Key Quest

Anime

I'm happy that all of you don't judge by account age.

It's something that really bothers me.

As for tokens, I've talked to a few people who live where they can't buy NC for one reason or another, and they seem like okay players.

can you judge someone off two dollars?

I don't discriminate against people without NC Tokens... I just feel a little more reassured if they do. It shows a certain amount of dedication and time spent on the game. Overall though, I don't really discriminate at all, unless I've explicitly seen rage quitting from one person numerous times.

I don't discriminate people, as a matter of fact I don't even check their accounts before playing :)

My account is old and I love playing KQ but I don't have NC tokens, I'm not willing to pay real money for this game, period. Buying FQ cookies is completely different :laughingsmiley: So I don't have fancy tokens but I never quit - a silver key is good enough for me. I don't think I should be judged on my tokens' basis, really :)

After hearing about the prizes on Key Quest, I think I'm going to start playing Key Quest when neopets comes back

Do you have enter some kind of code to play Key Quest though? I remember I saw that on one of the games, but I forgot which one.

After hearing about the prizes on Key Quest, I think I'm going to start playing Key Quest when neopets comes back

Do you have enter some kind of code to play Key Quest though? I remember I saw that on one of the games, but I forgot which one.

You don't have to - it's free to play ^_^ If you have a plushie that comes with a code, you can enter that code in, and it awards a Key Quest token. Sadly these plushies were discontinued a while ago.

You don't have to - it's free to play ^_^ If you have a plushie that comes with a code, you can enter that code in, and it awards a Key Quest token. Sadly these plushies were discontinued a while ago.

There are a ton of tokens that you can buy from the NC Mall, if you have NeoCash.

So I have a question for the Key Quest Players of TDN.

On the Key Quest board on Neopets, there's a board with several players saying that they don't play games with younger accounts because many of the younger accounts that they have played with in the past have quit the game.

Personally, I think that's silly. I have had both old and young accounts alike quit on me!

So, what do you guys think?

Are you okay with playing younger accounts, or do you try to avoid them?

If you don't look at account age, is there anything you do look at?

I just create a 2 player game and play whoever shows up! Last week I rolled a 6, which would have gotten me through the door the person said *waves*

I move a space

"Bye-Bye"

another space

"Bye!" game ends....their account was a day old :shiftyeyes_anim:

I think in the times I've actually looked after being quit on they do tend to be younger accounts, but I don't check first.

As for NC tokens, when someone shows up with one of those my first thought is honestly "aww, dang it", because I think I might lose. :laughingsmiley: I have exactly zero interest in getting one for myself.

I've gotten almost 3000 keys (yikes!), and I think I'm pretty good at spotting intentionally quitting vs computer problems. I reported someone ONCE, because they took sooo long to quit on me and wasted my time.

I can't wait until Key Quest comes back :P it'll be my first time playing the game

That's exciting!! I'm excited! I love key quest!! Hopefully, you'll love it too :woot: :woot:

That's exciting!! I'm excited! I love key quest!! Hopefully, you'll love it too :woot: :woot:

Thanks, I am excited too! I think I will! :) the bad part though is that I'm trying to reduce my addiction to neopets & this will probably be counterproductive :(

Thanks, I am excited too! I think I will! :) the bad part though is that I'm trying to reduce my addiction to neopets & this will probably be counterproductive :(

It absolutely will be! But you get decent prizes from it, some games last a while, some games not so much, so you could end up getting more NP/valuables in less time, depending on what else you would be doing. If you want the 10 keys you can unlock each day, that's pretty time consuming, though. You could also find people on these forums who want to play a quick game, so you just get your key and move on.

I think the strategy and board game style of it is really fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait until Key Quest comes back :P it'll be my first time playing the game

When it does come back, I'm sure you will enjoy playing it! :)

A quick tip for you: I'd recommend only playing 5 key games - that way you'll have a shot at getting the best possible prizes. :)

When it does come back, I'm sure you will enjoy playing it! :)

A quick tip for you: I'd recommend only playing 5 key games - that way you'll have a shot at getting the best possible prizes. :)

It's taking much longer to come back than I expected o:

5 key games a day? I don't really know anything about key quest besides that it's like a board game

It's taking much longer to come back than I expected o:

5 key games a day? I don't really know anything about key quest besides that it's like a board game

The aim of Keyquest is basically to be the first person to collect the required amount of keys in game, then head to the exit door.

By 5 key games, I mean the amount of different coloured keys that you need to collect before heading through the door and finishing the game.

The more keys you play for, the better your prizes will be. :)

When the game finishes, you will be awarded a prize key (either gold, silver, bronze or lead) - this will be dependant on (a) how well you played in game (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) and (b) how many keys you opted to collect for the game (i.e. 2 keys, 3 keys, 4 keys or 5 keys)

You can play as many games as you want to, per day, but you will only be able to redeem 10 prize keys per day. So my advice would be to play at least 10 games a day, that way you can stockpile on prizes (and then redeem them at a later date).

The amount of keys that you play for in game determines what colour your prize key will be.

Gold keys give the most prizes and lead keys give the least.

If you play 5 key games (i.e. collecting 5 different colour keys before finishing the game) this will give you the best chance to get the best possible prize key (i.e. a gold key)

When Keyquest starts working again, best thing to do is go through the tutorial on how to play - also, if you want to play a game with me, send me a Neomail to see if I'm available :)

• 3 weeks later...

Did TNT ever release an approximate date that the game will be up and running? Its my favorite =[

TNT actually JUST posted a Key Quest update in the news last week. No definite answer. :( I really miss KQ too!

• Key Quest Update! - We know that everyone (that includes us) has been anxiously awaiting the return of Key Quest. However, due to many bug fixes taking priority on our list, Key Quest has been pushed back quite a few times over these past 4 weeks. In the process, we also discovered that we were missing essential files to get Key Quest up... *collective groan* Yes, we know. :(

The good news is, we think we have finally recovered the files we need... but we are still in the process of compiling everything together. Unfortunately, that means that at this point, we are unable to determine exactly how long it will take to get Key Quest back. Nevertheless, we wanted to give you an update to let you know that we are working hard to make it happen!

In the meantime, we will continue to focus on fixing bugs and providing new content as well, where we can. Your patience is greatly appreciated, fellow Neopians. Thank you!

Can't wait for it to be up again :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

When posting, please be sure to contribute to the topic, and not just make passing comments.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

*taps foot impatiently*

when are they gonna open it? its been 2 months already and its almost December, hopefully they open it soon because i havent played KQ for over a year and i heard its the best way to get good prizes and neopoints.

When KQ does come back up, maybe we'll get an exclusive token as a consolation for waiting so long? :rolleyes_anim: A girl can dream....

Oh, I do hope so! After removing the Habitarium, not fixing Key Quest leaves me with reduced income and rediced fun :(

• 3 weeks later...

When KQ does come back up, maybe we'll get an exclusive token as a consolation for waiting so long? :rolleyes_anim: A girl can dream....

I hope so, and a cool one... Also, I think the four random ones shouldn't be random... I got the one I like the least... I think everybody should have all four... not everyone can afford buy one for NC...

• 2 weeks later...

Did TNT ever release an approximate date that the game will be up and running? Its my favorite =[

They said (a few days before the site went down) that Keyquest would be down for about "a week" or so after the transition. Obviously that's way gone, it's now been over 3 months, so who knows?

TNT actually JUST posted a Key Quest update in the news last week. No definite answer. :( I really miss KQ too!

• Key Quest Update! - We know that everyone (that includes us) has been anxiously awaiting the return of Key Quest. However, due to many bug fixes taking priority on our list, Key Quest has been pushed back quite a few times over these past 4 weeks. In the process, we also discovered that we were missing essential files to get Key Quest up... *collective groan* Yes, we know. :(

The good news is, we think we have finally recovered the files we need... but we are still in the process of compiling everything together. Unfortunately, that means that at this point, we are unable to determine exactly how long it will take to get Key Quest back. Nevertheless, we wanted to give you an update to let you know that we are working hard to make it happen!

In the meantime, we will continue to focus on fixing bugs and providing new content as well, where we can. Your patience is greatly appreciated, fellow Neopians. Thank you!

Haven't had an update recently, I am hoping that TNT will at least give us some indication of how long it will take... I even said I would leave Neo if it wasn't up by the end of 2014 - well I'm still hoping and still no KQ. :(

Oh, I do hope so! After removing the Habitarium, not fixing Key Quest leaves me with reduced income and rediced fun :(

My income has been reduced to virtually zero now thanks to the loss of KQ. I only started playing Habi for the last 2 months of it being running, but it was still a great game.