Jump to content
hrtbrk

Happy Ruki Day!

Recommended Posts

Strawberry is a cute colour, and I really like the Ruki. The leaves on the antennae are cute, I like how the seeds are spaced out and the green details.

The outfit is really cool, I feel it fits well with the Desert origin/aestethic of the Ruki. The colour would make it blend in with the desert sand, making it good for camouflage. It`s detailed, and I like the white details (it is fabric?) on it, as it looks like it`s meant to provide some air so the Ruki isn`t boiled inside the metal casing. A very well thought out outfit, in my opinion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm getting strong Star Wars vibes from that armour! Strawberry's done rather nicely, isn't it. I can see that's a difficult pet to paint in that colour.

10 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

and I like the white details (it is fabric?)

I'm assuming it's a scarf, to pull up over their face to keep the sand off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm getting strong Star Wars vibes from that armour!

Yeah, I agree. I looked at that armour and thought, "Oh, my Tuareg relatives dress like this!" Image result for Tuaregs I love how JS/TNT appropriates culture without a care! 🇩🇿<_<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Yeah, I agree. I looked at that armour and thought, "Oh, my Tuareg relatives dress like this!" Image result for Tuaregs I love how JS/TNT appropriates culture without a care! 🇩🇿<_<

I used to feel that, but the other side of the argument is representation isn't it... it's tough to know where appropriation begins, I think.  We had a conversation about this after Elephante Day >:3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Yeah, I agree. I looked at that armour and thought, "Oh, my Tuareg relatives dress like this!"

I've always wanted to meet Tuareg people .. maybe one day you can introduce me to your relatives , lilbro~ :D I know they like their privacy though 

I'm not a fan of Rukis in general , but the color is really nice ..

and I fully agree with @jellysundae .. Star Wars vibes ! but they already did the Tusken Raiders outfit a while ago, didn't they ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, midnight_spell360 said:

Yeah, I agree. I looked at that armour and thought, "Oh, my Tuareg relatives dress like this!" Image result for Tuaregs I love how JS/TNT appropriates culture without a care! 🇩🇿<_<

I'd have gone down the route that it's inclusive to all; I'd hate to be a kid playing and have nothing on site that represents what I see as normal. 

Providing that it's done respectfully - and not mockingly - I'd have thought it would do a lot more good than ill.

I might have to see how the armour looks on a Wraith or Woodland Ruki... I have the Woodland and was toying with the wraith!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Secre said:

I'd have gone down the route that it's inclusive to all; I'd hate to be a kid playing and have nothing on site that represents what I see as normal. 

@Secre I see your point, I guess it could be seen as inclusive, that would be the better way to look at it. It's just that sometimes TNT was using Arabic names that seemed to me in a silly way, as if no thought other than "this sounds cool!" kind of way.  An example is Princess Amirah. Amirah is the Arabic word for Princess, so you are saying Princess Princess. 

It's like when ppl who don't know Arabic and say they don't like Shariah Law. The Arabic word for law is shariah, so you are saying you don't like law law. Don't worry, those laws never apply to ppl who do not share that faith.  Muslims have a rich history that demonstrates that other law courts were made available for other ppl to have their own laws applied to them.

Anyway, I maybe jumped the gun and perhaps TNT is going to stop stereotyping and is attempting to be inclusive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

An example is Princess Amirah. Amirah is the Arabic word for Princess, so you are saying Princess Princess. 

Oh gosh, this kind of thing happens so often all across the world, doesn't it! 🤦‍♀️

 

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Anyway, I maybe jumped the gun and perhaps TNT is going to stop stereotyping and is attempting to be inclusive.

I shouldn't think they'll stop. Pretty sure any inclusivity they show is good ol' performative allyship. 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

An example is Princess Amirah. Amirah is the Arabic word for Princess, so you are saying Princess Princess. 

and Nabile means Royal ... when she's actually Royal :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, midnight_spell360 said:

@Secre I see your point, I guess it could be seen as inclusive, that would be the better way to look at it. It's just that sometimes TNT was using Arabic names that seemed to me in a silly way, as if no thought other than "this sounds cool!" kind of way.  An example is Princess Amirah. Amirah is the Arabic word for Princess, so you are saying Princess Princess. 

It's like when ppl who don't know Arabic and say they don't like Shariah Law. The Arabic word for law is shariah, so you are saying you don't like law law. Don't worry, those laws never apply to ppl who do not share that faith.  Muslims have a rich history that demonstrates that other law courts were made available for other ppl to have their own laws applied to them.

Anyway, I maybe jumped the gun and perhaps TNT is going to stop stereotyping and is attempting to be inclusive.

I agree that TNT don't always have the best history with naming conventions... the Gypsy Camp immediately comes to mind!!

I remember this all went a little crazy on Facebook once when one of the new outfits was released - the most recent Elephante, I believe - and one of the comments being so strongly in favour of other cultures being included as it made her feel included as a child (obviously the last comment was very specifically aimed at the Facebook post!!):

image.png.7fada2e235e06b2faa36eae65438c094.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...