Key Quest

Anime

I've had pretty good luck recently. Rarely get a quitter, and I average at least 1 codestone plus neggs, map pieces, and an occasional paint brush. I also just played one of the most fun and craziest games of key quest. Those types that happen when both people have mortogs. He got the upper hand, then got paranoid and made a mistake. Then I got extremely lucky.

I find people playing KQ tend to be very mean to newbies.....i got booted several times from a game once just because my computer freaked out and caused the game to end by mistake..i tried to re-join with the same players but they told me to leave! i thought this was very rude, after all its just a game!!

I've been having incredibly bad luck last couple of days. I either have to play a dozen of games to win a gold key (and I'm not that bad) or I get junk... luckily, my dad decided to buy me a new laptop, so I'll finally be able to play all the mini-games normally :)

I won a starry paint brush & a snow paint brush from KQ yesterday :D

and i also won like 8 codestones & 6 neggs!!!! :D

I've won the most expensive piece of SLM and a paintbrush already, and I've only redeemed 12 golden keys!

:whaa: GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR GOOD LUCK RIGHT NOW

lol no but I do wish that I could even GET decent things from Key Quest... the best thing I've ever gotten from there was the most expensive SLM piece, which I sold for 575k.

And that was the most expensive thing I have ever gotten on Neo. EVER. <_<

It's very annoying to see everyone on /r/neopets (reddit) posting their good luck (Pirate Draik Eggs from the Forgotten Shore, Chocolate pets from the lab, landing on the NC spot on the Qasalan Expellibox, Wraith PBs from the Fruit Machine... while I'm just sitting here getting Gummy Pirate Candies, stat changes, Honey Filled Olives and Tchea Fruits. :thumbsdown: )

:whaa: GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR GOOD LUCK RIGHT NOW

lol no but I do wish that I could even GET decent things from Key Quest... the best thing I've ever gotten from there was the most expensive SLM piece, which I sold for 575k.

And that was the most expensive thing I have ever gotten on Neo. EVER. <_<

It's very annoying to see everyone on /r/neopets (reddit) posting their good luck (Pirate Draik Eggs from the Forgotten Shore, Chocolate pets from the lab, landing on the NC spot on the Qasalan Expellibox, Wraith PBs from the Fruit Machine... while I'm just sitting here getting Gummy Pirate Candies, stat changes, Honey Filled Olives and Tchea Fruits. :thumbsdown: )

I believe I only have this luck because I'm a newbie. On my old account I NEVER got anything this lucky. Well okay from KQ yes, but that was when I didn't reedem 700 keys...

I got NC from the Qasalan Expellibox once. Influenced me into getting more NC, so it worked out well for TNT. But yeah, I came here to say that today I got 3 paint brushes from my gold keys (in addition to 2 map pieces, 2 neggs, and a dozen or so codestones). So it was a pretty good day (also good in the BD).

• 2 weeks later...

Key Quest = Love. It's such a bummer they dont make the irl plushies anymore. I'm hoping i'll find a Target that has an old stock. I want the halloween jubjub! I'm sick of getting the 'refresh your browser you're disconnected' screen. Or whatever its called. I dont start a game unless I want to finish it, so I feel bad for the other players.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently started playing KQ again. If any of you see me hosting a game - my username is fury - come and play me! :D

Phew! Got 16 keys today.

No quitters, 1 game abandoned due to glitches and 1 user who hoards blue keys.

KQ=Resources Hog

70% CPU

200-300 MB Memory usage out of 1 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Has KQ ever glitched for anyone?

Twice in the same game it skipped my turn without me even getting the chance to roll the dice, and I wasn't hexed, while I was actively playing. It really irks me.

I've had that happen to me, among other glitches. Not exactly the most stable game.

• 2 weeks later...

My computer is generally too slow to play Key Quest efficiently. Is there any way to turn down the graphics, or anything, to make the game easier to run?

Well, you can try using this: https://images.neopets.com/keyquest/game/kq2/KeyQuest.swf?v=32 if it's any better for you - also try and make sure you minimize background programs (by opening your Task Manager) and eliminating any unnecessary programs/services that are running and eating up your computer's memory :)

I posted this in IRC, but no one is there.

I just barely won in KQ. I rolled a 6 and I activated a mini-game. (2 steps from winning) I lost and my opponent got a distraction potion. My opponent was near the portal that is adjacent to the green key which he had none of. He used the distraction potion on me and forced me to go get the yellow key.I rolled a 5 and teleported to the portal near the yellow key, he had a mortog and I had 2 mortogs. He rolled and got Friend or Foe? which made my opponent's Mortog a Rainbow Fountain Water powerup. I rolled a 4 and got the yellow key. I was 2 spaces from the blue key which appeared after I landed on the ? spot earlier. He apparently got amnesia and made me have no blue keys. He rolled a 2. I rolled a 4 and teleported back. I was 1 space behind my opponent. He was 5 squares to winning. He rolled a 4 which put him 1 square from winning. Knowing that I can't Mortog to the winning square, I tried my luck and miraculously. I got a 6! Which made me win against my opponent.

I posted this in IRC, but no one is there.

I just barely won in KQ. I rolled a 6 and I activated a mini-game. (2 steps from winning) I lost and my opponent got a distraction potion. My opponent was near the portal that is adjacent to the green key which he had none of. He used the distraction potion on me and forced me to go get the yellow key.I rolled a 5 and teleported to the portal near the yellow key, he had a mortog and I had 2 mortogs. He rolled and got Friend or Foe? which made my opponent's Mortog a Rainbow Fountain Water powerup. I rolled a 4 and got the yellow key. I was 2 spaces from the blue key which appeared after I landed on the ? spot earlier. He apparently got amnesia and made me have no blue keys. He rolled a 2. I rolled a 4 and teleported back. I was 1 space behind my opponent. He was 5 squares to winning. He rolled a 4 which put him 1 square from winning. Knowing that I can't Mortog to the winning square, I tried my luck and miraculously. I got a 6! Which made me win against my opponent.

Wait, why couldn't your Mortog to the winning square? I do it all the time. Or was there a key in between you?

Of course you can't win just by using a powerup and not rolling. Believe me, my opponent tries that sometimes and always lands to the square adjacent to the square before the winning square.

You mean when the opponents is at least 2 squares from winning.

Of course you can't win just by using a powerup and not rolling. Believe me, my opponent tries that sometimes and always lands to the square adjacent to the square before the winning square.

You mean when the opponents is at least 2 squares from winning.

No, I mean I've used Mortog several times to jump straight to the winning square without needing to roll.. and had it used against me too! It would only move you to the adjacent square if you didn't have all the keys. Still, it's good that you rolled a 6! Whatever way you win it's still good :)

No, I mean I've used Mortog several times to jump straight to the winning square without needing to roll.. and had it used against me too! It would only move you to the adjacent square if you didn't have all the keys. Still, it's good that you rolled a 6! Whatever way you win it's still good :)

Sorry, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, anyway!