what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

I think that the thing that most frequently frustrates me with Neopets is their wacky filter. It would be MUCH less frustrating if they would at least let you know WHICH word was being dinged.

I'm also bummed by the number of rare/valuable/limited items that are left rotting on accounts that haven't been visited in years (or ones that have been purged completely from the site). It makes it that much harder for collectors (like me) to acquire items because there are so few that show up in trades/auctions. Then, when they DO show up, they cost tens of millions of nps and if you don't have that on hand you may have to wait years before you see the item for sale again.

Ah well.

:P

I agree with the rotting item comment...the same with good names for different pets. I wanted to name a skeith after my favorite NCIS actor, but no go--he's an acara on a rotten account. And I know it's rotten not just because it says "a long, long time"; but it was clearly created back before Lindsay Lohan went off the deep end...after she (the user) watched Freaky Friday, by the looks--the account has Lindsay, Mark Harmon, Jamie Lee Curtis and a name I assume belongs to the actor that played Lindsay's boyfriend.

The most frustrating thing are the broken games that haven't been fixed or difficult to load (IoM, DoN, HatPC/Gourmet Bowls). Instead of fixing those broken games and glitches in KQ, there is some new NC item or Neopian shop item...

Oh and why are there so many flash game avatars?!

"Trying to send a score... only to find that there's a problem with the servers or something."

-I got an error message about the server when I had a Gold trophy score. I was so annoyed that the servers were down but I got a neomail that my score was accepted the next day.

Guest Sabs

The most frustrating part is trying to get a neomail to go through, and the filter keeps giving you the Inappropriate message error. x.x Then you have to reanalyze everything you wrote to make sure nothing was taken out of context.

Guest Sabs

The amount of people who get iced for no good reason. The EXTREME rules they have that can get you frozen in a half of a second.

I agree with this! I've known a couple of people to get iced for no reason, while there are a bunch of people that are doing shady things on Neopets and getting away with it. :/

THE FILTER, oh my Fyora, the filter. I wouldn't mind nearly so much if they would just set out EXACTLY everything they're going to not allow. Their guidelines are extremely ambigious.

Evil Fuzzles from Beyond the Stars. The 'restart game' and 'send score' buttons need a buffer after the game ends. If I'm frantically clicking at fuzzles, it's super easy to click either of them before I realize the game has ended, and then I either lose a great score or send a not so good score. :thumbsdown: :grrr:

Missing the good old days and wishing I could have experienced the very first formats of neopets. Neopets should have a history day so we can relive the wau the site used to be. LOL now I feel so old.

and wanting a UC pet and struggling to get one.

and sucking a coding... I need to work on that

I hate the free spin on the Wheel of Knowledge. Today I got it twice, and before I've gotten it seven times in a row. After the first spin or two I find myself thinking, "Just land on the question mark already, I know you're going to anyway!"

THE FILTER, oh my Fyora, the filter. I wouldn't mind nearly so much if they would just set out EXACTLY everything they're going to not allow. Their guidelines are extremely ambigious.

I think it's pretty understandable why TNT doesn't just provide a list of filtered words. The filters are in place to keep users from talking about inappropriate subjects, mainly to protect its younger users. Providing a list would sort of be like saying, "Hey, this is what you have to work around. Go nuts!"

A lot of the older games have really terrible hit boxes. They're either too small like in TNT Staff smasher, or too large in Darigan Dodgeball.

It makes getting avies for a lot of the speed clicking games almost impossible for me.

I also hate restocking, really? Things sell out in less than 1 second.

I hate that there's such a thing as unobtainable avatars, which makes it very discouraging to people who haven't been there since Day One or can't be on NeoPets 24/7/365 or can't button-mash as fast as a twelve-year-old on some of the stupidly difficult Flash-based games.

I'm also not crazy about the sheer greed of a lot of the Neopian sellers who mark things up to astronomical heights. I honestly believe that there should be a cap on how much an item can go for. After all, each item has a "estimated value" in its write-up, so why can't there be a 'maximum' value as well? The estimate really means absolutely nothing.

Right now, my biggest complaint is the new daily. The Coincidence is terrible. I've totally given up on it. Either the items that it requests are in the category of "so expensive you can only afford it if you're a Neopian gazillionaire" or the result of spending your hard-earned NP nets you a big fat zero. Out of the 32 times I've played it, I've gotten negative results 7 times (lost points of defense, HP, attack, etc.), got a "rebate at the bank of 457 NP" once, and had absolutely nothing happen at all 24 times. I've spent approximately 31,000 NP so far. I could have been saving for a lab map piece with all that. No more. I'm so done.

hahaha yes filters all the way. I totally understand their purpose...but I think there could be a bit of tweeking.

for goodness sakes when I tell someone they "have great coding skills!" I'm not sending a secret message that I want to kill anyone..

I see a lot of bullying that goes on as well. It's surprising how rude some people could see especially on the neoboards regarding latest plots/events as well as resellers (not saying all resellers are bullies 0:) I've met some very kind resellers).

most things that frustrate me I just don't participate in *cough* kad feeding

I see a lot of bullying that goes on as well. It's surprising how rude some people could see especially on the neoboards regarding latest plots/events as well as resellers (not saying all resellers are bullies 0:) I've met some very kind resellers).

I remember being so discouraged as a younger player because of people who were downright cruel on the boards when you were seeking help. woof. Granted this was many years ago and my skin has thickened a good deal since then, but aside from using the quest board I still steer clear. I keep all my chatting to TDN. :wub_anim:

I remember being so discouraged as a younger player because of people who were downright cruel on the boards when you were seeking help. woof. Granted this was many years ago and my skin has thickened a good deal since then, but aside from using the quest board I still steer clear. I keep all my chatting to TDN. :wub_anim:

Ugh, yes. Some people on the boards. So foul-mouthed and rude and snarly for no reason at all. I've asked if anyone had two Stagnant Puddles of Water they would be willing to give me, and someone essentially told me to go buy them myself (they were 38k at the time).

So I just stay away from the boards 0:)

Ugh, yes. Some people on the boards. So foul-mouthed and rude and snarly for no reason at all. I've asked if anyone had two Stagnant Puddles of Water they would be willing to give me, and someone essentially told me to go buy them myself (they were 38k at the time).

Yes, exactly! Been there and done that. I was bullied off the Battledome forum years ago and really don't go anywhere near the boards anymore except in the rare instances where I have a Faerie Quest that I don't want to cancel. The people on the boards can be brutal. I wish I had a thick skin, but I never developed one at all. That's why I'm so glad I found TDN. Everyone is so wonderful here. :laughingsmiley:

Yeah, some people on the boards are just beyond rude for no reason. Of course, I've been on the other side of that situation, where someone joined a guild I was in and his very first post on the board was "Will anyone give me a draik egg? Tired of dealing with people on the boards." I don't usually have a problem with people asking for things, especially items given out as dailies or whatever, but draiks eggs are very expensive. He left the guild shortly after we all politely told him no. :rolleyes_anim: Still, someone asking for dailies is no reason to get hostile.

I remember back during the coincidence "event" I was lurking on the boards. Someone wanted help with a puzzle. So I tried to help as best as I could and mentioned that I used a guide to help me but without it I think it would have taken a while. (This is one of the last puzzles). And some random person commented telling me I was dumb thinking the puzzle is difficult without a guide.

like really :laughingsmiley: you took your time to go one someone's "help" board to throw around insults..

My friend got a random message two days ago from a random person saying her pets were ugly and had awful customizations. My friend probably has some of the best customizations I've ever seen...sooo I don't really understand what his "beef" was.

Just. oh my gosh. internet bullies. drive me crazy. :S It's only getting worse, not to mention social media has expanded to a much younger audience.

although everyone here at TDNF...wonderful people 0:)

oh! and I have also had people DEMAND items. I was told this person needed codestones and paintbrushes because their account was hacked and stolen. I recommended dailies and games for them to play and they told me they "couldn't do that" the only way to get their fortune back was for me to give them things. HAH made me laugh :laughingsmiley:

I hate that there's such a thing as unobtainable avatars, which makes it very discouraging to people who haven't been there since Day One or can't be on NeoPets 24/7/365 or can't button-mash as fast as a twelve-year-old on some of the stupidly difficult Flash-based games.

I'm also not crazy about the sheer greed of a lot of the Neopian sellers who mark things up to astronomical heights. I honestly believe that there should be a cap on how much an item can go for. After all, each item has a "estimated value" in its write-up, so why can't there be a 'maximum' value as well? The estimate really means absolutely nothing.

Right now, my biggest complaint is the new daily. The Coincidence is terrible. I've totally given up on it. Either the items that it requests are in the category of "so expensive you can only afford it if you're a Neopian gazillionaire" or the result of spending your hard-earned NP nets you a big fat zero. Out of the 32 times I've played it, I've gotten negative results 7 times (lost points of defense, HP, attack, etc.), got a "rebate at the bank of 457 NP" once, and had absolutely nothing happen at all 24 times. I've spent approximately 31,000 NP so far. I could have been saving for a lab map piece with all that. No more. I'm so done.

Okay, this is a long response, but bear with me here lol, I'd really like to hear your response to this-

As well as being concerned with the people you're talking about whom price their items at such high values, do you have any feelings on how low prices go? I remember when I used to play a long time ago a rainborific slushie was worth like thousands.... Now just to sell it you have to go down to like 80 or less. There are just so many items that they keep producing/releasing that it's a sort of deflation as opposed to the inflation that happens in the real world lol. For me it is really astonishing when I see something I know I can get for 1 NP all the way up to like 800,000NP... sometimes even more. I guess I always assumed those people weren't being greedy but actually had acquired their item so long ago that it used to be worth that, or maybe even that they set the original price? And now that there are premium accounts you can go onto the shop wizard and literally see the lowest priced version of that item with one search. I'm not sure that is a good thing. For one thing, not everyone can afford it. Many loyal players such as myself have been coming back to Neoopets at any point in our lives where we can find the time. My account may not say 10 years old, but off and on as often as I can, I've been playing for at LEAST 10 years, although I'm pretty sure it's 13 years. Unfortunately because of gaps in the times I was able to play, I have lost 2 or 3 really successful accounts.... Now some people are like me, in college and our parents aren't going to buy us a premium account. I know that as a student having problems finding a job I can't afford it. I'm pretty certain that even with a job I wouldn't be able to feasibly afford it despite the fact that it's not super expensive. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with anyone who has a premium account. And I know Neopets has to make some money. But is it really in the best interest of the Neopian market to let this deflation of these items they just keep producing hurt players to the point that they just don't even want to bother to own a big shop because: 1: They're having to spend a lot of time searching and researching the shop wizard for the same item just to make sure they won't have to go back and search more just to find out that they priced it just a few NP too high or it's not going to be bought, and 2. If their item isn't bought within a relatively quick amount of time, they'll have to do exactly that anyway because the premium members can go look at shop wizard once and put in a lower amount of NP which causes the item to just continue to lose value?

I don't know, I used to have Premium, and I would say that without SSW, premium wouldn't really be worth it. Plus, if you sell the same item enough times, you get a good idea of how much it's worth anyway - there are a lot of items I regularly sell that I do only a cursory check and refresh on the shop wizard to make sure it hasn't deflated horribly. SSW does make restocking much easier, but for people like me who generally sell what they happen to get their hands on, the normal shop wizard really doesn't take that much longer.

Being a premium user, not being able to use the charter boards. Not that I think I would even, but it literally says:

premiumcharter.png » Charter: Main
A board for longtime Premium Members. If you can see this board, that's you! You're a longtime Premium member! *high five*

And then I try to post in it and this is the message I receive:

red_oops.gif
Error: This board is for Charter Premium Members.

WELL THEN WHAT AM I NEOPETS?!

Spinning the wheel of monotony to find that the flash has crashed! (although that's more my problem)

I do find it really frustrating that there isn't more ways to level up the HP. You spend so much on codestones and wait ages for the training to only lvl up 1 HP! I'm still stuck on doing easy battles in the dome because I only have 27 HPs!

Spinning the wheel of monotony to find that the flash has crashed! (although that's more my problem)

yesssss!! haha

I no longer spin that wheel..I have the avatar and that's enough for me

or just games crashing in general when you have a high score...or have worked endlessly to get the avatar XP that's more frustration with my computer though.. haha