New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

Oh phew! Today's was absolutely brilliant! The interesting thing is, TNT content folk are on holiday vacation, so it was planned from the start! Maybe it's designed to have some easy days, some hard days? Either way, nice to have ONE day not full of insane prices!

Officially Stockholming right now. I stayed up late to see what today would bring and was a little bit... sad? disappointed? when nothing inflated. LOL. I wasn't looking to profit (if I snagged a pricy item I would have given it away or sold it cheap), but why did I even stay up so late?!?! :mellow:

I wish there could be some kind of balance - it's not very exciting when things stay less than 100 NP. I think a little bit of competition is a good thing, but when things go unbuyable then I think it's ridiculous. I just feel like if something was going for >10k but <99k people would be a little more charitable towards those who are less well off. But I suppose that's not a guarantee.

I guess I'm tough to please. :laughingsmiley:

It was really great, that the prices were so low. I only spent 100 NP for the two items I needed

Now this is more like it! Hopefully there will be at least 4 more days like today so that I can complete this silly thing.

Also, I have an extra Shimmery Sea Grass and Poison Snowball if anyone needs them (lol) :p

Wow, TNT is... well, TNT :P Like someone said, they planned this since the begining!!!!

I spent 350k yesterday, but I like the petpet; today I bought the items I didn`t have for 15nps :)

After caving and shelling out 400k to complete yesterday's quest (I missed the first 4 days of the event and was really worried about finishing), today I decided to wake up in the middle of the night to get online and snag whatever items I would need for this one.

And they were all junk items! I was able to make the donation and go back to bed. :D

I am so relieved now. This brings my total donations to 4/8.

After caving and shelling out 400k to complete yesterday's quest (I missed the first 4 days of the event and was really worried about finishing), today I decided to wake up in the middle of the night to get online and snag whatever items I would need for this one.
And they were all junk items! I was able to make the donation and go back to bed. :D
I am so relieved now. This brings my total donations to 4/8.

I completed four, like you. I was thrilled I didn't have to spend a ton of NPs. I hope the next four we both need are like this, easy and not too expensive!

I'm so happy today is so easy. Midnight NST is 10AM here but I was so tired I couldn't get up, I said to myself 'I don't care, I'll sleep'. And then - surprise! I'm happy but I have the feeling it won't go on like that :( Fingers crossed I'm wrong :) I need only two more and I'll be done with this event.

I'm so happy today is so easy. Midnight NST is 10AM here but I was so tired I couldn't get up, I said to myself 'I don't care, I'll sleep'. And then - surprise! I'm happy but I have the feeling it won't go on like that :( Fingers crossed I'm wrong :) I need only two more and I'll be done with this event.

Same here! I only need two more, then I'm going to go into full vacation mode. B) Good luck to all of us! <3

How long is this event going to last? Because if it was like today, I can finish in 5 days.. but if it is like yesterday.. I don't know when I can finish and I really want that avatar..

My two cents on the matter: I don't like this event, and here's a few reasons why...

1. If people are going to donate, they should just donate. Prizes shouldn't really matter.

2. I view this event as an attempt to a) get rid of junk on the servers and b ) regulate inflation, and nothing else.

3. Granny should keep her day job. Her "tags" are robbing more people than the Thieves Guild.

4. Items that are usually worth 1 np are now selling upwards of 650k or more, and people who can milk it are milking it.

5. How many people feel left out because they a) aren't mass hoarders and b ) filthy rich? I've got 14 mil in the bank and I'm struggling!

And this whole "most generous Neopians" list boils my blood because something isn't right about it. It's extremely fishy. This event hasn't been out THAT long. According to the list, some people have donated well over 3,000 times.

a) what are the odds of you being that highest ranking generous Neopian? Seriously, how many players are on Neo each day?

b ) many of the same people have constantly been on the list. Really? Does that surprise you? Doesn't surprise me!

and my personal favorite

c) these "users" would have to literally have NO life whatsoever, and be online 24/7, constantly donating to have donated that much, considering the price hikes on items and the serious sitewide lag! I think this whole list thing is just a catalyst to make everybody try to one up each other.

Donating toys whether it be in real life or virtually, the concept is still the same, and it shouldn't be a competition.

All that being said, no, I'm not being a cynical grinch, but I am saying this, my eighth tag is coming up. Once I complete it, I'm out. The only reason I've done it this far is because Neopians have helped me, and I have helped them in return. The whole point is to help somebody and give back, which is what I've tried to do.

Considering it's now Christmas Eve where I am, all of my future donations are going to the money tree, where they belong.

- Lady Angel out. Peace and Love, Ya'll! <3

Frickle frack... Scary Ink Frame went UB in about 5 minutes. Even I couldn't snag one in the SW. The items today are: Bone Vault Background, Cave Foreground, Relaxing Shenkuu Rock Garden (UB), Courgette Field Background, and Scary Ink Frame (UB).

If anyone can spare me one of the Scary Ink Frame, I'll be very grateful! I can also pay around 50-100k for it.

Edit: the Relaxing Shenkuu Rock Garden is also UB now.

I can't at all argue with what Angel had to say. Awesome points and well said.

I got my avatar today though :3 My total donations are 50 times. I don't anticipate doing much more than what I've done unless I like some prizes that will be earned in the next few days.

I'm a bit of a wearables hoarder, to be honest. I only had to buy the Courgette Field background. Let me know if anything goes UB and someone needs one or more of the other items. I have a few spares.

The best way to reach me is either NM or PM.

Something Has Happened! charitycorner.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

YES FINALLY :D

now i can relax & just buy the rest of the prizes , well the ones i like at least :)

uh had such a mind blank on the bone vault background, was convinced it was the pile of bones! good news though is that I have the avvie! :)
I also had some spare backgrounds, I'll double check which ones.

EDIT: i have 1 extra relaxing rock garden and a cave foreground

I think I'm only lacking the scary ink frame & bone vault BG.

Seeing as how I can't seem to find the frame on the wiz, I log out

& am now on my way to bed.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone :)