Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
hrtbrk

Day 9 - Kou-Jong [Team Challenge]

Recommended Posts

This is just luck based. You can get the score when you play on medium and finish all 3 levels. When there are no more moves, just reset the level and try again.

Don't forget it's a Team Challenge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I can not only do this, but I CAN be helpful and team up with someone else too. *gulps*

As @Duma says: play on medium. It's what I did last year, I've just done a trial run and got 428 despite using up both my hints and having to reset, so I'll beat AAA easily when I don't have to use the hints, so I'm offering myself up as a partner for somebody.

Now I need someone to explain to me what I need to do because the guides don't make it clear for my broken brain. HOW do you team up with a friend? I think you must have to challenge one of the two first to be able to join up with a partner? There's nothing (that I can see) on the game page for doing that right now so that's what I'm assuming.

Do you challenge AAA or Abigail first, then make your team, then play the game? Whatever order it is you need to do things, it would be awesome if the guide actually told you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ok, I can not only do this, but I CAN be helpful and team up with someone else too. *gulps*

As @Duma says: play on medium. It's what I did last year, I've just done a trial run and got 428 despite using up both my hints and having to reset, so I'll beat AAA easily when I don't have to use the hints, so I'm offering myself up as a partner for somebody.

Now I need someone to explain to me what I need to do because the guides don't make it clear for my broken brain. HOW do you team up with a friend? I think you must have to challenge one of the two first to be able to join up with a partner? There's nothing (that I can see) on the game page for doing that right now so that's what I'm assuming.

Do you challenge AAA or Abigail first, then make your team, then play the game? Whatever order it is you need to do things, it would be awesome if the guide actually told you that.

Yes, you challenge either AAA or abigail. If you click on the Team Challenge stamp thing, you'll be taken to the team challenge page ( http://www.neopets.com/games/dd/team.phtml ) and you can either pick a name from the drop down menu (your neofriends) OR you can type in their name. The invite will be send, then that person needs to challenge the same one and accept the request. Don't send your score before it's accepted. I think you can play it, as long as you don't send the score yet. I usually wait with playing until I receive the message that it has been accepted. Once the other person has send in the score you'll get another message. It's also explained on the team challenge page:

image.png

Mind the tiny letters at the end: If you defeat the challenger before the invite is accepted, you are forfeiting the Team Challenge and will not receive the bonus prize.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right! Ok, so if someone's looking for a partner for AAA, I'm here. o/

This may not be the most reassuring of screenshots, lol, but it's my best so far, I've only completed the game twice at the moment.

image.png.cf9be5ef0c84c9b5912b83e868dd6b2f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Right! Ok, so if someone's looking for a partner for AAA, I'm here. o/

This may not be the most reassuring of screenshots, lol, but it's my best so far, I've only completed the game twice at the moment.

image.png.cf9be5ef0c84c9b5912b83e868dd6b2f.png

I sent you an invite, in case you hadn't found anyone yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I sent you an invite, in case you hadn't found anyone yet.

Thank you! Hopefully you don't live to regret it! :arrowhead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Thank you! Hopefully you don't live to regret it! :arrowhead:

Lol, I'm sure I won't, considering your screenshot. But you haven't accepted my invite yet. (Or maybe you have? You're showing as my partner on The Team Challenge page, but don't they usually neomail a confirmation when someone has accepted the challenge?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now!

image.png.253653c4e7f1100ce7926f2323b69a18.png

:happydance:

Thank you for putting your faith in me, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I have now!

image.png.253653c4e7f1100ce7926f2323b69a18.png

:happydance:

Thank you for putting your faith in me, lol.

Thanks! :happydance:

(I notice you sent in a different score than the one from the screenshot in your previous post - you know you can just get the score first, leave that tab open, challenge AAA in a different tab and then sent that score you got, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Thanks! :happydance:

(I notice you sent in a different score than the one from the screenshot in your previous post - you know you can just get the score first, leave that tab open, challenge AAA in a different tab and then sent that score you got, right?)

I didn't know that, nope! Though considering my brain issues, doing something like that would be positively inviting me to mess things up so best not to try doing that, lol! I didn't actually send that previous score, I was just practicing. :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ready to send an AAA score if someone is looking for a partner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I need a partner if you havent sent it yet

29 minutes ago, Steve said:

Ready to send an AAA score if someone is looking for a partner

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kute said:

 I need a partner if you havent sent it yet

 

Accepted the challenge and sent my score, thank you! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a partner for Team Challenge AAA. If for some reason I don't reply after a long time it means my computer is failing again so apologies in advance. 

I'll be out of the forum while I play so message me on Neopets please. 

Partner found and challenge completed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UGH! WHY did Kou-Jong HAVE to be the team challenge! I LOVE playing Mahjong on computers or other game venues, but Koujong is so BAD by comparison. Just finished a round to see what score I could get. On medium, 1st level I had 6 resets, no resets in level 2, but then level 3, with 2 tiles left (stacked on top of each other) I had to reset, and did about another half-dozen resets. All for a grand score of 427, 3 points shy of AAA's! TOO MANY necessary resets!!

My BEST score is 525, from playing on Hard difficulty, so I KNOW I can beat him. But, I really need to take a break, my eyes are kinda iffy after all that hard staring! Plus, I'm hungry. lol LOL I'll be back, and will be looking for a teammate in a couple of hours. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wasnt AAA score only 400 in the morning ? 

they upped it ..

either way i went for Abi cuz i don't have time today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

But, I really need to take a break, my eyes are kinda iffy after all that hard staring!

I zoom in to play this game, I found it a lot easier then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I didn't know that, nope! Though considering my brain issues, doing something like that would be positively inviting me to mess things up so best not to try doing that, lol! I didn't actually send that previous score, I was just practicing. :3

I get that. (I applaud you for actually getting the required score more than once though! For some games, the thought of having to get a certain score more than once, or even playing it again at all, is enough to give me nightmares!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angeló said:

wasnt AAA score only 400 in the morning ? 

they upped it ..

either way i went for Abi cuz i don't have time today 

I looked at the values of both prize sets but decided to go with AAA. I play the game often and 430 is easy at medium. (I got 456 in a quick game today). But this was a good time to do Abi. Like we discussed earlier in the other thread, this is one of those times that the Abigail team challenge prize (Magnetic Tiles Koujong Toy) has a chance of being valuable, due to so many playing for AAA. It's currently still over 200,000 while the AAA team prize is only somewhat higher (KouJong Made Easy). 

Did anyone notice that they took the hyphen out of the item names this year? Past years had it in (search for Kou-Jong items and see). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY Got my score, found a partner and got my prizes! After over an HOUR of resetting and redoing level 3, kept running out of legit moves, I finally ended up getting through, with a score of 443. 3 times, that's how many more times I had to reset with a stack of 2 tiles, obviously the ones that I needed to clear the game. Ugh, this is worse ratio of "no moves left" than ANY computerized Mahjong game I've ever played. And I was an avid player back in school. ;) OH well, at least THIS one is over. lol Good luck (to everyone who still needs it for today's challenge)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

FINALLY Got my score, found a partner and got my prizes! After over an HOUR of resetting and redoing level 3, kept running out of legit moves, I finally ended up getting through, with a score of 443. 3 times, that's how many more times I had to reset with a stack of 2 tiles, obviously the ones that I needed to clear the game. Ugh, this is worse ratio of "no moves left" than ANY computerized Mahjong game I've ever played. And I was an avid player back in school. ;) OH well, at least THIS one is over. lol Good luck (to everyone who still needs it for today's challenge)!

I know exactly how you feel. For some reason, I have this game favorited and punish myself with it frequently. :arrowhead: :grrr: So many times the first two stages go quickly, then the 3rd stage takes forever. Many a game lasts an hour like you said. And of course my ego won't let me just end the game. I WANT those few hundred points! :shiftyeyes_anim: I was surprised yesterday that my game went so fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lakecat said:

I know exactly how you feel. For some reason, I have this game favorited and punish myself with it frequently. :arrowhead: :grrr: So many times the first two stages go quickly, then the 3rd stage takes forever. Many a game lasts an hour like you said. And of course my ego won't let me just end the game. I WANT those few hundred points! :shiftyeyes_anim: I was surprised yesterday that my game went so fast. 

LOL Yeah! Even the first stage, I've had multiple-resets because of no legal moves remaining. Generally, I play games on the harder modes. But for sake of SANITY and my eyes, I stayed away from Hard mode for Kou-jong.

LOL Yeah, getting those last few hundred points, especially when there are prizes on the line. I totally get that! lol I wish we could choose from various designs for the tiles to be stacked as. Like when I used to play Mahjong on this touch-screen game thing called an iTouch 8. It had tons of games to choose from! Many of them were almost identical to Neopet games. Just different themes, graphics and in some cases, physics. Some I saw before TNT rolled out with some games, and some were After TNT had rolled out their games. Whack-a-Kass, now Kass Basher, on the iTouch 8, was a polar bear batting at some fish as they jumped out of a hole in the arctic ice. LOL Same principle though, even getting the extra couple of bounces in.. That one was AFTER TNT had released their game. Man, I wish one of the local eateries would bring back one of those games! I think across the entire game selection, I had over 115 high scores, including pwning the ENTIRE Top 10 scores for some games. Man that was a fun Summer! LOL If it was fairly quiet, I'd play Mahjong on it, since Mahjong requires some concentration after all. I haven't seen one of those machines around here in probably close to a decade now. Too bad! With such a wide variety of game selection, it was SO much fun! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...