Neutral Territory thread (Ɔ˘⌣˘)(˘⌣˘)˘⌣˘ C) All teams welcome

3 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

What's up with the "bonus points on this game" thing? It's on msn today, and I know when I first opened the game a little window popped up (presumably an explanation) but I closed it without reading and now it won't come back Dx Do we get extra prize shop points for the bonus game?? Or extra points for our team? Or? 

It means that when you send a score for that particular game, it will help your team more than it usually does. I believe it is used to motivate people to play that specific game more to benefit their team.

It's psychological warfare, that's what it is!

It's there to make you feel all the more guilty for refusing point-blank to play a game.

Well your tactics ain't working on me, TNT!

:hmmph:

*defiantly continues to not play MSN*

:ph34r:

So TNT said this: 

ADDITIONAL AC NEWS: In an attempt to keep this year’s competition as clean as possible, TNT has been closely monitoring gameplay, which has resulted in certain accounts being put under review. The accounts in question, which were flagged for suspicious activity will not be able to actively rank up in our efforts to keep the competition fair. If you are experiencing this first hand, please understand that it is not a glitch. However, if you feel that you’ve been wrongly affected by this, you are more than welcome to write into our team for further clarification. Thank you!

What does that mean? Is everyone under review then? I barely played anything... went from Beginner to Rank 2 in days not hours or minutes. This sounds like the review system went wild... :blink:

4 hours ago, acmerasta said:

So TNT said this: 

ADDITIONAL AC NEWS: In an attempt to keep this year’s competition as clean as possible, TNT has been closely monitoring gameplay, which has resulted in certain accounts being put under review. The accounts in question, which were flagged for suspicious activity will not be able to actively rank up in our efforts to keep the competition fair. If you are experiencing this first hand, please understand that it is not a glitch. However, if you feel that you’ve been wrongly affected by this, you are more than welcome to write into our team for further clarification. Thank you!

What does that mean? Is everyone under review then? I barely played anything... went from Beginner to Rank 2 in days not hours or minutes. This sounds like the review system went wild... :blink:

A lot of legit accounts have been caught up in this. (Me and @midnight_spell360and a bunch of other people included. :angry:) I saw on the neoboards no one knows what really caused legit accounts to be caught up in this, but some people think it's too many games of SoSd or the lag affecting scores being sent. 

I've been on Rank 2 since the second or third day of playing, and I'm supposed to be Rank 6 right now. I don't have much hope this will get fixed, and I'm really hopping mad rn. 

Is it just me, or is some of the AI programmed to be hyper aggressive in YYB? Krawk Island is playing Haunted Woods today and most of the AI is garbo as per usual, but for some reason that lil' rascal Zo Junior is always aggressively tackling me.

I've noticed that when I send scores for YYB, I get an odd score show up first then the actual correct score to points. I think there is a problem and TNT just aren't owning up to it at the moment..... probably think it will be resolved soon without further problem.  I barely played SOSD and even less of MSN :hmmph:

3 hours ago, belacqua64 said:

Well, looks like I've been flagged. Needless to say, I didn't do it. I've been playing a lot of SOSD, and maxed out YYB for the first time yesterday. Could that be the problem?

I'm feeling a bit miffed right now, to be honest. 

You may not be flagged. Today is a "practice" day. Although, in the past, practice days days would let you rank up, it seems, THT/JS has change that, this year. I've seen and read a few posts on the "Games" and "Help" Neoboards of others with the same issue, and replies stating it is happening because it is a "practice" day, as no one is able to rank up, today. So, I guess it is take a break day?

WHAT? They aren't letting us Rank Up on Jelly Day? NOOOOoooo!:sad02::oink::ohno01: I, too, wait for this Day to have the ability to not send high scores, end these annoying games faster, and be able to play them quicker, and now they take that all away???!!!!!

Preview?imageID=3291562&text0=One%20Does%20not%20simply&text1=Take%20away%20the%20Jelly%20Day!                                                          Preview?imageID=2475876&text0=What%20do%20you%20mean&text1=we%20can%27t%20rank%20up%20on%20a%20AC%20jelly%20day%3F%3F!! Made this for the KI Support thread, I am SO UPSET now!!:sad01_anim::hmmph::unsure:

Edited by midnight_spell360
adding a meme

It makes practice day kind of pointless, doesn't it.

If it's now a waste of time to play at all they should call it NO practice day. xD

this is from the FAQ :

..during the tournament's practice days; on these days, you'll continue to earn Neopoints. Your performance on these days will not count toward your team's performance, however and Prize Shop points will not get added.

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

You may not be flagged. Today is a "practice" day. Although, in the past, practice days days would let you rank up, it seems, THT/JS has change that, this year. I've seen and read a few posts on the "Games" and "Help" Neoboards of others with the same issue, and replies stating it is happening because it is a "practice" day, as no one is able to rank up, today. So, I guess it is take a break day?

Really? I had no idea this had been changed. Really hoping this is the case now, and not a ranking problem. Thank you for updating me!

I'm not being awarded NP for the games I have played, although I'm not too bothered about that. I wonder if that's the case for others?

It's a bit of a shame, really...I usually like playing against the practice team (the jellies running around makes me laugh :D ), but there doesn't seem to be much point if it doesn't count.

Today is a practice day. My game tallies are also not increasing today. Is that why? Or has my account suddenly been glitched? Or - even worse - does my altador cup play in some way look suspicious?? (I don't know how... I'm at a rank 9 which, although decent, I wouldn't think was 'suspicious'). I played a LOT of MSN yesterday since it was the bonus game, and I played it from my boyfriend's computer downstairs cuz it doesn't work properly on my laptop.. is that somehow suspicious? Argh. I hope it's the practice day thing. 

I've also been wondering about the bonus points... not sure what they do..

Edit: saw Angelo's post AFTER I posted this... certainly answers my questions!

Edited by charelan

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

this is from the FAQ :

..during the tournament's practice days; on these days, you'll continue to earn Neopoints. Your performance on these days will not count toward your team's performance, however and Prize Shop points will not get added.

I haven't played in two years........ when did they start doing this?? UGH. I didn't even realize that my plays weren't going up until AFTER I had already submitted a bunch. What a waste!!

The most likely theory about practice days that I've seen floating around so far is that TNT set a day where ranks/points don't count to give them time to look into the cases of flagged accounts. Since no one is earning points today, they won't have to worry about catching more cheaters and can focus on the people who have already been flagged and sort them out before competition resumes tomorrow. 

Granted, this may be a little too optimistic given JS's track record with the AC, but it is a sensible strategy if that's what it turns out to be. 

I'm disappointed that we can't earn points today, since today is the first day this week I had a few hours set aside specifically for playing, but oh well. It was in the FAQ, so we can't even really be mad about it since hardly anyone (me included) bothered to read it. I'll just work on some other stuff tonight and get back to work on ranking up tomorrow. 

47 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

The most likely theory about practice days that I've seen floating around so far is that TNT set a day where ranks/points don't count to give them time to look into the cases of flagged accounts. Since no one is earning points today, they won't have to worry about catching more cheaters and can focus on the people who have already been flagged and sort them out before competition resumes tomorrow. 

Granted, this may be a little too optimistic given JS's track record with the AC, but it is a sensible strategy if that's what it turns out to be. 

I'm disappointed that we can't earn points today, since today is the first day this week I had a few hours set aside specifically for playing, but oh well. It was in the FAQ, so we can't even really be mad about it since hardly anyone (me included) bothered to read it. I'll just work on some other stuff tonight and get back to work on ranking up tomorrow. 

Hmm, yeah, this is sensible if it is the reason, but as you say...we might be giving them more credit than they deserve xD

I'm just glad that I don't have to play even one game of YYB today! :lmaosmiley:

I'm annoyed at this new rule (that really wasn't communicated very clearly*) about not being able to rank up on practice days. I'm not even aiming for All-Star or anything - because I don't have the time - but I do have some time to play a few games every day, and I was kind of counting on being able to do that every day. I'm not going to (be able to) make up for the points I'm losing out on today, on some other day. :/

*I'd actually read the FAQ, but completely missed the "and Prize Shop points will not get added" bit.

AC 2017 is making me tired! :sleeping:  Seems I've been cleared and my rank went up to 2. Whoopee... Was looking forward to playing today to rank up to 3 but that would be a waste of time today... Oh well... I really want to get this year's stamp if its a prize but glitches and aggressive AIs are draining my energy. 

It took me a few plays to realize that we cannot even get credit on the other AC games for today. Sheesh!

Tomorrow is another day.

I feel awful about today's practice day. I was out of town and did not even realize the AC started! Yahhhh~ :angry::crying_anim:

Just now, tk421beth said:

It took me a few plays to realize that we cannot even get credit on the other AC games for today. Sheesh!

Tomorrow is another day.

I feel awful about today's practice day. I was out of town and did not even realize the AC started! Yahhhh~ :angry::crying_anim:

Got some NP for playing though, right?

Just now, jellysundae said:

Got some NP for playing though, right?

Yes, this is true. I just wish I was not out of town and MISSED THE FIRST DAY!

I couldn't even do my dailies as well. So dang busy *wahhhhh!* I have to WORK MY BUNS OFF to get a higher level than last year. There goes my weekend :upsidedown::bigeyed:^_^