Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

I've only done 1 level today already bored of it. Anyone else got to this point yet?

I mean you click the correct answer and you still get hit with a curse. Whats the frikkin point?

saaaaaaaaame ugh :c

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Aw, man, I really, really hope this will have some sort of explanation, or point, eventually. It's getting so senseless already.

And I definitely hope this doesn't become a dailie. It would be the most stupid dailie ever.

By the way, can someone explain to me the logic of the riddle "What wears a bow in the morning but glasses at night?"? I mean, why the heck is the answer "Xweetok"? I don't get it.

Edited by leverhelven

Aw, man, I really, really hope this will have some sort of explanation, or point, eventually. It's getting so senseless already.

And I definitely hope this doesn't become a dailie. It would be the most stupid dailie ever.

By the way, can someone explain to me the logic of the riddle "What wears a bow in the morning but glasses at night?"? I mean, why the heck is the answer "Xweetok"? I don't get it.

A Xweetok wears a bow when painted Baby (metaphorically, the morning of its life) and glasses when painted Elderly (metaphorically, night). It's a reference to the most famous riddle in history, the riddle of the Sphinx from Oedipus.

Level 118, got two curses of cleansing to get through my a 4 hour and now a 8 hour time-out. I figure if I go any further, I might get get by a 16-24 hour time-out. Should I risk exploring Level 118, only going to get to play in the morning tomorrow, as I need to go to town and get some Restore paint/polymer for the balcony, and some 1x4 and 1x6 to reinforce the support poles, treated of course. Might get some steel braces for a bad corner. More regular paint for the sides, deck screws, I should really make a list.

The Spinx asked, what walks upon four legs in the morning, two upon the day, and three at dusk. A man/woman crawls in the morning of his life, walks upon two in his prime (day) and uses a cane (in my case a traditional war club) as his third leg in the twilight of his years.

Also, what if this is the last day, then I could have gotten through level 118, however if I get a 24 hour freeze than I'll not be able to get through my 1 and 4 hour freezes. Nope, staying put.

======

I know, I didn't get it either xD But...maybe means like...the elderly color or something? xD

I'm on 104 now. Not opening all doors. Not really caring what I answer because I know there is no stopping that huge curse. I am super bored... Bored... BORED!!! Only reason I'm still going, is because I think I will end up kicking myself if this ever ends. Like get cheated out of a cool prize or something. I've come this far, may as well keep going right?

Only reason I'm still going, is because I think I will end up kicking myself if this ever ends. Like get cheated out of a cool prize or something. I've come this far, may as well keep going right?

ME TOO!!

Every day I think "Ok. As soon as I hit floor 80/90/100 I'm going to stop. I don't care anymore, and I'm bored to tears." But then I think-- what if the end is really close, and I end up missing out on a trophy or something because I was too lazy to finish the one last day?

So I keep plodding along. I guess it's not really all that different from the repeated battling in the Battledome during the Obelisk skirmishes... same boredom level. :laughingsmiley:

I'm currently waiting out a 7 hour curse to get to level 115.

On the bright side, I have won all the books as prizes! And I've done it enough times to read a copy of each book to each of my pets, and accumulate a little hoard of them for my SDB.

From the news...

Have you caught a glimpse of the monster while searching The Perilous Catacombs? Surely it must mean we are getting close! Very close. Like, perhaps you want to get as many floors in as you can before tomorrow ends. We're not psychic or anything. Just sayin'.

Ughh, whyy does my 6 hr wait end at 3:30AM UK time? D: One more floor and I'll get a 12 hour wait. I'm not sure If I should continue tonight or not.

Does quitting before you get a 12 hr wait continue onto a new Neo day? If I start again tomorrow, will I get hit with a wait after another floor because I finished "early" the day before? /:

If that makes sense..

arghhhhh arghhhh I cant take it I cant take it 112 floors and NO MONSTER I think Im going nuts but cant stop now in case I miss out on something grrrr

ssigh I wish I could just say poo to it and walk away but ...... we dont do we lol

I have finished Floor 117 (ole!) and now have to wait almost 10 hours. I am really glad tomorrow is the last day. Really.

I got a very funny Curse of Kleptomania today. I am not sure why I find this so amusing, probably because that was the only unexpected thing in otherwise way too familiar catacombs :)

3yY-Q2p5zk4.jpg

OHHHH having seen the neopets news it seems we have to do as many floors as possible before tommorow...and I was just thinking I would slope off for an early night too ...sigh back to the grinding in twenty minutes then ... just a few more floors

looking for monsters sounded so exciting at the start lol

Oh man, really? I've been slacking off on it all day because I reached my goal of 100 :\ I've just been meandering through it since then, so now I'm probably way behind *sighs*

Now waiting out a 1 hour and something-or-other-minutes Fatigue. Bleh.

Edited by Lexa88

Checked the news a few hours ago, thinking there would be nothing, but lo and behold they finally gave us a date! I wonder if they mean we'll be able to do levels tomorrow, then have the next 'plot' point show up after that, or if tomorrow immediately starts with a new plot point with us being unable to do anymore catacomb levels.

You think you're behind. I only got to level 50 today because the first three days I got 20 hour waits every level

Oh wow! I'm really sorry to hear that (also feel like a Skieth for complaining :\ Sorry!)