Key Quest

Anime

Regarding the predetermined win, I just find it funny that there's an article on the recent issue of the Neopian Times that pretty much suggests doing that (among friends). I suppose the staff member(s) who reviewed the article did not know about this particular rule.

Lol. It actually says to do that.

" Arrange with a Neofriend or two so that you can play a series of games where you take turns winning."

Regarding the predetermined win, I just find it funny that there's an article on the recent issue of the Neopian Times that pretty much suggests doing that (among friends). I suppose the staff member(s) who reviewed the article did not know about this particular rule.

Yeah, sometimes the Times can be a little contradictory. They've also published an article someone wrote about why quitting is a strategy, when it's fairly well-known that you shouldn't do it. Maybe it's just to show opinions and generate discussion, I'm not sure.

I disagree, here's why: Aside from the "rule" being mentioned in an editorial (which, keep in mind, not everyone reads!), there is no other mention of it anywhere on the Key Quest page (or any rules, for that matter).

I used to think it was a good strategy until someone sent me a neomail explaining that it's against the rules. I can't remember the editorial exactly, but I think it's a fairly logical rule because TNT had stated something like "if you wouldn't do it during a normal board game, don't do it during KeyQuest." You wouldn't simply refuse to take your turn during a game with your friends.

That said, it's pretty difficult to prove that a player is doing it, so it's unlikely that you'd lose your account unless you were reported numerous times. I'd also hope you'd be warned about it before your account was permanently frozen!

I've seen a screenshot of a "friendly reminder" for skipping turns and that quitting a game is cheating, before giving an official warning to get your account frozen. I'm not going to lie: I don't mind those kind of "cheating" (predetermined wins, not rolling the dice, etc.), if it's between friends or people you trust they aren't going to report you for that. For total strangers, it's another story.

I've seen a screenshot of a "friendly reminder" for skipping turns and that quitting a game is cheating, before giving an official warning to get your account frozen. I'm not going to lie: I don't mind those kind of "cheating" (predetermined wins, not rolling the dice, etc.), if it's between friends or people you trust they aren't going to report you for that. For total strangers, it's another story.

I don't like don't mind doing pre-determined wins, because its not that fun,you lose the eagerness of finding out who is going to win. One of my neo-freinds actually neo-mails saying "U wanna play by taking turns winning?" Can TNT read Neo-Mails.

They can, but I don't think they do most of the time. Probably only when they have a reason to be suspicious or if their filters caught something.

Oh, thanks. I was not sure so that is why I prefer to talk to people here. :rock:

Anyways from Key Quest I got: 3 neggs

8 codestones

2 PB's (One ghost and one Speckled) :laughingsmiley:

If you play for fun, of course you don't want to play predetermined wins. There's a handful of players who are only in for the prizes, and why a few of them quit when you're about to win. I completely understand finding this frustrating, and they don't want to deal with that. That being said, I don't see the problem like TNT does.

I certainly don't "play" Fashion Fever because it's fun, but only for the NP. :P

I wish some tokens weren't NC only. I like Poogles, but I'd like a new one. :D

TNT had stated something like "if you wouldn't do it during a normal board game, don't do it during KeyQuest." You wouldn't simply refuse to take your turn during a game with your friends.

That does make sense actually, but of course when playing a normal board game we can enforce the untold rule, whereas on Key Quest there is absolutely nothing we can do other than let them get away with it.

I still prefer to play with as few mini games as possible.

Same here. I go out of my way sometimes to avoid landing on a minigame spot. I only enjoy a few of them.

That does make sense actually, but of course when playing a normal board game we can enforce the untold rule, whereas on Key Quest there is absolutely nothing we can do other than let them get away with it.

Same here. I go out of my way sometimes to avoid landing on a minigame spot. I only enjoy a few of them.

I usually wait for the other player to activate a mini-game. Because if they get a good power up, I might have a counter. But if I realize that they suck in mini-games, then I activate more.

Today wasn't that bad of a day. A few gold and silver. I actually had all my silvers in my first few games. I am glad I continued playing though. I got a SLM piece worth 30k, about 7-8 codestones, and 1 lemony swirly negg.

• 2 weeks later...

Just keep refreshing or try this link:

images.neopets.com/keyquest/game/kq2/KeyQuest.swf?v=32

If it doesn't work the first time, keep refreshing. It will work.

Now that is cheating, it is glitched but you can't go over 1000.

lol. I hit 1600 before. I just have to click really fast and move the mouse next to the other flower. But 2700 is CRAZY! Oh and when I play key quest, sometimes players move from the board and go to a random side of the board, backgrounds and stuff.

Maybe you could report them. I tried to report people, but I don't know how on Key Quest. Can someone show me.

I don't think there's a specific way to report someone for a key quest offence. Just report them like you'd report anyone for anything on neopets.

Is it possible to make a screenshot when someone has over .. 1800 points? And report them? Because it's very frustrating and just unfair.

This is what I would do. I think the maximum attainable score for that game is somewhere around 1800 points. Screenshots would be the only way to prove someone is cheating, though.

I'm not sure if the other minigames have exploitable glitches, so any other high scores are probably just a really good player!