Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

17 hours ago, Duma said:

I've heard it has to do with adblocker. Not sure if you would need one or turn it off, but that's what's causing it. I think without the blocker it actually is an add, but maybe the add is broken and it will work if you turn on a blocker. You could also try a different browser.

I've tried both Chrome and Firefox. Hmm...

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

4 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Yep. It is not really an issue with an ad blocker, but one you can have, if you aren't using one. An ad is supposed to play, before (all?) most games load, but for some unknown reason, it doesn't. Due to either Neopets, or the ad provider Neopets is using. The ads are not Flash based, but HTML5. By installing an ad blocker plugin/extension for your browser, it "should" block the ad, and take you straight to the game loading screen. However, I have heard of the "black screen, and three red dots" issue still happening with certain ad blockers, one being uBlock Origin. I use Ad Block Plus, and don't have the issue, so give it a try if your ad blocker of choice is still giving the issue.

EDIT: If you are using an ad blocker, and get the screen, try updating the filters, and then, refresh the page. On occasion, I have to do that with ABP. Not sure why, but sometimes the filters stop/don't update. Also, I do not use an special filters for Neopets, so if you are using those, try removing them and see if the ad is blocked.

I am stumped. I never downloaded/installed any ad blocker for my computer. This is really weird. lol. 

I do notice that the first time I started playing Neopets on my computer the ads never showed. Even banners around the site are hidden. But when I used my husband's laptop, there are ads everywhere. Which is weird because we're both on Windows 10, uses the latest Google Chrome and are on Kapersky Internet Security. I updated everything that needs updating and still no luck..

Picture11.png.5ded2fbe47d24f202ac6d551131d5c1f.png

Picture10.png.2e8c30d047cabc3e818bd21d9c3df206.png

5 hours ago, ava_reese said:

Sorry. I dont

't see s "REPLY" button only a "QUOTE" buttom so me quoting you quoting me this is going to take up a lot of space. This layout of threads is not clear to me.

If you just want to post a reply to a thread (and not to a specific person/post), you can scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page; underneath the very last post of the page, you'll find a box (next to your avatar) with 'Reply to this topic' inside it. Just click there to start typing your reply. :smile:

If you do want to quote someone, but only a specific part of their post, you can just edit the text within the quote (as I have done with yours, removing the lines not relevant to my reply).

You can also tag someone in your post; that way they still get a notification, but you don't have to quote their post. You can just type @ and then follow it with their username and choose the correct user from the pop-up that will appear underneath your text. (As I'm about to do right now:)

@Dilley88 Is it possible the Kaspersky software comes with an ad blocker? Perhaps it's enabled on your computer, but not on your husband's?

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

Is anyone else having issues with the site being ridiculously slow? I seem to be having issues only on Neopets. 

It's most likely due to Charity Corner. Lots more Neopians on the site, during these type of events, and everyone donating, takes a bit of a "toll" on the servers.

• 2 weeks later...

...And now the site is down. During an event. *losing horn*

Hopefully they get it back up soon.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, it's back up again!

Wait, now it's gone up, then down, then up, then down. Is this a website or a seesaw? ?

4 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Wait, now it's gone up, then down, then up, then down. Is this a website or a seesaw? ?

Killing the server because of everyone refreshing all the time to see if it's up again yet , I'll bet, lol.

People KNOW to not do that, but it's like MUST. TRY. AGAIN. *eye twitch* ?

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

It's up again now, but it's slooowwww. That's a long down time as it died before I went to bed last night. ?

I still can't get it to load at all. Any page. ? I was getting the red Pteri earlier, but now I am not even getting that.

Yeah it's gone for me again now. I'll leave it alone for a while and try again later. Situations like this we make things worse by keeping trying to get pages to load. Sorry Neo server! ?

It's been down for an hour and a half now. This is ridiculous. How can a site run by so many people experience so much downtime?

Ah, this explains the slow loading times right now!

If they DO extend things I'll feel compelled to keep going, like I did with CC. ?

I'd be interested to know what's causing the downtime; whether it is just server overload as more people are on for longer, or whether things are imploding elsewhere. But as we're not likely to be told I'll just be grateful that things are up and running right now, even if they are limping a little.

The site is down again, and there's a statement:

Dear Neopians, our site has experienced some downtime due to site technical difficulties. We are aware of the main issue and we appreciate your patience as we work on getting everything under control. We sincerely apologise about all the lost time on the site without communication, we wanted to be sure of the issue before engaging. The site may experience additional lag/downtime and we will do our best to keep you updated if this occurs. Hang on tight and we’ll fix it as soon as we can. Thanks!

I hope it goes up soon, I have SOSD games I want to send.

EDIT: An hour later, and it seems to be good now.

Hmm, so no intention of extending things then or they'd surely have said?

Glad they FINALLY made a statement, but the excuse for taking so long to do so doesn't wash at all, why did they need to be sure of the issue before telling us there was one and it was being worked on?

This may placate the angriest out there though.

Who am I kidding, no it won't. ?