reduce my days like it should. I'm only about 19's into this month so no big deal about the NP's.  Today it was back to normal and I received my NP's  My weekly quests were also the same, no change but it did take me about 3 hrs to complete everything last night when it should have taken about 20 minutes. I'm glad we all made it thru this mess. They may be putting it lightly.

On 1/24/2024 at 5:03 AM, Sciurus carolinensis said:

the general store counts now which is good news.

Wow, I didn't know that! How long has it been that we can use it?  I normally buy the 1st item as a potion from the Healing Springs. It's quick and When I do a game I use the Fashion Fever. Throw on a pair of glasses or a hat and click save. Easy peasy and I am done. I will start using the general store now for am additional items past 1. Thanks for the tip.