Key Quest

Anime

When I saw this I started hyperventilating, seriously, I was so happy!

Flippin' Secret Lab Map piece, and one of the unbuyables too!

Congrats Duski! That is way awesome. Totally makes me wish I could play KQ on this ancient computer. D:

Congrats Duski! That is way awesome. Totally makes me wish I could play KQ on this ancient computer. D:

Aww that sucks :( (the computer, not me getting a map piece :P) What operating system does it have?

Aww that sucks :( (the computer, not me getting a map piece :P) What operating system does it have?

It's a very old PC. Dell windows vista. Vista is crap. Luckily I'm getting a new computer very soon! :) So then I can get back to playing KQ and Habi!

It's a very old PC. Dell windows vista. Vista is crap. Luckily I'm getting a new computer very soon! :) So then I can get back to playing KQ and Habi!

Yay then! ^_^ Also, you could use the old PC for storage, if it has enough GB on its harddrive. (computer terms (: )

Whoops, sorry. :offtopic:Whenever I use a gold key I almost always get stupid grundo furniture and 1 NP junk. I'll probably fall off my couch if (big if there) I get a paintbrush.

P.S I already have access to the lab map, so you guys can have my map piece. (Not gonna give it away for 1 NP though!)

Ahh, I'm jealous! I've been unlocking gold keys in hope of that piece. It's the last one I need to be able to have the lab map on a side account. I just don't want to spend all the NPs on it on the TP, so I've been testing my KQ luck for a couple months. :P

Could I get a rule clarification?

I'm sure I've read somewhere that splitting a 'super' power up by skipping a turn is against the rules. I had a Super Key Grabber but only needed one key, so I took one key from a player and noticed a little 'x' in the box for the second key selection. I clicked that instead of taking an extra key (just being nice :P ) and my power up disappeared. Next turn a normal Key Grabber re-appeared in my power ups (I failed to notice right away and another player subsequently grabbed it from me, lol).

But if that little 'x' is there, surely splitting a power up can't be cheating?! :O

Could I get a rule clarification?

I'm sure I've read somewhere that splitting a 'super' power up by skipping a turn is against the rules. I had a Super Key Grabber but only needed one key, so I took one key from a player and noticed a little 'x' in the box for the second key selection. I clicked that instead of taking an extra key (just being nice :P ) and my power up disappeared. Next turn a normal Key Grabber re-appeared in my power ups (I failed to notice right away and another player subsequently grabbed it from me, lol).

But if that little 'x' is there, surely splitting a power up can't be cheating?! :O

I'm not 100% sure, but I can't imagine it would be considered cheating. I don't think that TNT would put the 'x' option there to lure us into cheating. :P The 'x' is also there for the Bree random event that offers you the chance to change the color of a key, and nine times out of ten I click the x so I don't have to change a key (as does the other player usually) and I haven't had a problem with cheating. I've been playing KQ for a long time, so I think something would have been said to me by now. ;) You should be fine!

Am I the only person that has gotten better prizes with silver keys than gold keys?

Just the other day, I got a prize from a silver key of a codestone, lime swirly negg (which sell for quite a bit) and something else random.

When I had gotten a gold key, all I got was the cheap books and grundo furniture.

Is it all luck or is there really supposed to be a significant difference between prizes for each key?

Am I the only person that has gotten better prizes with silver keys than gold keys?

Just the other day, I got a prize from a silver key of a codestone, lime swirly negg (which sell for quite a bit) and something else random.

When I had gotten a gold key, all I got was the cheap books and grundo furniture.

Is it all luck or is there really supposed to be a significant difference between prizes for each key?

Sometimes I'll get a codestone or negg from silver but all junk from gold keys too. It's all luck, though. Gold keys give out secret lab map pieces, red codestones, and some paintbrushes, most of which are more expensive than the prizes from silver keys - but evidently much rarer to get!

I recently started playing KQ. My last computer made it impossible to play, and I got a new one so I thought I'd try it out. I'm pretty addicted, needless to say. But as others have said, my silver keys bring me bigger profits. I have gotten paint brushes as well as treasure map pieces, but was not aware lab map pieces could be won from gold keys. I'm assuming this is pretty rare?

I've actually received quite a number of lab map pieces from gold keys (however not once the first piece of the map, which is the one I've really needed since the beginning hahaha). But I also normally unlock ten gold keys per day on neo, so it may just feel more often to me than it really is. :P

Since I'm still fairly new at KQ, I tend to get more silver than gold. But lately I've been unlocking about 7 gold a day, I try not to open my silvers unless I am running out of time to play. I am looking forward to winning a lab map piece. It would help my goal tremendously!! :P

ive been playing for a real long time and since i saw some newbies on the game on this forum heres some tips:

- always play a 2 players game,dont risk playing a 3 or 4 players game and then ending up with a brass key or even a plastic key

- if you win a silver or brass or plastic key dont use it cause most times your prize is going to be books,seashells and other stuff worth like 1 np

- all maps have their advantages but ive always played on two maps:haunted woods and candy 1 or 2(they are the same),these maps are the best in my opinion cause for example:in candy 1 if you play a 2 players game you can start in a great spot even if you dont win at the dice!!because this map has not just one great spot to begin but three and a hint:dont ever start in candy 1 at the faerie land,its the worst spot ever(in this map)

there are other hints i can give,just neomail me

and you can trust me cause i have already winned more than 150 gold keys and 40 silver keys and ive never won a single brass or plastic key and ive already played 3 and 4 person games,its not a great quantity of keys but some people may not believe,just check my profile

tks and if my english is bad thats because im not from a country where the language spoken is english,i rather dont tell my country name

• 2 weeks later...

I like playing key quest with my neofriends. We go around the board a few times to collect as many neopoints as we can, then take turns to win.

Yesterday I won a paintbrush, it was only a cloud one, but I was pretty stoked nonetheless!

I rarely play KQ with random people, just because most people will quit right at the start when I choose the starting home that they want, or if I get close to winning they just leave the game. So its a ton more fun for me to play with nfs and just taking turns :)

I started playing again yesterday, and thankfully, no quitters! Though I noticed that minigames are a tad slow on my laptop.

Received some awful prizes though. Best one I got was an Eo Codestone.

If anyone on tdn wants to play a game at some point, just neomail me and I'll make sure I'm online as I'm in the UK :) (I don't quit btw..)

I'll also be happy to take turns on who wins gold.

I started playing again yesterday, and thankfully, no quitters! Though I noticed that minigames are a tad slow on my laptop.

Received some awful prizes though. Best one I got was an Eo Codestone.

If anyone on tdn wants to play a game at some point, just neomail me and I'll make sure I'm online as I'm in the UK :) (I don't quit btw..)

I'll also be happy to take turns on who wins gold.

I would be keen to do this as well! Is it alright if I neofriend you?

This forum should start a gaming clan.

Freaking yes!

I'll post a list of who's up for this, their Neo username and what times they are able to play. :D

TDNF username: Duskitty

Neo username: striped_xweetok_5

Times able to play: 3 PM-9 PM

Key Quest is my primary way of making NP. I usually play until I get 10 gold keys each day and then I sell my winnings. I end up stocking up on silver keys and using those on days I am unable to play.

But anyway, during one of my games today, we played the minigame with the fruit and baskets, and my opponent, who I guess might possibly be colorblind, starts putting fruit in my basket. If he had the right basket he would have won, as he was way faster than me and more accurate (well, technically not since he was missing his own basket). Cheered me right up after having just dealt with a few obnoxious quitters.