Feelings towards Jumpstart

aetherealhobnobs

At the moment I'm feeling frustrated at my inability to play properly due to the glitches, slow load speeds and general website shenanigans. It's rough to be embarking on avatar goals and have it be near impossible to refresh properly or play games.

All they have done so far is add things that players have been dying for over the last 5+ years (at least), all things that Nickledeon said would never happen, so I say they're doing a pretty great job considering the circumstance of the transition.

This upcoming year should be good, especially if they cure this lag plague :)

At the moment I'm feeling frustrated at my inability to play properly due to the glitches, slow load speeds and general website shenanigans. It's rough to be embarking on avatar goals and have it be near impossible to refresh properly or play games.

I've had the same problems. Earlier on, I was lurking the shops trying to restock. I saw an expensive item, and by the time it loaded, it was gone. I'm quite certain it's not my internet connection, because I've done everything to get maximum speeds. Do you think it will be fixed eventually?

All they have done so far is add things that players have been dying for over the last 5+ years (at least), all things that Nickledeon said would never happen, so I say they're doing a pretty great job considering the circumstance of the transition.

This upcoming year should be good, especially if they cure this lag plague :)

I hope so. I don't want to see Neopets ruined. Even if it gets worse, no matter how many bugs I encounter, I'll play to the bitter end. I've played too long to just quit like that. :laughingsmiley:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have faith that the lag will eventually go away. That being said, I'm fairly pleased with the new ownership. The only real complaint I have is the lack of communication - which has always been a pet peeve of mine. For example, the lag is awful and everyone knows it. A post on the neo facebook page or on the tnt board acknowledging that they know there is a problem would make me a happy camper.

The only real complaint I have is the lack of communication - which has always been a pet peeve of mine. For example, the lag is awful and everyone knows it. A post on the neo facebook page or on the tnt board acknowledging that they know there is a problem would make me a happy camper.

Yes, exactly! I would love to hear from TNT regarding the lag situation, as well as what they might be doing to address it.

Yeah, I hate the lag, I think it's because of the transition. But I hope they'll fix it soon! Overall, I think they're doing quite a good job, no real complaints.

I'm quite pleased that they've fixed the Battledome glitches, but I'm still waiting for Key Quest :mellow:

Although Key Quest doesn't give out red codestones :snitch:

As much as I would also like to see a bit more word on what's up with the lag, they can't really tell us every little thing that's up with the servers, and it could be they want to try and give an ETA or at least a "We think we've found this issue" when they do say something. After all, it's a bit hard to miss that it's an issue.

As for what Jumpstart has done so far? Well, as Linds said, the changes that we've seen so far are things we've been wanting for ages, or otherwise are going in good directions. And they haven't even done much yet!

A lot of people (and I say this as a general thing, no one here seems to be of this mindset) seem to think that the transition was over as soon as they got the site over and up. Obviously, it is not. In addition to hiring new staff (as they stated some of the old staff left or what have you) they have to go through the programming of the site to find the cause of this lag. What works just fine on one server may not work quite the same on another, just like some things run different from computer to computer. And there's a LOT of code to go through to find the issues, and then they have to be fixed. And on top of having to do that with a downsized staff, this is the most holiday-heavy part of the year (so lots of days off!) and everyone's trying to load the same flash every day.

So far I think they're doing well, all things considered. I'm interested to see where they're going to go event wise once they stabilize the site properly and get through the time of year where there's a bunch of annual events taking up their time.

I thought I was the only one experiencing problems that I was close to throwing my computer across my room... aha... but now that I know this is on a larger scale... so now my computer's safe lol

I had given up on Neopets about 8 years ago, after the whole thing was rebooted and got the NC mall (I was really upset about how our pets no longer had cool poses). Now I'm kinda over it, but then Habitarium got taken away and that got me utterly disappointed. Now I'm just seriously hoping that the glitches and slow speeds are fixed in the near future. Things like this substantially decreases the amount of users playing Neopets. I remember before Neopocalypse II, between 7,000-12,000 players came here on a daily basis... but now that number has dwindled down to about 3,000 players daily. Hopefully with the new ownership, things will change for the better and people will go back on and be happy about the changes people have been wanting for a very long time. :) Personally, I'm not aware of the changes Jumpstart has done since I put the site on StayFocusd and therefore can never stay there for too long... can anybody fill me in? Both on changes that have been done and will be done in the future? Thanks! :)

I thought I was the only one experiencing problems that I was close to throwing my computer across my room... aha... but now that I know this is on a larger scale... I had given up on Neopets about 8 years ago, after the whole thing was rebooted and got the NC mall (I was really upset about how our pets no longer had cool poses). Now I'm kinda over it, but then Habitarium got taken away and that got me utterly disappointed. Now I'm just seriously hoping that the glitches and slow speeds are fixed in the near future. Things like this substantially decreases the amount of users playing Neopets. I remember before Neopocalypse II, between 7,000-12,000 players came here on a daily basis... but now that number has dwindled down to about 3,000 players daily. That's not good at all... and I'm afraid that number will continue to go down if something for the better doesn't change with Neopets.

I hope the bugs are fixed soon, then. When I made my current account to replace the one I lost in 2007, I tried out the Habitarium, but I didn't make it far before it got removed. It sounds like it was good fun though, I'm a bit sad I missed it all.

I'm not specially happy with them so far. Firstly, they ruined Halloween for me. I was hoping for some kind of event. They are ending things, like habitarium (although that game wasn't a big lost for me, I apreciated the NP, but it wasn't fun to play with for me), which makes me think that there are more that it will disappear. Also, the Daily Dare... I found it too easy. And as most people say, the lag... I barely play lately, I just do the dailies, because it really takes my nerves the lag... Although I'm happy with all the books for Christmas.

I'm not specially happy with them so far. Firstly, they ruined Halloween for me. I was hoping for some kind of event. They are ending things, like habitarium (although that game wasn't a big lost for me, I apreciated the NP, but it wasn't fun to play with for me), which makes me think that there are more that it will disappear. Also, the Daily Dare... I found it too easy. And as most people say, the lag... I barely play lately, I just do the dailies, because it really takes my nerves the lag... Although I'm happy with all the books for Christmas.

The Games Master Challenge was much too easy. I did most of them on the first try, honestly. Except Top Chop. That one was a nightmare. I suppose some things are improving, and others are getting worse. I suppose I'm mostly indifferent to Jumpstart so far.

Halloween was, I think, the direct results of sheer lack of staff and not having anything pre-made due to the transition prep. GMC was a lot of the same (seeing as the prizes were.... half recolors I think they may have been trying to use up existing art without releasing it next to things of an obviously different style). And while they did nerf it a bit too much, a lot of users had been calling for a shorter or easier GMC since the past few were either very long, had challenges that were nearly impossible for most players, or both. There is, after all, a difference between a challenge that you can work towards and complete in the allotted time, and a challenge that you'd need several months of practice to achieve.

I think for such a big company that this is unacceptable. I am paying for Premium and half the time I can't even get on Neo.The prizes from the scratchcard on Friday are a joke. Games don't work,layouts don't work,Battledome is NOT fixed. Halloween was horrible and Christmas is shaping up to be the same. As a Guild owner I work hard to keep members and make them happy. I have members saying they are going to pack it in and leave for good. Not being able to change our Web Page and the Guild layout and Logo is -can't say the words I really feel!

i cannot stand the slow speeds, i cannot even have multiple windows open it seems like. Its a real turn off. It takes me a really long time just to get dailies done. I like to click all of them off each day off the TDN dailies list, but because of the slow speeds it takes minutes for each one to refresh. Ending with 'sorry youve already done this daily today' or 'youre refreshing too quickly.' No--- I'm not and no i didnt. Ruins dailies. And thats honestly the only thing Ive been doing now, because trying to Kad or shop stock is impossible. I put a Royal Boy Krawk in the pound for someone to snag and be happy- but hes just glitched in there now. So no one gets it. Like what the heck already?

Echoing the gripes of everyone else. I can't really give them tons of leeway because they are a huge company and it isn't like they had no idea they were obtaining a website. Corporate deals take a while to go through, so they could have had a planning committee.

The lag's about to make me punch someone.

I agree that this didn't go as smoothly as it should've (if nothing else they seem to have failed to give enough server space even considering that Neopets is no longer at its peak), but a lot of the current lag is likely caused by things they couldn't have known would cause issues. Things like the Advent, which usually runs just fine, that is now causing most of the current lag, or things like with Keyquest where something in its setup isn't meshing with the new servers well. There are some things that you flat out cannot predict and just have to deal with.

They do need to get a move on with finding the issue, however. Even though I'm giving them more credit than most are (perhaps even more than they deserve, but I have no way of knowing what all is going on), this is getting to the point of absurdity.

Personally they should have waited until next year to do the transition of servers. They know darn well when their busy times are! I've been in charge of too many websites to know you don't do a change when you're about to hit busy season unless it's 100% unavoidable. I feel like the move could have been pushed back.

The lag is getting me terrified of hitting REs and not noticing because i gave up on the page fully loading, etc.,

I would like to see the World Challenges back up. It's not very often the games I prefer to play for them make it into the lineup. Though if they could randomize ALL of the lineups, (so Meerca Chase and a couple others weren't in EVERY flippin day) that would be awesome! Otherwise, if there are only 2 or 3 slots that change games, and 2-3 constant games, those good at the constant games would be the only ones getting the WC map pieces, if the changed-out slot games aren't good for them. I like variable choice options. ;)

I HOPE that TNT will complete the Battledome as well. Though I'd be happy if it happened in 2015, and before 2016. ;) Hey, I'm realistic at times. lol

The current LAG of course must go. But I'm sure they'll find the reason and fix that fairly timely. TNT usually seems to fix lag fairly quickly. :)

Oh yes, last thing. Neopoint game ratios. It would be nice if the minimum ratio would at least reflect the top score possible in the game when hiking the requirement for 1000np higher. Kass Basher is my main cause of my ire this month. 2.17 is INSANE! Especially when last month it was something like 0.86. So until the next change. A player needs to score 2,170 points for 1000np! Impossible I say! The highest score on the scoreboard so far this month is only.. 1,583! I'm not saying remove all the ratio changes, but keep the changes at LEAST REALISTIC!

Otherwise, I'm liking most of what's gone on since the move to Jumpstart. :)

I totally agree with the lag issues... it is getting just a tad ridiculous. I find I'm spending less time on the site lately because of it, which is really too bad as I know it's a popular time of year for the site with the Advent calendar and everything.

Speaking of the number of players on the site at a time, has anyone else noticed that the number on the front page is always 3534 players online? Like how can there always be that exact number of people on at once?? Guess I should just chalk it up to another glitch.

Speaking of the number of players on the site at a time, has anyone else noticed that the number on the front page is always 3534 players online? Like how can there always be that exact number of people on at once?? Guess I should just chalk it up to another glitch.

Yes it is. That number has been frozen and shows the amount of users who were online when the site first came back after being down for a few days back in September.