Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is dying of boredom with this. I swung by to see how many floors there were and with many of you saying "at least 69", forget it.

I doubt there are any prizes I haven't gotten, at this point; the floors are monotonous (the entrance is always diagonal from the exit); nothing is selling very high anymore, etc., etc.

I don't care if I lose out on some special prize or something because I stopped between thirty-five and thirty-six. I can't stand it anymore! It's just like the blasted obelisk--they grind us to pieces and the ending will probably be lackluster.

For some reason, I thoroughly enjoy tedious stuff, so I'm really having fun with this. I love getting free stuff, so it's always fun to see what items I get and try to get everything I want.

My only annoyance is how quickly the fatigue curse increased. I can do 4-5 levels without getting one above 1 minute, then within a few levels, I'm at 16 hours. (And I rarely see the Cleanse Curse.)

You had to have not gone through the exit to claim your prizes BEFORE using the curse. If you claim your prizes and then proceed there is no way to cleanse it. I found that out the hard way by having to wait the 16 hours like you. For me, exit doors are ALWAYS in the corners, and they're always one square, so you learn to predict what is an exit door. Additionally, every answer is right for an exit door... So, yeah. Just keep your cleanse for the next long curse and don't go through the door completely by claiming prizes.

I haven't gone through yet or I wouldn't be able to still be trying to use the curse. I had to go through the exit square to get to the majority of rooms in this level, which shouldn't exclude me from using the curse.

I managed 18 floors today. Have to wait 10 hours now.

It's only in the past few days I've noticed I can complete 10+ in a day. I'm not sure if it's because I'm browsing multiple sites while opening doors, meaning I'm away from Neo for a few minutes between each level or not. (If waiting times go by how quickly you complete floors?)

It's only the last two floors I complete where I've had to wait either 2hrs or 7hrs

I too have noticed that I am clearing more floors without hitting the very long fatigues just these past two days!

I was wondering if its about speed, since I know the answers I am really whizzing through the floors now and I wonder if that has anything to do with it

I managed 18 floors today. Have to wait 10 hours now.

It's only in the past few days I've noticed I can complete 10+ in a day. I'm not sure if it's because I'm browsing multiple sites while opening doors, meaning I'm away from Neo for a few minutes between each level or not. (If waiting times go by how quickly you complete floors?)

It's only the last two floors I complete where I've had to wait either 2hrs or 7hrs

It actually is increasing each day. I saw someone on the SFC boards explain it this way:

there are about 5 types of the fatigue curse

-one that lasts less than a minute

-one that lasts for a few minutes

-one that lasts for an hour or a couple hours

-one that lasts maybe 7-10 hours

-and one that lasts more than 10 hours...maybe up to 16 hours

Each floor gives out one type of fatigue curse

Every day you get only one level of the last four types.

For the first type (the one that lasts less than a minute) the number of levels that you get this type on increases every day.

Maybe on the first day it was 1 level of a minute fatigue, then 2 levels, then 4, then 8, then 16... (it doubles just about).

That's what that person observed to be happening. Their numbers might be off a little bit, but judging by the average that everyone is able to complete each day just glancing at the different boards, it seems to be fairly accurate.

wow that makes a lot of sense !!

Oh dear on that reckoning tommorow is going to be a lot of clicking !!

Just my opinion but I also think that its a bit pointless using cleansing on the extra long waits because the minute you continue you just get hit with another one

For some reason, I thoroughly enjoy tedious stuff, so I'm really having fun with this. I love getting free stuff, so it's always fun to see what items I get and try to get everything I want.

My only annoyance is how quickly the fatigue curse increased. I can do 4-5 levels without getting one above 1 minute, then within a few levels, I'm at 16 hours. (And I rarely see the Cleanse Curse.)

I don't particularly mind tedious stuff - I'm used to it, being an Egg Caver and having to click mindlessly in order to feed other user's creatures. xD

This event is fine by me (free books woo), though I'm wondering if these catacombs ever end.

The Curses of Fatigue are extremely pesky, though. I've only gotten a single Curse of Cleansing and I'm still waiting to use it.

102 ...wow that is crazy and i agree makes me a little depressed as well LOL

I am at level 67 and waiting on a curse to go away (about 25 minutes left) and then i will probably one get one or two more levels before i have to stop for the night ... :)

Edit: yep I was right got to level 69 and now i have an 8 hour wait .... off to bed for me, sleep it away :) haha!!

I haven't gone through yet or I wouldn't be able to still be trying to use the curse. I had to go through the exit square to get to the majority of rooms in this level, which shouldn't exclude me from using the curse.

Then I suggest you use a different browser. I use firefox and have had no problems. To clear the curse of fatigue, all you need is the cleansing curse, obviously like you have... and you click the one you want to get rid of BEFORE going through the exit door. So if it's not working for some reason or another, try clearing your cookies, cache and whatever else...If that's still not working... download a different internet browser... If none of that works... Submit a ticket to them I guess?

about 5 hours left between floors 64 and 65. I can't believe people are so far in. I feel like I'm being pretty active aside from the curse delays, but I'm way behind other folks.

I know how you feel lol. I'm only at level 56 going on 57, as soon as this fatigue curse ends. Just trying to keep at it as much as I can.

As I said last night: "I'm thinking these catacombs are indeed indefinite. :/ They go on through Moltara until they reach the other side of Neopia."

Assume the ceiling height in each floor is 10 feet. (Given that there are dragons living down there, that seems rather cramped, but let's go with it.) Further assume ~2 feet of stonework between floors, since they can evidently support considerable weight. (Again, dragons.) We know that it reaches a depth of at least 102 floors, so that's 1224 feet deep, or just under a quarter of a mile. Well below the depth of most mines on Earth, though there are a few that goes as far as 2000 ft. You could still breathe down on the 100th floor, but it would likely be getting hot, and it would require quite a ventilation system to support all those cultists (and dragons!).

It actually is increasing each day. I saw someone on the SFC boards explain it this way:

For the first type (the one that lasts less than a minute) the number of levels that you get this type on increases every day.

Maybe on the first day it was 1 level of a minute fatigue, then 2 levels, then 4, then 8, then 16... (it doubles just about).

That's what that person observed to be happening. Their numbers might be off a little bit, but judging by the average that everyone is able to complete each day just glancing at the different boards, it seems to be fairly accurate.

Ah, well that makes sense :)

Just completed 20 floors and now have to wait 7 and a half hours. Made it to floor 89

Hmz, I would say you could only get one floor with one of the last two types instead of four because I just had a 2 hour curse followed by a level with 7 hour curse. And I've had that a few times already. Go to bed after a 1 to 3 hour curse, wake up (same neopian day) do 1 level and get stuck with 7+ hour curse.

But it does make me happy to know! Because now I have a 6 hour curse, go to work and probably will only get small fatigues when I come back so I can clear floors until I fall a sleep. :P