what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

I love playing the games, but will NEVER get an avie for the games I play, well, because I STINK at them!

Hahahahaha!

You think after almost 9 years I'd be good. NOPE!

I do enjoy playing them. I am totally baffled when I look up someone's profile and they have a TON of trophies from most of the games. I'm jealous!

I spun the Wheel of Misfortune today, and finally landed on the pile of sludge........and didn't get the avatar. The weird thing was that it said "You do not have any items to change"....and I had 15 items in my inventory. Does anyone know if this avatar is random, or is it supposed to give you the avatar? When I look at the solutions, it doesn't say that it's randomly awarded.

This happened to me yesterday as well. I thought it might be because I had over 50 items in my inventory but I guess not. So frustrating.

This happened to me yesterday as well. I thought it might be because I had over 50 items in my inventory but I guess not. So frustrating.

If that happens, they should just let you spin the wheel again.

Were any of your items trading or auctioned?

Like it "tried" to turn it to sludge, but wasn't able to?

I don't think I've ever landed on the right section of the wheel excitement... Which is pretty horrid, because I know it's random when it does land on it.

No they were just regular items, never traded or auctioned. It was very frustrating since I have literally never landed on it in the year I've been trying lol. I wasn't sure if it was just a glitch, or if it's supposed to be random... Or if it only works if it randomly changes an item into a pile of sludge, which may not happen every time? I dunno.

No they were just regular items, never traded or auctioned. It was very frustrating since I have literally never landed on it in the year I've been trying lol. I wasn't sure if it was just a glitch, or if it's supposed to be random... Or if it only works if it randomly changes an item into a pile of sludge, which may not happen every time? I dunno.

Weirdness today: Noticed my avatar count was higher..... And BAM! Wheel of Misfortune avatar suddenly in my collection? Huh? A delay? Oh well, can't complain now.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The fact that the featured game for today (destuct-o-match) is both one of my favourites and one that isn't letting me submit a score due to the transition. :sad01_anim:

I was able to submit a score today in that game, so I don't think it's one of the games affected by the transition. Sometimes scores just have trouble sending - I would give it another try later and see if that works.

Thanks, but I still can't send a score. So frustrating not knowing which games will work and which won't.

Apparently it's games that you've played and sent scores for recently - it forgets that it has to reset the scores, so it gets stuck. I'm not too sure though.

Thanks, but I still can't send a score. So frustrating not knowing which games will work and which won't.

Weird, I was able to submit another score in Destruct-O-Match just a bit ago. There have been a lot of glitches, so it's probably on Neopets end. I'm sorry that the game is giving you so much trouble. Are you getting a message about "Max scores sent"?

EDIT AGAIN because I'm a slow typist:

Apparently it's games that you've played and sent scores for recently - it forgets that it has to reset the scores, so it gets stuck. I'm not too sure though.

It isn't doing that for all the games (I've been sending 3 scores for Word Poker every day), but something like that is definitely causing problems with some of them. I just ran into this same issue with Kiko Match, which I haven't played for at least a couple days.

Yes, I'm getting the max scores sent message. I'm getting that message for games I haven't played since before the transition, too. Some games I have played since will let me submit a score the next day, and others won't. I wonder why it seems to be different games for each person? :evo:

New peeve: The same people feeding Kads over and over and over again. I keep missing by seconds.... TO THE SAME PEOPLE! You've fed 17,000 Kads, let someone else get it! I just want the Avvie, then you can get to 18,000!

Ok, rant over. This is 6 days in a row I've been trying for countless hours. Sigh.

DAR-BLAT! I'm trying to get the top gamer avatar. I only have seven more games to go. Some of them are glitched, so I can't skip any more. I literally can't score a single point no matter what. One time, the penguin didn't even show up! :shiftyeyes_anim:

Have you tried mirror games? They helped me a lot when I was going for that avatar.

The filters are frustrating to me. I have written so many neomails that I've had to spent forever trying to find what word had set it off, and it's always something innocent. It would be nice if they could tell you which word they consider unacceptable.

Any word containing certain inappropriate words, e.g cucumber, basement, grape, skill, cracker, is automatically blocked. I think the filters are in severe need of an update. :S

Any word containing certain inappropriate words, e.g cucumber, basement, grape, skill, cracker, is automatically blocked. I think the filters are in severe need of an update. :S

From what I understand, the Neomail filters and board filters used to be two separate things.

But since the server change, the boards now use the Neomail filters. Which makes it incredibly annoying.

I haven't heard of "mirror games" - What are they and where can they be found?

I believe this guide explains it pretty well (same games as Neopets but hosted elsewhere). The links are under the Game Ratios section. Just make sure you don't send scores from the normal game and the mirror version in the same day.

The most frustrating part of Neopets for me right now is waiting for enemies to drop specific items in Neoquest. I've already gained an entire level trying to get the Inferno Robe and I still don't have it. I just want the robe so I can fight the Life Guardian, come on!

Wow, that is a good guide, explaining mirror games. :yes:

To me the most frustrating part is that it is my b-day today, and i can't receive any gifts because the market is flooded with possible 'dupes'. :thumbsdown:

the fact that I'm still trying to get avatars is frustrating. not because of the process (though I hate the random avatars), but because I can't believe I'm still addicted to this! :P Oh well...

the only thing that's *actually* frustrating me currently from an in-game perspective is the score submissions. I thought I had a trophy last month, and then it got delayed by the bot-checker. :(

@ slaveclown - Thanks for the mirror guide!

Collecting junk for the rubbish avatar is by far the most tedious thing I have done, other than perhaps puchbag bob. :tired: I am never doing that again, and I will be so glad when I finally get the avatar.

@ Orangebright or anyone else needing this avi - If you message me when you're online, I have a ton of junk I can set 1 NP trades up to help you out. I keep the junk for guild-mates that need it, but no one currently needs it.

Most frustrating thing right now, is that I can't sell anything of high expense because everyone is worried (rightfully) about all the scam dups :(