Daily and Weekly Quests Begin!

hrtbrk

Do you know if this is a limited time thing, or a continuous (so long as they don't get TOO too many complaints) thing?

I don't like the wording on this.  Does buy from any Neopian shop mean user shops as well?  Because as much competition as there is from bots, the main shops are nearly impossible.  Especially with the constant timing out.  Edit:  No, items from user shops do not count.

Do we have to do all of them to get extra prizes at the end of a set time, or is it just I like this one, so I'll do this, or I like that one, so I'll do that?

Especially since one is to feed my pets and I JUST put them in the neolodge.  I'm not wasting the np unless it's necessary.  

Second edit:  BE CAREFUL ACCEPTING REWARDS!  It appears (unless it's a glitch) that you have the same list for daily and weekly, but can only claim it for one of those.  So if you do all the quests and claim them on daily, you do not get any progress towards the weekly prize.  Cheers, NP team.  Much appreciated.

This seems like a fun idea, but it also seems like the site is suffering big time because of it. Things take upwards of 30 seconds to load stuff, which made the buying from Neopian shop part especially difficult. Hoping as the night progresses, the site gains some more stability; it seemed like there was emergency maintenance before, but it didn't do much good (Unless the maintenance pop ups I got a few times was just the site straight up going offline for a bit.)

6 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Second edit:  BE CAREFUL ACCEPTING REWARDS!  It appears (unless it's a glitch) that you have the same list for daily and weekly, but can only claim it for one of those.  So if you do all the quests and claim them on daily, you do not get any progress towards the weekly prize.  Cheers, NP team.  Much appreciated.

It would appear that that's been fixed.

Are the prizes unique to users or is everyone getting the same prizes site-wide?

Just took a pet out of the lodge but now I have to wait for her to be hungry again haha

The second round of tutorial quests is interesting. I'm glad I have a new pet that I hadn't assigned a petpet to yet, it would've been frustrating to debate whether to remove and re-add a longstanding petpet or just skip the quest...

7 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Do you know if this is a limited time thing, or a continuous (so long as they don't get TOO too many complaints) thing?

I don't like the wording on this.  Does buy from any Neopian shop mean user shops as well?  Because as much competition as there is from bots, the main shops are nearly impossible.  Especially with the constant timing out.  Edit:  No, items from user shops do not count.

Do we have to do all of them to get extra prizes at the end of a set time, or is it just I like this one, so I'll do this, or I like that one, so I'll do that?

Especially since one is to feed my pets and I JUST put them in the neolodge.  I'm not wasting the np unless it's necessary.  

Not sure if you got your answer but the Neopian Shop has always meant site shop, there is another quest later on that says to buy from a user shop 🙂

Also doing your daily quest seems to count toward your weekly now, it did for me anyways. As soon as I finished my daily it checkmarked me for my weekly

It was my birthday yesterday but I had to work all day, so I missed the launch of this. I wonder if it resets on Monday/Sunday. Like I wonder if it's one of those if you miss a day of the week then you get nothing/everything resets before you can reach the end and you have to try again for the next week type of thing. But this started on a Tuesday, so I feel like that'd be weird...

2 hours ago, Pascalla said:

It was my birthday yesterday but I had to work all day, so I missed the launch of this. I wonder if it resets on Monday/Sunday. Like I wonder if it's one of those if you miss a day of the week then you get nothing/everything resets before you can reach the end and you have to try again for the next week type of thing. But this started on a Tuesday, so I feel like that'd be weird...

Happy Birthday!

It appears to work the same way Trudy's Surprise does with a personal streak, so if you miss a day the weekly streak will reset (along with your weekly reward).

Happy (belated) birthday, @Pascalla

The site has been taking up to 30 seconds to load/regularly not loading (504s or timing out errors) since the faerie festival for me.  Honestly I didn't even notice the difference caused by this, haha.

The tutorial is weird.  I'm being asked to activate my account, but it has been activated for decades now. . . 

Also, I seem to be still getting the same quests, so when I get to work (aka have time to do some) I'll have to see if I can get the reward on both sides, or just the one.

Edit again!  I'm fairly certain some of my weekly progress reset.  Quite interesting and irksome.  I want to say I had 3-ish of it, but now I only have one.  Hopefully that page doesn't reset when I get to work so I can confirm.  

Just a note about this game. Because of a message I read here yesterday I did not collect my rewards so today I went to collect them and they no longer exist, or I can't find them. I would suggest you collect your rewards when you finish the quests. I collected them today. It sucks that I didn't collect yesterdays and I had completed all quests. Kicking myself.  It doesn't reset for 18 hrs. That's a long time. Anyway, that's JMO about collecting rewards.  Still kicking myself!

I'm loving these quests. My conspiracy theory is that they are overloading the site on purpose to justify new spending for servers and stuff. Maybe they have to get everyone online to show their bosses how much traffic we are REALLY capable of, or they just need accurate high-traffic numbers to plan the next scheduled upgrade. Just a guess!

On 10/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, violetcatastrophe said:

to show their bosses how much traffic we are REALLY capable of

Neopets isn't owned by a parent company any more, so there are no bosses and they don't need to compete/apply for funding.

If they want to upgrade the servers, they need to raise that money directly through NC/premium/merch sales, although it's weird because I would have assumed that casual players would spend less money on average. 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have refreshing changing tabs and even customize again.

image.thumb.png.1d56ea32c3a769a43ebf9cc20503b5d9.png

This is the message I'm getting

image.png.edde10e4fcbe276b0c4f770495cf7960.png

Try claiming the daily one first including the 20k for completing all the daily ones, then try again for the weekly one?

Also, it seems there's a bug with the daily quests. TNT is working on it apparently.

I am going to have to refuse these Tutorial Quests-the Treasure Map Quest is SO NOT WORTH IT!!!!

image.png.8096fb634f2204f8acf3a03a0f51c959.png

I only had 1 map pieces and scrounged to find 5 others under 50k but the last 3 pieces were 695k a PIECE! 

I feel like TNT is making the Inflation problem WORSE!!! so done with this nonsense! 😡

6 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I am going to have to refuse these Tutorial Quests-the Treasure Map Quest is SO NOT WORTH IT!!!!

image.png.8096fb634f2204f8acf3a03a0f51c959.png

I only had 1 map pieces and scrounged to find 5 others under 50k but the last 3 pieces were 695k a PIECE! 

I feel like TNT is making the Inflation problem WORSE!!! so done with this nonsense! 😡

Oof! I did the same thing on release day and it wasn't worth it either.

In case anyone hasn't completed this step of the Tutorial Quests yet you don't need to buy a new map. You can visit the Map hub and select one you've already completed and it will count.

15 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I had a complete Spooky Map in my SDB and used that otherwise I probably wouldn't have done that quest either.

UPDATE : The problem I had collecting the last part of today's quest I kept going back about every hour and was just able to collect the prize but the entire day it held me up.

15 hours ago, Duma said:

Try claiming the daily one first including the 20k for completing all the daily ones, then try again for the weekly one?

Duma, if this answer is for me I did try those things. Didn't work. I did get it just minutes ago though after going back about every hour or so with no results until now. I'm not glad but I am glad to know there is a problem and it's not just me. I did see someone else made a topic about the same thing that was happening to me.

If anyone here still needs a Complete Treasure map, I have plenty of full sets of the Forgotten Shore Map (about 30 full sets). Willing to trade you 1 full set for a random omelette or so. (If I've seen you around on the forum any random item will do, if you're new on the forums I would like an item of at least 100NP worth).

Just sent me a PM if you need it.

I checked my inventory both NP and NC and I did send a ticket yesterday I did the Tutorial and the prize was to be Shenanigifts Retired Mystery Capsule 2023 It will not highlight for collecting and it wasn't in my NC items. What I did get was , (pictured below) that is all. I would like my NC gift. I did not check the side accounts but can't imagine the NC item is there. I'll check to see if anything is there from a NP  prize later.  Upon checking after I complete today's quest I will receive the same item they sent me. Sorta feeling cheated here since that quest was very costly with my NP's a nerkmid, Brain Tree quest, Edna Quest, a treasure map and 1 million NP's in the bank.  Maybe they will give it to me when they get the ticket and review my account, who knows but no more Tutorial

image.png.f9b9de016eb202b289c283335639de19.png

I had 1 quest left to complete the Weekly quests. I'm sure. So I just completed the last of this weeks quests and I got the prizes but when I went to the weekly quests it shows  I still need to do 1 more quest and the prize will be the same as the one above I have screen sot this 2 X's and it will not paste. Anyway, cheated again or a glitch?

46 minutes ago, granny63020 said:

I had 1 quest left to complete the Weekly quests. I'm sure. So I just completed the last of this weeks quests and I got the prizes but when I went to the weekly quests it shows  I still need to do 1 more quest and the prize will be the same as the one above I have screen sot this 2 X's and it will not paste. Anyway, cheated again or a glitch?

There was a huge issue going on with them and TNT went through and pretty much awarded everyone the weekly item from last week straight to your inventory. I don't know if the Weekly item not changing is a glitch, but I would assume so cause I STILL have the Space Faerie Doll as my weekly even though TNT gave it to me last night and my days reset.

5 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

There was a huge issue going on with them and TNT went through and pretty much awarded everyone the weekly item from last week straight to your inventory. I don't know if the Weekly item not changing is a glitch, but I would assume so cause I STILL have the Space Faerie Doll as my weekly even though TNT gave it to me last night and my days reset.

Well if I get this same item tomorrow when I complete the weekly quests again and you get the same for doing the same action if you want to trade I will trade with you. You can let me know tomorrow in a personal message if you have time and actually get the same item. Not sure what's coming, just a thought.