Happy Shoyru Day!

hrtbrk

Oh I love that outfit. I will have to wait for prices to drop and then start hunting down the pieces. It'll be a bit of a culture shock for my Plushie Shoyru, but well worth it!

The Steampunk is well done as well. It doesn't seem as obnoxiously busy as many of them are! Reminds me of Vikings, I think.

9 minutes ago, Secre said:

The Steampunk is well done as well. It doesn't seem as obnoxiously busy as many of them are! Reminds me of Vikings, I think.

I thought it was more Samurai than Viking ... idk why but I feel Shoyrus always have an Asian vibe to them altho they are not Asian Dragons

2 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I thought it was more Samurai than Viking ... idk why but I feel Shoyrus always have an Asian vibe to them altho they are not Asian Dragons

Samurai also works! I think it was the horns that made me think Viking in honesty!

6 Japanese Weapons of the Samurai | History Hit

Why Vikings still fascinate us – DW – 04/13/2022

I LOVE the direction they're going with wearables lately. There are so many looks that 10-20 years ago would've only been attainable via paint brush - like this three-headed Shoyru costume - that are now available as general buyables with a lot more customization power and the option to make regular changes without constantly paying for brushes/potions to do it.

it's a common misconception that the Vikings had horned helmets. That notion was popularized by Scandinavian artists in the 1800's and Wagner in his Opera .. but it is not entirely true 🙂

In Japan, some Samurai armor incorporated a horned, plumed or crested helmet. These horns, used to identify military commanders on the battlefield, could be cast from metal, or made from genuine water buffalo horns.

I didn't notice the fur trimmings ... either way it's a cool colour concept x

My brain says I know vikings didn't have horned helmets, but my heart says they look cool, so I choose to ignore it when it comes to fantasy. Call them ceremonial or something :P

The fur on the jacket reads more 'aviator' to me, like a bomber jacket, especially with the helmet (take off the horns, it looks like one of those early pilot's helmets), which definitely fits the steampunk theme. I kinda like it, and I don't have a shoyru get so it's definitely going on the 'maybe' list

And that's a neat fact about the samurai helmets! Honestly that's probably one of the only good reasons to have horns on your helmet, they've got to be pretty inconvenient for actual fighting, not to mention a grabbing hazard, lol

Whatever that design may be based off of, that new Steampunk Color is amazing! Unlike most other Steampunk designs, it's not overdoing it with the details, and it works perfectly on its own too! Fantastic job!

And that 3-HEADED DRAGON??? Awesome!! Not only are the colors beautiful, but the heads having different expressions really makes it look even cooler. I could see this working as a comical trio of conjoined siblings lol.

Overall, the Shoryu designs were perfect today!

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I would of leaned more Japanese style as well, It actually reminds me of Rathalos armor from Monster Hunter. Which it could very well be a reference too, TNT LOVES their references.
4f3b14be6d76349e8c3fa78da5e2cdcb.jpg