Fall Charity Corner Avatar Available!

Emily

That was my point though. Off tdn there are people who have gotten it before 7 days or have donated 7 days or more and not gotten it. So I'm not sure the 7 day theory is totally correct unless there is a glitch. We may never know the requirements for this avatar

That was my point though. Off tdn there are people who have gotten it before 7 days or have donated 7 days or more and not gotten it. So I'm not sure the 7 day theory is totally correct unless there is a glitch. We may never know the requirements for this avatar

My apologies and I do agree there are a few inconsistencies. Point taken. Personally, I cannot remember the exact details about/when I got the avatar. I know I missed a day or two. I've been reading the AC, too, and, unfortunately, the info posted there seems to be the same - people not quite sure about how they got it. Anyhow, if you are trying to get the avatar, I do hope you get it in the next 3 days or sooner, at least before the event ends.

Today I got the avatar on my first donation.

• It was my 375th time donating
  • I donated the BBBB
  • I donated 100 items a day for the first three days, skipped several days, then started donating again three or four days ago
  • I donated all different kinds of rarities the first three days. Highs (80s, 90s, etc) and lows (30s, 40s, etc),
  • The last three days I donated only once a day
  • I have donated 4 days in a row consecutively, and 7 days total

So, here's what I'm pretty sure of:

• You do not get the avatar after 7 consecutive days (because I didn't donate 7 days in a row)
  • You do not get the avatar for donating a range of items (I donated a mix of all sorts of items, and got the avatar with five of the BBBB)
  • You do not get the avatar for donating a range of rarities (I donated lots of rarities, 30s, 40s, 80s, 90s, etc, and got the avatar using the BBBB, which is around the 30s, I think)

I don't think you get the avatar after three consecutive days donating, because I donated three days in a row right from the get go and didn't received anything. I did, however, stop before reaching four days in a row. I started back several days ago, and today would have been my fourth day in a row. Maybe you get it after donating four days in a row?

EDIT: Oh, and I found out that if you received the avatar, the notification doesn't go away. If you have received the Charity Corner avatar it will be at the top of your Charity Corner screen no matter how many times you refresh.

This is the theory of "Lupey" on the AC - "So, we've been testing the 3 days theory for a while. (donating for 3 consecutive days without having 24 hours between donations) It's been working for like 95% of the people who've tried it...there were a few who did the 3 days and did NOT get the avvy. The one thing they all have in common, is less than 7 days of donating in total. (we also had people on 9 days of donating who did not have the avvy, they got the avvy after a 3 day streak, so I feel the 3 day streak is important)". So, it looks like 7 days total of donating, with 3 consecutive days of the 7 days, not going over a 24 hour period for the 3 consecutive days. I think morforwyn still has a chance of getting the avie. Good luck all, but if you haven't already started by 1 or 2 Oct, you may not be able to get it!

This is the theory of "Lupey" on the AC - "So, we've been testing the 3 days theory for a while. (donating for 3 consecutive days without having 24 hours between donations) It's been working for like 95% of the people who've tried it...there were a few who did the 3 days and did NOT get the avvy. The one thing they all have in common, is less than 7 days of donating in total. (we also had people on 9 days of donating who did not have the avvy, they got the avvy after a 3 day streak, so I feel the 3 day streak is important)". So, it looks like 7 days total of donating, with 3 consecutive days of the 7 days, not going over a 24 hour period for the 3 consecutive days. I think morforwyn still has a chance of getting the avie. Good luck all, but if you haven't already started by 1 or 2 Oct, you may not be able to get it!

I really wish this were the case; but it seems that some people have found that it doesn't totally hold up. :(  it's a good theory but it seems there are still quite a percentage (that i've seen) who this hasn't been the case. it's very interesting though. it is possible that there is a time component or something else we're missing. xD i hadn't thought TNT would make this so difficult. 

edit to add:  even if she says 95% get it that way doesn't help if there are others saying 'no, none of this applies to me'. if 5% or 10% are getting it WITHOUT these requirements it means that something is different or not right. not to say the theory is totally wrong though. there could be something to time; but I'm not sure what

I got the avatar today, at around 12AM NST. I donated BBBBs and it was my 70th donation (or so). I skipped many days, but ever since I heard about the avatar, I've been donating everyday (so that makes 3 days in a row, I think).

Something Has Happened! schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Just got it! I've been donating the same kind of books. Mostly Fantastic Faellies, Grooming your Faellie, The Secret of the Treasure Island and Mystery of the Kougra Paw. The last three donations have been identical books. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.. 

I donated 52 times!

I've just got the avatar. Not sure how many days I've donated in total as I missed one or two, but I have donated 3 days in a row, (the BBBB book) and it showed up at the top of the page :] I've donated 51 times

Just got the avatar! I'm pretty sure I haven't donated a total of seven days, but definitely at least three days in a row all within 24 hours of each other. I've donated 107 times. 

Not exactly sure what triggered it, but I just got the avatar!

I'm not sure how many days I've donated in total. I know I missed at least 2 or 3. As of today, I've donated three days in a row, on my 44th donation. All of my donations have been books, either sets of BBBBB or R90-99 books. I got the avatar while donating a set of BBBBB.

I got it on my first donation today and today was my 7th day donating and my 4th day in a row. 

Everything else I did was really random. Mixing items types, rarities all over, lots of donations of the same item. I donated a total of 257 times.

Oh my goodness I was sitting here getting more and more despondent because I realised that there isn't enough time for me to start today and do the three days within 24 hours thing (because I thought it had been more than 24 hours since I last donated so I'd have to try again) but I scrolled to the top of the page and there it was :D I donated for probably 8 or so days total, probably the last three within 24 hours of each other but not entirely sure, sorry...I'm on donation 110 :)

Something Has Happened! schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Yay :D Well this was my first donation of the day, after probably... 3-4 days of donating in a row, and probably my seventh day of donating in total. All I did the last few days was donate BBBB. /lazy

It does seem to be tied to 7 days of donating in total, and 3 days of donating in a row. 

Just got the avatar today :) I was worried about not getting it as I forgot to donate for quite a few days... as it is, I'm not sure if I did donate for a total of 7 days but I've definitely donated a few times every day for the past 3 days. I've donated 74 times. Good luck to those of you who still have to get the avatar!!

Got it just now! :) I think is truly random since I've donated ONLY 13 times overall and I was in my 4th day of donating consecutively because I skipped some days when the charity event was announced.

I believe tomorrow is the last day of the event, so for those of you who don't have the avatar yet, I hope you can get it tomorrow. :)

I got the avie after donating a total of 7 days, I had a gap between my first set of donations (because of work) and restarted on 10/4/15 and got the avie on 10/6/15, it HAS to be a total of 7 days to get the avie, not in a row.

Got it just now! :) I think is truly random since I've donated ONLY 13 times overall and I was in my 4th day of donating consecutively because I skipped some days when the charity event was announced.

TNT announced that it is not random as that would be cruel to do to us on a timed event.

162 donations, still no avatar. I hope it'll still be available tomorrow!

Stopping for today, I've got a couple more stacks of junk-books I'll try donating tomorrow.

I agree Angelo, this should be an avatar that either has a low donation requirement (Like 1-10) or something that everyone can get at the end for donating. Otherwise, it's just a big ol' item dump.