Petpet
flosset_darigan.gif
Darigan Flosset

Plushie And Toys
plu_darigan_quiggle.gif toy_balldarigan.gif
Darigan Quiggle Plushie | Darigan Ball

i am very disappointed in the Darigan Vandagyre

i mean i understand the V2.0 Neopets is different than the old art

but it's not menacing AT ALL !! it is just a fluffy happy Purple guy !!

7 hours ago, Angeló said:

i am very disappointed in the Darigan Vandagyre

i mean i understand the V2.0 Neopets is different than the old art

but it's not menacing AT ALL !! it is just a fluffy and happy Purple guy !!

Big agree with this. It's basically just a recolour - no modifications to make it look properly Darigan. Shame. ?

I am into the love-hate relation with this.... I LOVE how it looks, it's superb, really cool, fancy details, eyes, etc... But I must agree - it's no Darigan... It's great, but as a colour itself, but no Darigan colour....

First of all, I love that they are doing these themed days - they had them in the past, and they`re super fun! So a big thumbs up from me on bringing that back.

I also agree with what @Angeló said. The downside of conversion is that all the pets poses are identical and static - with a couple of exceptions like Baby, Maraquan and Mutant. In that respect, Darigan was like a cousin to the Mutant colour, but the induviduality of the species was lost with the new, updated artwork. I am happy to see a Darigan Vandagyre, but it feels poorly executed. It certainly has potential, it just feels like the artist didn`t go all the way. With some small changes it could have been much better.
The altered stripe pattern on the Vandagyres body looks great in my opinion - but for some reason they kept the stripes on the tail the same. Why? It ruins the whole aestethic.
The spikes on the "shoulders" are a nice, subtle touch, but the ones on top of the head look tacked on and out of place - maybe that`s the point, but I would have rather done something to the fluffy balls (are they ears?) make them into horns or something. At least make them look pointy, and less fluffy! They should take a lesson from the Darigan Ogrin. The beak could have been made jagged. The claws could have been made bigger or longer.
The biggest problem I think is the facial expression. It`s normal and happy. Darigan pets released post conversion all have altered facial expressions, they look evil and menacing. They could have given this pet angry eyes. Instead, this Vandagyre looks like a pet cosplaying as Darigan.
They`ve done a better job on every other post-conversion Darigan pet. I`m happy to see this species get a new colour, but overall I am disappointed in the result.

Moving on, I actually love the Darigan Flosset. It`s genuinely creepy, and a Darigan petpet done right. ?

WOW, I think this lack of actual Darigan-ness for the Vandagyre needs to be addressed. Surely the boards are exploding about this though, because, seriously... A simple recolour for this paint brush just is NOT acceptable. ? A couple of ickle spikies on the head does NOT a Darigan beastie make. :hmmph:

I thought," Oh, can't Vandagyres be painted PURPLE already...wait a minute... DARIGAN???? You've got to be joking! The Darigan Quiggle Plushie is more frightening than the poor Vandagyre!"

4.png  techo_yawning.gif  techo_red_laugh.gif Yeah, it is boring and silly! :hmmph:

1 minute ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I thought," Oh, can't Vandagyres be painted PURPLE already...wait a minute... DARIGAN???? You've got to be joking! The Darigan Quiggle Plushie is more frightening than the poor Vandagyre!"

I know, right? :D It looks like a Purple Vandagyre with an eye infection.

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hey now! Getting pink-eye's maybe pretty scary for Vandagyres. ?

LOL this is so funny since I recently in February and July had pink eye in the same eye!! No one else in my house was infected. If I was this poor Vandagyre I'd be pretty scared of it too! ?

This does not even look like a proper Darigan pet and is very disappointing to those who were wanting a Darigan Vanda. TNT could have made this poor pet look super cool, but looks to me like they just chose the easy way out for the sake of releasing something. It wasn't even a legit special day. It was just a random release of Darigan themed items. So why they couldn't do some more creative work on this I don't know and actually release it on Vandagyre Day which I believe is in November. Not impressed, sorry TNT, but you failed on this one.

I love that Quiggle plush though, it's so sinister looking!

3 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

So why they couldn't do some more creative work on this I don't know and actually release it on Vandagyre Day which I believe is in November. Not impressed, sorry TNT, but you failed on this one.

Depending on which colours come out on Vandagyre Day, there may be MUCH more fail yet to come... -__-

This Darigan debacle's pretty unforgivable though.