Feelings towards Jumpstart

aetherealhobnobs

o.O TNT has spoken - it's like they read my mind (via Facebook)

Neopets Hi, All - As we've been trying to relay to our fans, the bulk of the work in migrating our servers is complete; however there are still a few things that need to be done by our team to assure that all site features are running at the same level at which they previously functioned. Optimizing the Neopets user experience in terms of fixing known site bugs, improving load times and resolving overall lag is still at the top of our team's priority list. Unfortunately technical updates like these do take time and testing across various databases before they are able to go into full effect. TNT is working diligently to make the Neopets site experience great for all users especially those still feeling the effects of our recent transition. As we continue to work out these persisting issues with lag on the site, we hope that you understand that the feedback and concerns of all of our players are very important to us. We will be updating everyone as soon as new information becomes available from our tech team. Thank you!

I think the fact that this site is massive tends to get lost in the shuffle of things sometimes. There is so much going on behind the scenes to make the site operate the way we want it to. Honestly, with the timing of the transition I think it's amazing that TNT ran events like GMC and even the Advent Calendar. Just because we can't see improvements being made doesn't mean they aren't :)

a couple of people have mentioned the awesome things this company has done, but no one has mentioned them by name. what are they? i havent noticed anything but lack and the sudden depreciation of everything

The week of Neo's birthday was full of positive changes. Maybe small changes, but definitely good ones. And they released a new neopet! I'm honestly astounded they were able to do that along with all of the work involved with the transition.

Personally I love Jumpstart games (outside of neopets). I grew up on Jumpstart 1st grade-5th grade. So I am exited for the possible directions neopets will go in that could be similar to other Jumpstart projects. Yes, it there had been lag but I sort of assumed things would be an even bigger mess then they are. I think they are resolving issues as fast as they can.

I was glad to see that they at least acknowledged that there are a few massive problems. I'm really hoping to see more positive changes after they get the primary issues with server migration solved.

Jumpstart has some really awesome resources at it's disposal, plus the company that came up with the Noun song that is STILL stuck in my head over a decade in a half later can't be all bad, right?

• 2 weeks later...