Key Quest

Anime

Guest Tahalika

I absolutely HATE people who decide to go AFK instead of outright quitting; that way the game ends abruptly and they don't get a negative mark about them leaving a game. It's like even more despicable than just outright quitting; you're not just jipping someone from a prize, you're also refusing to take the blame for it. And I HATE when you get a mini game while they're AFK quitting, so you end up either having to wait forever and a half for them to actually quit or you're gonna have to take the fall and quit yourself.

I have actually had a good day today! No quitters at all, and I only had to quit once myself due to a glitch where I couldn't see my mouse on screen anymore. But I have had other days where LOADS do quit. It's really annoying and just plain stupid. I mean, you get the NP anyway, and you don't HAVE to use your silver keys or bronze keys.

I have actually had a good day today! No quitters at all, and I only had to quit once myself due to a glitch where I couldn't see my mouse on screen anymore. But I have had other days where LOADS do quit. It's really annoying and just plain stupid. I mean, you get the NP anyway, and you don't HAVE to use your silver keys or bronze keys.

If you get the glitch again, you can sometimes solve it by right-clicking, and then left-clicking elsewhere.

Guest Tahalika

I've honestly been getting really lucky these past few days with people. I've had solid players for a bit now; no quitters and no AFKers. It's a rather lovely sight!

Especially since it's been racking me up more codestones. I very nearly have double digits in every codestone now, so I should be ready for Mystery Island training when applexsun finally finishes the Pirate Academy. Or when one daily ends up giving me a level, beh.

This is just spectacular. Today I got a warning from Neopets about quitting etc. But the whole reason it kept doing that was because either OTHER players left the game first, the game froze, or the mouse glitch after a mini game. What does that warning even mean? Like, do you get so many chances or something?

It means somebody reported you for quitting, maybe one of the players you played with when you had the mouse glitch or so. Some people are really tired of all the quitters and report everyone that happens to leave the game for whatever reason. (glitch/freeze/browser crash)

There are so many reasons why people could have "left" the game, but they don't care if it was intentional or not,

This is just spectacular. Today I got a warning from Neopets about quitting etc. But the whole reason it kept doing that was because either OTHER players left the game first, the game froze, or the mouse glitch after a mini game. What does that warning even mean? Like, do you get so many chances or something?

I would reply to the warning and say that you've never deliberately left a game, but have had it glitch. (Note: if one player left the game, and there are more than 2, the ones who are left should still be able to play it out. If you quit just because one player left, then yes, that's still quitting and against the rules. If the game closed down on you without your choice, then that's a glitch, and you shouldn't be penalized. Regarding the mouse glitch, see my solution above -- you should be able to get the mouse back, but explain to TNT that you had a malfunction and had to end the game.)

I think the warning is to make sure people are aware of the rules. TNT will look at your game history and try to determine whether they quit or were disconnected, in part based on the game log (e.g., if you quit right after you're beaten in a minigame, that looks suspicious). To show that you're having issues, you could always just let the game continue without you, and you'll be booted after a few skipped turns (or someone else will win, if they can manage it in those few turns, which is the better option so you guys don't waste your time). I recommend doing this in the future, because then TNT will be more likely to believe you were having issues.

I didn't even know you could report other people for quitting. Bit childish but ok. How does it even work?

Also, what I meant by other players leaving the game, it's at those points where Mini Games begin, you know, when it literally takes half an hour for anything to go forward. Usually by the time something else happens on my screen, I'll get an error message that I've been disconnected from the browser or something. It's just really frustrating because you can NOT reply to those mails you get about the report, since TNT has disabled non-friend mails. Which is stupid, since they are the bloody TNT but ok,

Anyways, thank you all for clearing things up for me. I really appreciate it!

You could reply by opening a ticket and explaining your side of things. Call it a bug report, and focus on the aspects of KQ that were not working for you, mentioning all the ways you were disconnected. Only at the very end, almost as an aside, mention that you recently got a warning for quitting, and you are concerned because you've never quit a game, but with all the glitches you've experienced, you're worried about continuing to play and getting suspended or frozen if the glitches keep occuring, and you're wondering how you can prevent them. By focusing on the glitches and mentioning the warning almost in passing, you're more likely to get a response, and they might make a note in your record that the warning might have been unwarranted (do NOT ask for this, though... I've heard TNT sometimes frowns on people pressuring them to reverse their decisions... still, if you're polite and respectful and focus on how to stop the disconnections, you might get a response with suggestions on how to minimize the glitches -- if so, share with us! -- or at least a reassurance that you won't be frozen for KQ glitching on you).

Hi guys!

Does anyone else really suck at mini games? :( I have a great Internet connection, but for some reason the mini games always lag so badly on my computer. There's maybe 2 or 3 that I can occasionally win at, but most the time I'm just left to sit there and get my rear end handed to me. D:

Any suggestions?

Hi guys!

Does anyone else really suck at mini games? :( I have a great Internet connection, but for some reason the mini games always lag so badly on my computer. There's maybe 2 or 3 that I can occasionally win at, but most the time I'm just left to sit there and get my rear end handed to me. D:

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem as you. Your computer processor might not be the best, which is why you lag a lot. Check your RAM as well. There's a lot of reasons that can cause this and I understand that it's so frustrating! I just updated my computer a while ago and I found out that I lost mini-games because...it lags so much lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Any suggestions?

The Spyder and Orbs games usually lag and bug for me. It's quite annoying. These games should run just fine with 4GB of RAM...I would expect underperformance on my PC games due to my Intel card, but not Neopets minigames. I think it's something on the KQ servers' end, unless other Neopets games lag for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty much always looking for people to play KQ with on weekdays, so if you're ever interested in playing a couple of games feel free to hit me! I know it might be a deal breaker for some, though, so I should note that I prefer quicker games so I don't play to 5K. :x

I am getting tired of this stuff, so here are some names you want to avoid on KQ, as they are CHEATERS.

[usernames removed]

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not post another person's username to list them as "cheaters" - this is strictly against TNT's rules and therefore not allowed here at TDN either. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I am getting tired of this stuff, so here are some names you want to avoid on KQ, as they are CHEATERS.

[usernames removed]

Please delete the usernames, since that might be considered harassment by TNT and will get your account frozen. Just keep them to yourself.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not backseat moderate. You may report a post at it's bottom left and a moderator will take care of the problem.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I apologise for posting the names, I shouldn't have. I just get SO mad at this type of behavior from people that I start doing stupid things. Next time I'll just report them.

I hope it's alright to re-post, but I'm still seeking people to play KQ with on weekdays so if you're ever interested in playing a couple of games feel free to hit me! I'm getting pretty close to my current NP goal so I'm trying to get back into playing more games during the week. c: I generally do quick, 2-play 5-key games so if they interests you please send me a message here or over neomail and I'll get back to you! Thanks!

I think the best thing I have won from key quest is #1 from the lab map (the one worth 500k). I have also won 2 of the other pieces that are worth 100k. I agree with mini games lagging, it sometimes doesn't let me play the spyder one, and the fruit cutting one lags too. I also hate it when someone is losing so they quit right when I'm about to win, is that something I can report them for?

• 4 weeks later...

I used to hate Key Quest, but I've played... 17 games so far today and it's actually really fun! Minigames are the bane of my existence half the time but I'm a, getting used to sucking sometimes, and b, sucking less because practice, so yay! I'm going to keep playing until I have 10 gold keys (3 right now), fall unconscious until it's tomorrow in Neopia, and then see what glorious things I can get from those keys.

... And I'm working on the Pack Rat avatar, so I'll have no idea how much my loot is worth until I finish filling up my SDB. Although there aren't enough KQ items to actually fill my SDB, so I'll inevitably get doubles and those I can sell... uh-oh, I'm rambling. Ahem. Teal deer: this game is funner than I gave it credit for.

Just had another quitter and I need to rant~ Apologies, this is gonna be a long one I think.

~~~

We played the game for a good 30+ minutes, and they caught up to me a few times with the help of mini games because they're connection was better than mine when it came to the spyder one (which we played like twice because wow that was a long game).

And it was a great back and forth with them managing to change my keys, me getting SKG and taking their keys, more getting my keys changed and getting bad PUs that wouldn't let me change them back. I had to go around the board a couple times to collect my keys I needed again and it was great, I love a challenging game like that, where either of us can win and we're pretty much evenly matched.

But then of course it went sour, which is disappointing after such a great game so far. I managed to get a SKG and boots of flight, with 2 of each key except for just 1 yellow and green because I had to go around the board so many times. And they had just grabbed their last key as well. They had PUs but changing my keys would do no good since I could just steal whatever color I needed, which was nice to have there just as insurance. So they rolled normally, it was my turn, I'm 4 spaces away from the door, and I used my boots to roll- yep- a total of four. I get to move 2 spaces and then they quit the game, leaving me with over 30 minutes of wasted time and extreme annoyance/disappointment.

It was such a great game until then. I understand being frustrated about losing after all that, but after all the back and forth without a quitter I had hoped that this would be one of those great games that I could be satisfied with whether I won or lost. I don't see the point of quitting after such a long game just because you're about to lose. Not only does it completely waste my time (which I don't have a lot of between work and other things in life), but it wastes their time as well. I realize gold is better than silver for potential prizes, but sheesh. Seriously?

Needless to say, I reported them and am taking a break from KQ for an hour or so to do other things. That was very draining to play for so long and get nothing out of it. <_<