Jump to content
hrtbrk

Happy Grundo Day!

Recommended Posts

legit thought that was Alien, at first! i like it, but does the art seem fuzzy to anyone else?

also that spider grundo "outfit" is awesome! i do wonder about the tattoo though, does that recolour the grundo green to match the spider legs, or would using the spider legs on a differently coloured grundo end up looking strange? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love that they are finally doing things with Toy that are more creative and make them stand out. I think the Toy Grundo is based on the Alien toy figurines from Toy Story, It`s really cute and I love the base colour on it as well.

This is what the Spider Grundo looks like, so the cosplay is very accurate (I just thought it looked odd with the legs sticking out of its back, but that`s what the character look like).
I really like the teeth, they make for a nice vampire customization!

 

304.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

I think the Toy Grundo is based on the Alien toy figurines from Toy Story

I was thinking more Buzz Lightyear , as the Aliens in Toy Story don't wear an oxygen helmet

But where would a Gruno wear it ? They are from Space , and they don't seem to need it on Neopia as lots of people bring them back from Kreludor ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Angeló The Enabler said:

I was thinking more Buzz Lightyear , as the Aliens in Toy Story don't wear an oxygen helmet

But where would a Gruno wear it ? They are from Space , and they don't seem to need it on Neopia as lots of people bring them back from Kreludor ...

Well, they might still need it to go out into the vaccum of space! While grundos are from the VSS, one can assume that the interior is climate controlled with breathable oxygen, since there's other non-grundo neopets hanging around on some of the decks without helmets (specifically, a kacheek on the recreation deck)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nirv120 said:

This Toy Grundo is really adorable. It's kind of giving me light toy story vibes.

😮 The Claw!!!

The helmet amuses me, as they always do when they have holes in them for ears/antennae x'D

Maybe it's more to protect them from Neopian germs? Coming from that filtered atmosphere on the space station they'd have zero natural defences.

If this was RL they'd be quarantined in Cockroach Towers for weeks, at their own expense!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, berriganify said:

also that spider grundo "outfit" is awesome!

I agree, that is a great customization that at least offers the Grundo something not related to Space, not that all Grundos' outfits are space-related 150150.png?1629907686463and definitely better than looking like Shrek .150 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Angeló The Enabler said:

I was thinking more Buzz Lightyear , as the Aliens in Toy Story don't wear an oxygen helmet

But where would a Gruno wear it ? They are from Space , and they don't seem to need it on Neopia as lots of people bring them back from Kreludor ...

Ooh, that makes sense! I just connected it to the Aliens because of the green colour and the fact that Grundos are from space, but so is Buzz (sort of, lol) I forgot they don`t wear helmets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Angeló The Enabler said:

Do you mean this ? 

This custom is really good 

YESSS!

All the Toy Story references!

I wonder, if that game was real, which of the plushies would be the most sought after. 🤔

What is this guy? image.png.2592fdb18e84dfdd517b836e99063ef0.png Mutant something, right? Or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

YESSS!

All the Toy Story references!

I wonder, if that game was real, which of the plushies would be the most sought after. 🤔

What is this guy? image.png.2592fdb18e84dfdd517b836e99063ef0.png Mutant something, right? Or not?

that looks like the wheel of monotony guy, so... a tyrannian quiggle?

although the tusks on the tyrannian quiggle aren't quite so sharp..

 

EDIT; it's the tyrannian slorg

slorg_tyrannian.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, berriganify said:

that looks like the wheel of monotony guy, so... a tyrannian quiggle?

although the tusks on the tyrannian quiggle aren't quite so sharp..

Ah! I didn't consider Tyrannian! I need to dig deeper, this is bugging me now! xD I thought it was a Koi, until I saw the tusks, lol.

*roots around*

Well, still no closer to identifying that plush, but I have just spotted that the Tyrannian Horus has ARMS, what the actual heck?!

image.png.7d610eba05b93aebddbbe190d50be7ce.png Just WHAT is going on here! 😮 :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ah! I didn't consider Tyrannian! I need to dig deeper, this is bugging me now! xD I thought it was a Koi, until I saw the tusks, lol.

*roots around*

Well, still no closer to identifying that plush, but I have just spotted that the Tyrannian Horus has ARMS, what the actual heck?!

image.png.7d610eba05b93aebddbbe190d50be7ce.png Just WHAT is going on here! 😮 :laugh:

can you not see the edit that i made? it's the tyrannian slorg

slorg_tyrannian.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exploring Tyrannian Petpets...

pet_des_3.gif Horus approx. 2,000 NP   + petpetbrush_tyrannian.gif Tyrannian Petpet Paint Brush  approx. 160,000 NP =  162,000 NP    image.png.7d610eba05b93aebddbbe190d50be7ce.png

hall_petpet1.gifSlorg approx. 3,000 NP + petpetbrush_tyrannian.gif Tyrannian Petpet Paint Brush  approx. 160,000 NP = 163,000 NP    slorg_tyrannian.gif

Both are very close in "investment" & yet they are both cool petpets to have...Well now I HAVE to have them BOTH, right?    

halloween_kacheek.gif

tenna_tyrannian.gif Hey, Horus! Do we have the same barber/stylist? :lmaosmiley:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, berriganify said:

can you not see the edit that i made? it's the tyrannian slorg

slorg_tyrannian.gif

A-HA!!! I missed the edit, that guy is awesome! So many emotions in that face xDD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like that outfit even if I find Grundo's as a whole underwhelming. The exceptions being the Grim Reaper and the Mallow Grundo which are both excellent! The Halloween Reaper is possibly only awesome because you can't actually see the Grundoness of it under the clothing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...