New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

Yesterday and today, the trend changed. Now, one item that becomes UB stays UB. I have a suspicion this is going to catch on for the next days. Of course, this all depends on the rarity/availability of the item too.

Oh dear, I hope that the trend goes back to "deflates in the last few hours" for the next few days. :/ But you're right, the "UB the entire time" could be a possibility, especially if the item is particularly rare for an "easy-to-attain" item.

I forgot, but i bought a spare shirt last night when it was cheap. If someone would still like one, just chuck me a message and/or bid on it at the tp (junk is fine) :)

as a side - i put it on the tp to see what would happen and within two minutes I had 10 offers roughly between 70k-200k. This event is Crazy!!

Really, do you still have that shirt? Can you give me the name of your side account? I am still hoping to get that shirt for 70-90K. I've been offering 70 and 80K but they all get - obvioussly - rejected, haha.

Today's items:

Lost Desert Architecture

A History of the Lost Desert

Desert Kabob

Desert Arrow Launcher

Desert Poogle Music Box (went UB in under 5 minutes)

Thank goodness I already had the music box in my SDB.

Not sure if it will stay UB all day, the prize is quite ugly (Christmas Taweret)

tawaret_christmas.gif

EDIT: Desert Arrow Launcher seems to be UB too right now... Glad I got it for 3k

If anyone has an extra arrow launcher or music box, I'd really appreciate you letting me know. I was on when they went UB, but couldn't get them in time. Happy to pay or pay it forward.

EDIT: Just need the arrow launcher. I scavenged the music box from my SDB.

EDIT2: Got the arrow launcher now! Thank you so much TDNer! (not sure if you wanted your name public)

Anyone willing to sell me the Music Box at not-so-inflated prices? I had to buy the T-shirt 2 minutes before the deadline and it was nothing short of nerve-wracking. Lol.

I managed to snag the music box and arrow launcher for a combined total of about 150k; going to bed now and here's hoping the kebab deflates by the time I wake up. :(

3 items going UB in like 15 minutes is actually ridiculous. I'm not sure why TNT is even selecting items that aren't really "junk" in the first place; the music box & arrow launcher were probably undervalued before, but not commonly given out across the site AFAIK. Maybe there's a reason for it, but it seems weird. I guess my biggest issue, assuming the prize for completing 8 days is an avatar, is that it's looking like you'll have to spend almost 1 million NP to get it - maybe more if things continue the way they are. If this is the only shot at the avatar (assuming it'll "retire" after the event), it's a dent I'm probably wiling to put in my bank account (which has taken years to build, BTW! Goodbye, sweet neopoints :sad01_anim: ). But definitely not very fair for people who don't just have that kind of money. I suppose the easiest counter to that is "Life's not fair", and it's not, but still - uncool. At least with other expensive avatars, they're always available so you can save up for them. If this somehow becomes a daily with a more easily obtainable avatar I will rage, LOL.

[/rant]

Stayed up too late. Sorry. :p

Did the Strange Growling Box prices drop right before midnight? I checked at early evening and it was still UB. I'd like to know to see if I should wait to get the Wocky T-shirt

FYI, in case you didn't stay up, the t-shirt stayed pretty much UB until midnight. A few started popping up on the SSW for 99,999 but you had to be super fast to snag one.

This is insanity. People want 300-500K for the music box! I watched the prices climb from 10K and beyond and I still wasn't able to snag one before it reached unbuyable territory. Is anyone willing to part with one for no more than 175k? :/

EDIT: Just saw someone on the TP requesting 18mil. Made me chuckle. :laughingsmiley:

EDITEDIT: Finally got one through the SSW!