what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

• 4 weeks later...

New peeve: The same people feeding Kads over and over and over again. I keep missing by seconds.... TO THE SAME PEOPLE! You've fed 17,000 Kads, let someone else get it! I just want the Avvie, then you can get to 18,000!

Ok, rant over. This is 6 days in a row I've been trying for countless hours. Sigh.

I try (really hard) not to feel this way, but I do.

Like, I know it must be really fun for them, and the reason why they play neopets, and I totally back that...

But I just can't imagine taking it away from people.

Like, for example, games which I have a gold trophy for - I don't play for anything over the 1,000 for now.

Because I like to think that that gives other people a chance to participate, and that's awesome, so I can't understand why people still kad.

(I'm sorry over feeders, it's not like I think you're bad people, and you're normally really nice and chatty and run the boards and run guides, which is really nice...)

Anyway, neopets taking away Random Contest is currently my most frustrating aspect.

The stupid random Avi's. I hate them all! Lever of doom can just kiss my you know what. I've stopped spinning the wheel of knowledge and I won't spin the expensive one.

I come to thread every time it's been updated, because I agree with all of you so much!

Why do random avatars hate me so much?!?

I have been pulling the wheel of knowledge for YEARS.

I nearly always get the spin again (right next to the star) and when I do spin it again, it lands of the *wisdom * tab, so I don't even land on an item,

/cries.

This is nearly as bad as when I got the black pteri on my FIRST DAY of a side account, and didn't get it for years on my main.

*makes new account to house a couple of new pets... Oh what's that, a random event... !?!!?!?*

I try (really hard) not to feel this way, but I do.

Like, I know it must be really fun for them, and the reason why they play neopets, and I totally back that...

But I just can't imagine taking it away from people.

Like, for example, games which I have a gold trophy for - I don't play for anything over the 1,000 for now.

Because I like to think that that gives other people a chance to participate, and that's awesome, so I can't understand why people still kad.

(I'm sorry over feeders, it's not like I think you're bad people, and you're normally really nice and chatty and run the boards and run guides, which is really nice...)

Anyway, neopets taking away Random Contest is currently my most frustrating aspect.

I agree wholeheartedly about overfeeders. It's so frustrating. I can't see how it's fun because to me it's frustrating. Please let us have a chance overfeeders, pretty please. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhh, boy! I've got a few:

- Knowing I'll never be able to have all the avatars. For me, this is very very frustrating, so I just prefer not to go out of my way to even get them. If I happen to get one... yay! But, I will not go out of my way.

- Altador Cup - I can't get past the part where you have to keep refreshing to get the bandages from the gelatinous non-cube... I've been stuck here for years!! (so if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it ;) )

EDIT: OMG, I literally just wrote this, and decided to try and get the bandages AGAIN... got it at :29 seconds. FINALLY!!!!! It's been forever!! .. hopefully I can heal this petpet now....

- Seeing people with accounts that are like 2 weeks old selling items that are worth a ton of NP... I will not buy from them.

- Hearing how a lot of people get great items from the dailies, and I only seem to get junk items :sad02:

- Not being able to win one darn game of Sakhmet Solitaire... not one!!

- I collect Plushies, and have a pretty good collection stored in my SDB right now. The prices of some of the plushies that I really want are very frustrating to me. Ridiculously ridiculous!

These are my top frustrations!

Getting the score BELOW the bronze trophy... or even worse, getting on the end of the bronze trophy and being knocked off... GRR.....

How else am I supposed to get more bronze trophies?!

Something that I thought of the other day.

Modern Neopet events are just so boring. I can't be the only one who misses the epicness of the weeks long plots of old, like the Lost Desert plot or the Tale of Woe plot. But since events like the Altador Cup, Games Master Challenge, and Daily Dare are now annual events, I can't see TNT ever again taking the time to plan out another of these epic plots. Just look at how bland the recent Obelisk "plot" was, compared to the plots of old.

At least with the plots, we got something new to look forward to. With the aforementioned events, it's the same thing every year, just with different sets of games to play in the case of GMC and DD.

• 2 weeks later...

2) I'm also notoriously bad at games, so even though I enjoy them, I can never seem to crank out the amount of money that other people do! I've been playing for 12.5 years and have barely hit 1M (granted my younger days were filled with quite a bit of indiscriminate spending on useless items... ).

3) Everyone else just seems to get way luckier than me with things like random events or snowager prizes. I probably sound pretty whiny and entitled, but it does get disheartening when everyone else gets cool, rare items and you're left with a slimy apple, a koi keyring, and a necklace of the deep :(

(definitely the random score sending glitches, etc. too. sometimes it even tells me I've already done fruit machine or tombola when I haven't logged on all day... huh?)

This. I'm really, really bad at games... and to earn let's say 15000np I'd have to spend the whole afternoon on it (you can only play 3 times the same game and you earn very few np). I tried my luck in the Stock Market but I only got 2 stocks over 30 in months. Restocking is so time consuming and you need to be really quick. On the other hand, most paintbrushes, petpetpets, nice weareables are SO expensive... you blow your hard-earned nps (and lifetime) in a second... just to paint 1 pet. This makes a game feel like a job, a duty rather than something pleasurable/fun. I love Neopets but it's so "slow" and, as I said, too time consuming.

The fact that Neocash is getting in every single plot/event. Like the festival of neggs; I have all those eggs in my gallery because I can't do anything with them! In GMC there was a special section for NC stuff. With the colour changing of NC event they gave out a free potion, but I can't use it because I will need a certain NC item first! And now even in the advent calendar! You get treasure chests that need a special key, which, ofcourse, can be bought with NC only.

Please, stop! I do not want to buy NC. I can't even buy Neocash because it's not sold in my country and I don't have a credit card. Don't force people to buy Neocash to get the best stuff!

Right now (and for the past 2 months)??

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!

(done in my very best Captain James T Kirk voice)

The lagarific laggy lagishnish of the constant lagtacular lagarama ever since the server transfer is driving me bonkers.

I really do fear that it is the 'new normal'. I mean, it has been over 2 months since the transfer...how long does it take to address it? 3 months? 6 months? How long will old users' loyalty keep them around....and how on earth do they expect to draw NEW users with something akin to dial-up speed?

I hope it gets fixed SOON (but I'm certainly not holding my breath)

/grumble mumble

:P

• 3 weeks later...

For me, I have quite a few:

1) Kad Feeding is the main. I can't even feed one lousy kad.. not one!

2) I wish there was a way to get the retired avatars.

3) I wish all the items for the stamp album pages that you get avatars for, weren't unbuyable

4) The pets that are on the book reading list.. come on.. they have been on there for years.. can't that high school table be reset too? and it would be most books read that month or something more attainable?

5) I lost all access to my very first account. It's been over 6 years since I had access to it.. How does neopets expect me to be able to remember what was in my SDB or how much money I had? Can't I just provide the email I used for it? .. that would be a no.. so there goes the 13 year old account..

6) I will never get the beauty contest avatar because I CANNOT DRAW.. they should make another way for others like me to be able to attain the avatar. We all aren't artists out there.

7) oh, and those random avatars.. ugh kill me now!

8) Why doesn't Turmaculous ever want to eat my petpet?

9) can they fix the battledome?

10) those games where you have to get on the top 50 high score table just to get the avatar.. ugh

11) I also agree about NC being involved in everything..I hate it

--i think that is it... lol

I have a few and agree with most of you, but the most frustrating thing for me ever is the lack of communication of TNT. They ignore comments on facebook, they don't reply tickets, it's like they don't care about the users! It's SO EASY to at least pretend you care about your users, especially on facebook! It makes people happy to spend money on their site.

For example, why didn't they give a reason for the end of the Random Contest?

• 2 weeks later...

The lag...the lag!

It really drive me nuts! I'm sure I'm not alone here on this.

Also, some of the games I play, the score won't go through...so irritating! :grrr:

Ooooh,

Random event avatars: I have pulled that blasted lever SO many times...

Lag.

Lack of cool ongoing plots since I've been back (over a year, nothing major has occurred beyond The Coincidence and Charity Corner).

Lag.

Prices of items for faerie quests and stamp collections!

People not responding to trade requests!!

I agree with the random things being frustrating, but that is in their nature :p What's more frustrating to me is when I'm playing Usuki Frenzy and I can't get the Usuki doll bonus because the doll is on the dining table and there's no way to get it. :angry:

I agree with Usuki Frenzy. It is one of my favorite games, so I don't mind restarting, but when I get to level three and have all but one or two items and then can't reach the Usuki doll :shiftyeyes_anim: . Even worse when it's a few times in a row.

Right now my biggest annoyance is the fact that I can't change my active pet. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer and was about to post a topic here, only to see that others are having the same issue. I switched my pet for underwater fishing the first time with no problems. But, now I can't load another pet to fish, and I can't switch back to my battle pet to heal him. If I had known this would happen, I would never have opened underwater fishing. :sad01_anim:

When you've got a really high score on a game, but when you send your score...

ERROR.

And then all your effort in reaching that high score goes poof. Gosh, you would think that they've thought of placing a "Retry Sending" button so the effort won't be wasted. =n=

I guess a lack of real clarity regarding what kind of entries are allowed into the BC. So far I've seen really great entries taken out of the BC because of... Well, they don't actually say what the reason was. Maybe the person's entry was "Neopet-like" enough (e.g. more human than pet) or they may accidentally have advertised on a non-Art board (which is an easy mistake because some people have the BC entry in their signature).

:(

Two things:

1) Random avatars that have eluded me for years

2) Lack of plots!!!

Seriously, I feel that I'm a fairly patient person... even all the lag hasn't really bothered me much... but it's been so LONG since we've had an actual plot :(