Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

I am comforted to see others got confused with the cleansing curse too. I have wasted one curse finding out the hard way.. cleansing the curse of cleansing and not fatigue.. ahhhh!!!

I feel less bad about it now :P

Also I am torn between thinking it is infinite versus thinking the limit might be level 100 before halloween (and then kill the monster in battledome for halloween).

Maybe?

Got stuck with a 6 hr curse on Floor 42.

I am comforted to see others got confused with the cleansing curse too. I have wasted one curse finding out the hard way.. cleansing the curse of cleansing and not fatigue.. ahhhh!!!

I feel less bad about it now :P

Also I am torn between thinking it is infinite versus thinking the limit might be level 100 before halloween (and then kill the monster in battledome for halloween).

Maybe?

Maybe but I think it's more of infinite.

Got a door today that said something about "beating pride" and the answer is Sway...wish i copied it

Intriguingly, this door has a face on it. You're pretty sure that's not normal. Then again, you are wandering around in an evil lair, so maybe talking doors are regulation here.

Chomping like a hungry Werhond, the door snarls, "It goes up, it is sold; it goes down below ten and five, it sits there and grows old."

• Souvenir
  • Stock
  • Smoothie

Answer is Stock..not sure where the door thing is so not sure if to post it or not

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm currently waiting out a six-hour Fatigue curse at level 47.

I wish there was a way to deliberately get myself the Cleansing curse. In all levels so far, I have only received it three times.

I also wish they would add something to make it not so repetitive. Like, after every 10 levels all the scenarios change, or even the physical look of the catacombs is different. But it's just the same thing apart from the addition of those riddle doors later on. I wonder what it is building up to.

At this point, I just try to get through the levels as quickly as possible and exit the floor as soon as I find the staircase, without exploring anything else. :mellow:

Just finished 52, and now I have to wait 14 hours. boo.

we are neck and neck bob ;)

I don't know why this catacomb thing is so addictive. I think I will probably actually miss it when it ends!!

I'm currently waiting out a six-hour Fatigue curse at level 47.

I wish there was a way to deliberately get myself the Cleansing curse. In all levels so far, I have only received it three times.

I also wish they would add something to make it not so repetitive. Like, after every 10 levels all the scenarios change, or even the physical look of the catacombs is different. But it's just the same thing apart from the addition of those riddle doors later on. I wonder what it is building up to.

At this point, I just try to get through the levels as quickly as possible and exit the floor as soon as I find the staircase, without exploring anything else. :mellow:

I always open all the doors in the hopes of getting the curse of cleansing but I'm pretty sure I've only had it 4 times myself. I've played around with deliberately giving myself curses to try get cleansing but it hasn't really worked out that well for me. It gives me less prizes but at this stage.. I guess the prizes aren't worth much unless it's three sporkle syrups .. Maybe deliberately getting curses is the way to go?

I'm a little behind you guys, having just finished floor 50, but at least I've got a shorter wait--just a bit over an hour. Unrelated, but I also found a caprior on floor 50; it's not worth much, but it's the first new item I've seen in the treasure list for quite a while, so at least it broke up the monotony a bit.

I'm at floor 49 now with a 6 hour wait. I do have a cleansing curse (2nd one! Yay!) but I just know I'll only get to do 1 extra floor if I use it and be stuck with a 12+ hours fatigue so I'm going to save it for tomorrow when I have more time to do more floors (if it doesn't happen) plus I won't be at work when that long fatigue would end. That way I can do an extra floor, sleep in (Yay!) while the curse is active and do some extra levels before going to work again.

I did get a lot of good prizes already, got the stamp, most of the charms, a lot of the petpets, and SO many books. So I'm very happy. :laughingsmiley:

50 with an hour wait means you'll probably have caught up to us by the time we get a go at it again :P

Alas, there was a doppelganger behind the very first door on the next level who had a 6-hour curse with my name (and presumably face) on it. I deliberately hit every curse I could for the rest of the level, on the off-chance of getting a Cleansing, but no dice.

What prizes are most valuable/sought after?

I already got 2 ghost kerchiefs keeping those, got 3 sporkle syrup and just donated them but looking at quick guide I think I made a mistake

It's hard to say at this point. The items from the catacombs are currently flooding the market, so the prices are dropping. In the long-term, consumable items will probably go back up more than durable items. That's why people tend to grab books as event prizes--the idea is that eventually, most of the books from the event will be used up, and prices will go back up.

Sporkle syrup was a bad thing to donate, it will reinflate after the event, medicine almost always does. You might want to buy a dozen at 5-8k to horde.

Made it to level 50, 12 hour wait (used my cleanse on 49, no such luck on 50). Got a dozen stamps so far, two beekadoodle, saw my first acko and dofrey. Petpets don't rebound as quickly as books, weapons are very slow.

P.S. Our supposed companions on the trip downwards are actually doppelgangers, the comments and dialogue are very indicative of such an conclusion. Added to the fact that doppelgangers can not open doors. The question is, when will the inevitable betrayal occur. I suspect in the end, we'll be the vessel for the release of a new evil from the pit upon the innocents. Aint it always the way.

All trust the crazy ol' NDN.

The question is, when will the inevitable betrayal occur.

Suddenly, of course.

This text brought to you by the Anti-Spam Ru

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Stuck for 15hrs level 45+ish.

Every time we catch site of the monster my companions claim it's not actually the monster, just an illusion. It makes me suspicious.

:shiftyeyes_anim: They keep taking the prizes to sell. Which makes me think that the reason this takes so long is because every so often they're hauling everything we collect up to Neopia proper... Darn their crafty nature, striking when I'm cursed with fatigue. :laughingsmiley:

On the plus side I'm pretty sure that now everyone knows what the word "fatigue" means.

I'm guessing 3-5 move days of catacombs, I think they'll wrap up the SFC on Halloween or Dia De Los Meurtos (appologies for spelling)

Welp. I'm stuck. I finished floor 48 with a 3 hour Curse of Fatigue, so I waited a few hours before trying again. The curse had run out by the time I came back, but now everytime I try to click the "We need to go deeper" button, it says an error has occured. I've cleared my cookies, my cache, I've closed and reopened my browser, I've switched browsers, I've refreshed and clicked and clicked and still no dice. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have made it to level 45. Just got git with a seven and a half hour curse. Looks like I will be picking things up tomorrow. I got a bunch of plushies and pet pets today, so yay!

Whoo! It let me back in on its own, thank goodness. I thought I'd hit a weird, un-fixable glitch.

Curious. What level is everyone on? I just passed 49 myself, and I'm waiting for two more hours to continue. I think that'll be the last for today, my last curse was really long so I expect the next one to be as well.

Is there any ending in sight? Or are we doomed to continue for an unknown amount of time? I wish there was some sort of checklist or goal, I honestly have no idea how many levels they want us to do.

I keep getting an "Oops! Something went wrong" error. No matter how often I refresh, I can't continue and I still get the error.

I finally get to reach the next floor after a good amount of refreshing luckily. :) And I've had no wait times until reaching the 21st floor, with only 15 seconds, and the 22nd, with only 10 minutes. I'm wondering if the time or the amount of advancing has to do with waiting. But I'm assuming that starting from 11:30 PM NST through 1am NST guarantees short or no wait times. Good thing I am a night owl.

I also know I'm way behind knowing most of you are in the 40's floors. I'm thinking these catacombs are indeed indefinite. :/ They go on through Moltara until they reach the other side of Neopia.

I keep getting an "Oops! Something went wrong" error. No matter how often I refresh, I can't continue and I still get the error.

I got that quite a bit the other day. I just closed my browser and restarted it and it seemed to work fine. Try that, if not you may just have to leave it for a few minutes. Go get a drink or a snack or something and come back. Also sometimes when I get this error I can still click on the actions in the dialogue and it will refresh and work properly. Just keep trying and it'll work. :)

Wow, I'm on level 62 and still going :O I've been fatigued only minimally for the last 15 levels, but I'm also going really really slowly through because I'm distracted. Maybe the Fatigue is somehow correlated with the rate at which you proceed? *shrugs*

Edit: Shouldn't have typed that so soon....now I've got Fatigue at the end of floor 62, lol. I forgot to use my Curse of Cleansing, which sucks 'cause thanks to brightmanchild I now know how to do it :sad02: