LOD Avatar - It's just a myth, right?

I'm easily into the 100 thousands on wasted NPs trying to get this one. I'm starting to think that it's basically just an urban legend and anyone who says they have it is clearly a member of the illuminati. Or something equally sinister. How many NPs did it take for the people who "have" the avatar? And do you also have access to other legendary things like, unicorns? :shiftyeyes_anim:  :P  :crying_blow:

I guess I'm way luckier than I realized. It didn't take me more than 20k. I was a lot poorer back when I got it, wasn't willing to spend more than that on it.

It seems to me if you take a break and try again at a later date, your luck gets a little better - and you forget all those neopoints you spent before and don't feel so bad :P

I got it and it didn't cost me too much. I just gritted my teeth and kept trying one day until I got it. Now the Wheel of Extravagance on the other hand.... I wasted millions on that then gave up. Now and then I try on the off chance but that's all.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. No joke, just went to go waste some points and be sad that I'd never get the darn thing and boom; 4k points later, I'm in the club!  (:  :thumbsup:  :woot:  :rock:

I've wasted a few hundred thousands on the lever and gave up, so I don't have the avatar. I wasn't willing to spend millions.

Do you guys suppose it's best to try and get it in one sitting, or to try a little bit everyday? 

I don't know that it really makes a difference, but I prefer to do things like that all at once. To me, it feels like that gives you more opportunities and in less time.

I think mine took 2-3 sittings, but then again, 1.3 million, 100 NP at a time, takes quite a bit of time.

The unfortunate thing about random avatars. I remember this one taking me about 1.3 million to get. I was insanely unlucky with it.

Oh wow, and I thought mine was bad. That's just nuts. I'm just glad to be done with it now and got my Grarrl Keno avvie right after. Today was a good day.

I almost was going to ask what LOD was (such a nOOb) but then when I kept reading I figured it out, Lever of Doom. I never thought much about trying, maybe I will start tomorrow bc when I visited the Grundo Plushie (still don't have that avatar yet) I got:

The plushie remains ever silent, but as you leave you notice 666 Neopoints on the ground. Perhaps it was good luck or...

666?! Isn't that a bad omen. I don't want to find out the or...    :sad01_anim:   :laughingsmiley:

I did it in a marathon sitting one day -- watched a season of Scrubs on Netflix or something, and pulled until I was out 700,000 or so, but I got the dang thing.

Sure, that marathon put me off neo for a few months, but coming back, it's nice having the av, haha

This is kind of deterring me from even trying for the LOD avatar. I'm 600k from the next interest level in the bank, so I don't want to be too foolish with my NP right now.

I am going to do it.  Every time I come here to complain about something not working right, an avatar I can't get, etc. I post here, and I swear it is the positive energy from this forum, because I work on something for months and months and months, and after crabbing about it here, I go back, and boom, NO PROBLEM.  I can site specific examples, the altador plot.  I could not, for the life of me, get that stupid telescope to plot the coordinates.  It kept giving me an error.  So I would say forget it.  A few months later I would come back only to have the same thing happen.  I would put it down for a few more months, and so on.  I kept seeing everyone's look up with that nice shiny trophy and I wanted it SOOOOO badly.  I finally posted on here.  I didn't even get an answer yet, but of course, right after posting, I go to the telescope, and NO PROBLEM!  Come on!!  LOL.  It was months and months and months, probably a good year or more.  Then, I kid you not, every problem I ran into with the plot, I would try a few times, and after putting the computer down, coming back again, getting frustrated, I would post here, go to the trouble spot, and it worked as if there were never an issue.  Ok.  So that was that.  I got my trophy that I put blood, sweat and tears into, and I was happy.  Now comes sutek's tomb.  After playing over and over and over, I see all these people with these super high scores.  So I ask on here, are these scores really possible?  I got lots of great responses.  Don't you know, as I am trying for the top gamer avie I see, Sutek's tomb mirror.  I had no idea you could get the avie with that game too, but after posting here about the game I had been playing for years, boom!!!  I get my avatar.  So, I am here now to complain about Lever of Doom.  I have spent well over 100k already.  I see the OP here thought it was just a myth then after posting here, got the avatar.  This forum has fabulous people with fabulous energy.  So come on guys, let's pool our positive energy together for everyone who needs this elusive avatar.  Thanks!  Will let you know how it turns out.

My strategy when getting it was to use 1k-1.5k a day, which I believe was my interest at the time. It took only a handful of days before getting it.

KELP avatar on the hand... :thumbsdown:

I've been using a similar strategy. I allow myself to use no more than 5k per day, and that's only after I meet my (self-imposed requirements) of 15k spent on stocks and 50-100k deposited in the bank, depending on if it's a weekday or weekend. I've only been going for about a week now, but I can already sense that it's going to take me ages. I'm also stuck on Dice-A-Roo, but at least that one's much cheaper (although takes a lot more clicks)!

This thread inspired me so I took out 200k and got the avatar at around 130k

Good for you! I may end up doing that. I think I would rather take out a large amount and just marathon it rather than watch the smaller amounts add up day by day and have it take me ages. 

The only (somewhat) nice thing about the repetition is that usually once or twice a day while pulling the lever I'll have a RE that gives me ~1k , so at least I'm not losing all of my nps.