Key Quest

Anime

Just a question, though I've played KQ from time to time with friends, is it bad to hoard NP together with them? Because me and my friend played KQ and we took our sweet time to get as many NP as possible,....is that bad?

Just a question, though I've played KQ from time to time with friends, is it bad to hoard NP together with them? Because me and my friend played KQ and we took our sweet time to get as many NP as possible,....is that bad?

As long as you're not predetermining wins, it's fine to do 5k games as much as you'd like. So you can't get together and be like 'hey, this time I'll win, and next time you can win!' The winner has to be the winner. Does that make sense? But yes you can np hoard!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any ideas for someone who has never played before, has no idea of how to play it, but would really like to try it at least once? I am a quick learner, but need a little extra time to read everything until I'm familiar with it all. I guess I'm looking for someone who will walk a total noob through a game. I've read through the basics and stuff. I just need to find a friendly game to join. I would greatly prefer no minigames. My computer's not high speed.

Unless my Internet gives out or there's a power outage, I will not quit a game. I don't have a problem with losing. Actually, I fully expect to. I just want to try it.

I'm frequently on NeoPets around 1 AM NST/PST every morning. This weekend is a rare exception. I expect to be back by Tuesday.

Thanks. ^_^

Looking for a KQ buddy to play with regularly ^^ please NM me if you're interested!

I just reported a user who cheated on games with me several times. I recognized their name, so went to sent them a message asking why they kept quitting when I was about to win, and saw that they blocked me from sending messages. Since I rather take that as them knowing I would ask them why again, I saw fit only to report them. I hope they learn that cheating is just NOT okay. It takes all the fun out of KeyQuest.

I just reported a user who cheated on games with me several times. I recognized their name, so went to sent them a message asking why they kept quitting when I was about to win, and saw that they blocked me from sending messages. Since I rather take that as them knowing I would ask them why again, I saw fit only to report them. I hope they learn that cheating is just NOT okay. It takes all the fun out of KeyQuest.

Some people just block all neomails. You're actually really lucky you couldn't contact them, though, because that could be considered harassment, and you would have been the one in trouble. It's really best to just report them and let TNT decide if there's enough evidence of cheating.

@Siniri, thanks for the tip. I just like to give people a chance to explain themselves, you know? I don't want to just jump in and accuse somebody of purposefully cheating. I've had it happen one time that this person DID NOT know that it wasn't allowed. Those players exist too. Maybe I'm too fair, but I like to give people a chance. I don't like reporting people.

• 3 weeks later...

Most people that quit on me or go AFK to avoid a GLB/Pant Devil hex have very few keys. I've known a few people who thought that the remaining player(s) would win a key or be able to continue playing the game. I do message people if I get kicked out of a game or my browser disconnected.

Any tips on Flower Frenzy? I usually get 1400, I think that's a pattern of 7 flowers. Is there any way to get a higher score or am I limited by my processor/ram?

^^I've made it to 8 before, but I usually end up around 1400-1450 too. I play on a laptop so I find that if I try to go faster using my trackpad I end up messing up. It's rare that I don't win with that score though so no big deal I suppose.

Most people that quit on me or go AFK to avoid a GLB/Pant Devil hex have very few keys. I've known a few people who thought that the remaining player(s) would win a key or be able to continue playing the game. I do message people if I get kicked out of a game or my browser disconnected.

Any tips on Flower Frenzy? I usually get 1400, I think that's a pattern of 7 flowers. Is there any way to get a higher score or am I limited by my processor/ram?

Key Quest is really glitchy, Flower Frenzy in particular. It's not just you - my friend and I have always both scored 1400, regardless of our clicking speed/missed flowers, and she usually wins the minigame (the Key Quest gods seem to favour her). :/ It's quite irritating. I don't really play Key Quest that much because of how buggy it is.

Still seeking someone to play with on the regular - preferably someone in my time zone or similar (GMT) ^^

I just was temporarily frozen for "cheating" and I didn't cheat at KQ. I'm very tired of this, and it's the second time I've been wrongfully suspended. I report obvious cheaters as much as the next person, but I never have cheated at it, and it's frustrating and unlikely I will continue playing now.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any one who wants to play a quick game with me that we just get neopoints? for just like 30 minutes?

edit: nevermind. i don't have enough time.

I love keyquest but I have to warn you guys ahead of time my browser gets a little glitchy sometimes. I use Puffin on my ipad... but I never quit games! I am normally available from 1:30-3:30 NST

Neomail me!!

I just was temporarily frozen for "cheating" and I didn't cheat at KQ. I'm very tired of this, and it's the second time I've been wrongfully suspended. I report obvious cheaters as much as the next person, but I never have cheated at it, and it's frustrating and unlikely I will continue playing now.

Thats why its better to let potential cheater slide unless you are entirely sure they have been cheating. Browsers and internet isn't always available stuff happens.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I love playing KQ so I'd love to play with you guys, I'll send some friend requests :) I suck at some mini games and recently some are glitchy for me :( But I'm not a sore looser :) I'm extremely annoyed though when somebody I play with is so arrogant - what's the use to be a tile away from the finish and the other player is missing two keys and you still use the 'change colour' card to change the colour of their keys? This game should be good fun... So I'd love to play with people who share my point of view - games for fun, NP and some items ;) and you can add me or neomail me if you like. I'm in GMT+2 time zone and usually available from early afternoon to late evenings :)

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing the trend of "KQ has glitches!" posts, Coco and I are having a problem.

We're trying to play a one-on-one KQ game. I've created a game for two players, invited only her (she is a Neofriend), and waited. She got a request, but one that said I requested to add her as a Neofriend. Whut?

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, have you managed to get around it and how did you fix it?

I've had this issue before. Whenever my friend invited me, it would say that she requested me to become a neofriend. I'm not sure how to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

-randomly poofs in-

I also get Neofriends requests but I just talk to my friend on skype and he tells me when he created it. I do get the invitation on keyquest though and that's where I accept, but there have been times that I click accept and it kicks me out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a case of the Key Quest warm & fuzzies! I just got a neomail from the user I had just finished a game of KQ with thanking me for such a fun game. I feel like this never happens. It made me smile.

When I have a particularly great game I definitely neomail people - or if I think they have a cool username.

Anyone want to play, like, at any point tonight? My painkillers made me fall asleep all afternoon and now I can't sleep.

It seems like whoever has the faster internet connection wins. I also feel like the silver key prizes aren't very good, I mean if you're playing with 4 people and you get 2nd, you shouldn't get stamps and books so often. I understand they want a balanced economy but it just irritates me. >.<

I just played Key Quest with someone random, and I was like, let's check out their user lookup, and she had 100 unique Key Quest tokens!

Like whoah, is that even possible. I want a token too, lol. But those plushies are not available in the Netherlands and I won't buy any NC meh. Will they ever have events again where you can win tokens. I really hope so.