Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

Just waiting for the last 2 hours out of a 14-hour-long Fatigue Curse... <_<

I think it's a good idea to keep looking for Curses of Cleansing after you get hit by a long Fatigue one, even if you've already found the door. Shame I'm no good at finding them... :(

I've caught glimpses of the monster on exiting 18 and 19. Now I'm waiting out the last couple of hours of a 6-hour Fatigue. I've noticed an increasing number of doppelgangers cropping up in previously safe choices, too. That seems to be the go-to for breaking a treasure encounter; I wonder if there's any significance to it. (Of course, I've recently starting bumping into tourists who break some of the safe choices, but not as many as the doppelgangers.)

Only at level 13- no sign of a monster yet. Are any of the food rewards between rarity 90-100? I've been avoiding food prizes mostly in favor of books and collectibles but if the food is actually nice enough, I might start choosing those when the prizes repeat themselves.

Yeah, a few food items have a rarity between 90-100, but I wouldn't say they're nice. 4/5 of them are gross foods.

Steamed Vegetable Dumplings
That Fruit Basket You Forgot About
Week Old Glass of Milk
Chocolate Taquitos
Ground Beef Smores

Based on how many days the melody went, I think this will be similar. I think there is a set number of levels that you can continue through even if the next phase already started. I have been completing a few levels at a time (only on 14) and the only time I had a long wait was when I did a bunch of levels in a row. Now, it hits me for less than a minute. So those being cursed and having to wait a long time, I think there may be some built in timeline on how fast you can complete the levels.

I'm on level 19, and at about level 16 or 17, I caught site of the monster - just its foot and some of its back as it went around a corner. I haven't seen another sign of it since though. I've also noticed that the higher the level I've gotten to, the lower the quality of the prizes I've won have been :\

I have encountered the same thing with the prizes. I'm also on level 19 waiting for fatigue to end so I can start on 20. The quality of prizes I've gotten have been progressively declining as I get along, and more and more of the "accepted answers" are failing and resulting in curses.

I have encountered the same thing with the prizes. I'm also on level 19 waiting for fatigue to end so I can start on 20. The quality of prizes I've gotten have been progressively declining as I get along, and more and more of the "accepted answers" are failing and resulting in curses.

My fatigue just timed out, and I just finished 20 and got another glimpse of the monster - same as the glimpse I got before :S Prizes are still sucking, but expectedly so by now *sighs* I found the beginning of the search so exciting and was able to add to my petpet, charm and stamp collections :D I hope the prizes get better, or the next step comes soon and then the prizes get better :)

Woah I just got a weird riddle door?

Intriguingly, this door has a face on it. You're pretty sure that's not normal. Then again, you are wandering around in an evil lair, so maybe talking doors are regulation here.

Gazing at you with glowing red eyes, the door whispers, "My first is in haunted but never in good. My second is in eerie but never in ichor. My third is in lucky but never in quicker. My last is in peril but never in woods. What am I?"

Oh man, that's fancy. What level are you on that you got this?

]I'm on level 28 - i just did all the other doors I could with the usual formula but I think I'm going to have to brave the fancy door now.

I'm thinking fear but I think my brain isn't awake yet.. yelp!

Edit: I think it's spelling out HELP .. ok!

It was indeed HELP!

7txlaIz.png

I've gotten two more.. one for level 29 and now one for the first door of level 30.

I'm keeping track of my answers in case anyone wants them!

Q. My first is in haunted but never in good. My second is in errie but never in ichor. My third is in lucky but never in quicker. My last is in peril, but never in woods. What am I?

- Help

- Doom

- Fear

Q. What breaks apart, comes back together, and hands out morphing potions?

- Coconut Shy

- The Neggery

- Krawk Island

Q. Rattle bones, flutter sheets, sink fangs, hand out treats.

- Wraith

- Stealth

- Halloween

Q. They punished pride and claimed the Obelisk's first light, with methods cloaked in the shadows of night."

- Sway

- Thieves Guild

- Awakened

Q. A tongue that wags without lips or teeth, amusing the trees it wanders beneath.

- Tentacle

- Slorg

- Dribblet

Q. Inside, a staircase. Outside, clouds float by. Inside, treasure. Outside, no door is spied.

- The Hidden Tower

- Jhudora's Bluff

- Space Station

Q. What wears a bow in the morning, but glasses at night

- Kyrii

- Xweetok

- Yurble

Q. Two things are constant above all else in Neopia. What are they

- Reason and Speech

- Kreludor and Virtupets

- Faerieland and Darigan

Q. "It goes up, it is sold; it goes down below ten and five, it sits there and grows old.

- Souvenir

- Stock

- Smoothie

I don't know what happens when you get it wrong yet.. scared to try that! :laughingsmiley:

And edit: third for lvl 30!

I just got one of those doors (I'll add picture as an edit)

Okay, so I can't add it because I can't figure out how to :(

I've added the riddles that marthaclark (above me) hadn't added when I checked before putting these in:

Intriguingly, this door has a face on it. You're pretty sure that's not normal. Then again, you are wandering around in an evil lair, so maybe talking doors are regulation here.

The door's eyes glow malevolently and a voice booms, "Two things are constant above all else in Neopia. What are they?"

Answer is not Reason and speech - when you get it wrong it's the same as getting the wrong option on the regular doors.

"A cup that fills itself but once a year with the sound of many cheers. What is it?"

Answer: Altador Cup

Edit: Floor 30 and waiting for Fatigue to time-out [lame thing has and hour and 20 minutes to count down :( ] and I have to sleep for the night *sighs*

Wow, talking door for me too! At least its riddle wasn't difficult - it was the "Help" one. And thank you so much marthaclark for all the answers!!! I really don't wanna find out what happens if you get one wrong... :laughingsmiley:

According to Lexa88 it's just like getting any of the other doors wrong, so I presume that means curses!

I'm still on a winning riddle streak - 5 minutes until I attack level 35 :laughingsmiley:

I just got one of those doors (I'll add picture as an edit)

Okay, so I can't add it because I can't figure out how to :(

I've added the riddles that marthaclark (above me) hadn't added when I checked before putting these in:

The door's eyes glow malevolently and a voice booms, "Two things are constant above all else in Neopia. What are they?"

Answer is not Reason and speech - when you get it wrong it's the same as getting the wrong option on the regular doors.

"A cup that fills itself but once a year with the sound of many cheers. What is it?"

Answer: Altador Cup

Edit: Floor 30 and waiting for Fatigue to time-out [lame thing has and hour and 20 minutes to count down :( ] and I have to sleep for the night *sighs*

the answer to the first one you posted is

I just got that question just now, i am on floor 28 ( i got like 4 of those doors on this same floor!!)