Charity Corner 2015- Back to School!

Emily

Charity Corner 2015 has started! This year, it looks like Granny would like Neopians to donate things for back to school, like books, clothes and school supplies!

QjqoDyI.png

View our guide!

We never had such wonderful school supplies when I was growing up! I just know the kids will be delighted to receive these. Here's a little something for your generosity.

Purple Cybunny Balloon

Five donated items r.88 and r.89

We never had such wonderful school supplies when I was growing up! I just know the kids will be delighted to receive these. Here's a little something for your generosity.

Travelling Peophin Dress

Five donated items r.81 to r.86

I need some help with understanding how this works. I bought a backpack and I also signed up to donate the NP items. It doesnt tell me what items to donate so how do I know what I need to do?

They didn't specify very well, did they? Any item with the category "School" can be donated. If you bring up an item in your inventory you'll see a "Type" field in the information. Anything that says "School" there will qualify. This is generally notebooks, folders, pencils, ect. Be careful though, if an item is r101 it's type "Special" and will not count even if it's a relevant kind of item (such as notebooks from old Advents). You can also sort your SDB by type. Selecting "School" there will bring up the relevant items (though again, take care about r101 things).

I don't think I'll be wasting my time with this unless I happen to have junk wearables in my shop and donate them rather then selling. Not really worth my time to hunt around for school supplies at inflated prices.

Not finding any items with that criteria!

Category: School

Well, it doesn't look like I'll have much luck with this SDB supply! I kind of really dislike the charity corner. I'll donate a few times and see what happens. I don't have much time to participate in a huge event at the moment so I kind of do hope that this is all there is to it this round.

I got a Lime Wiggle Cake for item Rarity: 86- 89
 Those happened to be from my SDB, not sure if I can afford more expensive ones. 

Cant seem to donate this even though its categorized as school.  
mall_sc_faeriepencilcase.gifItem : Space Faerie Pencil Case
Type School Weight 1lbs Rarity Index 101 Est. Value 1,000 NP

Cant seem to donate this even though its categorized as school.  

mall_sc_faeriepencilcase.gifItem : Space Faerie Pencil Case

Type School Weight 1lbs Rarity Index 101 Est. Value 1,000 NP

Only items with rarities ranging from 1-99 can be donated - if an item is listed as ultra rare, mega rare, special (usually these 3 are daily prizes), or retired you won't be able to donate it.

Only items with rarities ranging from 1-99 can be donated - if an item is listed as ultra rare, mega rare, special (usually these 3 are daily prizes), or retired you won't be able to donate it.

Thanks. Is it better to donate in tiers ex all from 85-89 or x4 in the 80s and one rarer item? how does this affect it? can i donate 5 of the same item?

I've donated 3 times from the BD prize books that I had. What I found confusing was the jellyneo guide says to stick within rarity ranges, but if you add say a r.76 book, it'll offer a r.80 book in the next dropdown. I don't have any more things to give so it's kind of immaterial for me, but it seems to be contradicting what the guide says.

Yes, you can donate the same item several times. I donated 5 Yellow Tonu Folders earlier in one go.

This does include books and wearables (I missed that tidbit when I made my earlier post, since it's an offhand remark in the event description...). But the wearables all things in the cross-section between "wearable" and "school" or "clothes" or "books". And while a lot of wearables are clothing items, most clothing items aren't wearable. People are far more likely to donate the piles of cheap, unwearable clothes items laying about than expensive wearables. The same goes for books, really- people are far more likely to donate cheap junk books you can get from dailies or the BD than anything particularly expensive.

Also they've changed the donating style from last year, so JN may have just copied the old one over to start with. Instead of being "five items in this range" it's "five items, with each one being no more than 5 rarity points above the previous". So an r76 can have up to an r81 after it. (If that 5 turns out to be wrong forgive me, I haven't tested this in depth yet but it makes sense as a breaking point.)

Note that the above goes double because last year's end prizes were ridiculously little compared to the effort a lot of people put in. I'm personally going to donate several times so I get a trophy, but it'll mostly be things from my SDB and dailies fodder.

Do the donations have to be 5 unique items? Or could you give something like 5 bottles of shenkuu ink in one go?

Funny you asked, because that is exactly what I did earlier! Yes, you can "donate" 5 Bottles of Shenkuu Ink in one go...and I received a "Peanut Butter Granola Bar" (r86) in return. Not sure who got the better deal, but it makes me believe Granny's got a sense of humor!

Also, to answer the question that I missed at the bottom of the last page:

We currently don't know when or how they'll be awarding an avatar, or if there will be one. We also don't know if it will be the same as last year's or a new one if it does exist. We'll just have to wait and see. Most likely it will go to anyone who has donated some minimum requirement of items.