New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

Thank you, Mouseykins!

Well, I cannot finish it today, LOL...the Pirate Hat Toffees are listed by the SSW at 99,999 NP....oy vey!! Maybe tomorrow I will try again. Hopefully, I will have everything I need in my SDB.

I'm surprised I don't have that item...I usually keep EVERYTHING

At least with Coincidence there was a large pool of items and which ones you were asked for were random and luck based. Certain items inflated to crazy prices, but a lot of the item only went from 1np to 100np. I got lucky that I got all cheap items for my quests except for 2, but I was able to trade for those with some of the expensive items I had but didn't need.

With this event everyone has to turn in the exact same items, so prices have hugely inflated and there's nothing we can do about it because we can't just wait to refresh the quest and hope for cheaper items. I highly doubt I'll be doing this one, even though I really want the avatar. I've decided to just sell off my r90+ toys to at least make a profit off this event since I can't participate. I've already made around 400k today so at least that's a good side to it.

Like the Coincidence event, I've dodged some major bullets with the way my SDB has been a veritable trap for these items. I had exactly ONE of the pirate hat toffees and didn't think much of it. It sucks that it's so easy to game the system, but I can't say that I won't be guilty of selling for profit during this event, the opposite of what I did for the Coincidence. Fingers crossed on continued SDB luck for all y'all.

I kinda like this because I had a ton of toys in my SDB. I unknowingly "donated" some very rare ones that I could have sold for a LOT of NP but got an UB food item so not all is lost! I donated about 10 times before realizing that it'd be a good time to restock. LOL!

Seriously, TNT, you asked for a Premium-only item? Seriously? You got me up at 3am in the morning to play your stupid game, and thanks to the lag, I couldn't even buy the ONE item I needed before it went unbuyable? Shame on me for even trying. Going back to sleep.

Space Faerie Pencil Case

:sad02:

it went from 200NP to 99k in seconds and cuz of the lag i couldnt get it in time & im purposefully late for work so i can make the midnight NST time

:sad01_anim:

what avatar r u guys talking about ?

Can somebody confirm the avatar possibility?

Is it exclusively for the "Adopt-a-Neopian"?

I just won the lottery and I think I'll participe IF there is an avatar involved!

Can somebody confirm the avatar possibility?

Is it exclusively for the "Adopt-a-Neopian"?

I just won the lottery and I think I'll participe IF there is an avatar involved!

The possibility of the avatar is nearly 100%.

charitycorner.gif

I really hope TNT amends the item. It was going for 800k less than 15 minutes after release.

Which item is the premium only? Is it the Pencil Case? I read the tag wrong and thought it was the Space Faerie Pen. Ugh. I had to buy it as an UB in order to complete today's tag.

:ohno: the "Space Faerie Pencil Case" has gone extinct, I can't find it anywhere!

Appeared in TP. To be honest I momentarily saw it listed for 99993 in a shop, but alas the lag.....

Oh and thank you very much hrtbrk for the heads-up!

charitycorner.gif

I really hope TNT amends the item. It was going for 800k less than 15 minutes after release.

Oohhhh! Definitely more interested in this event now. I just threw in all the available toys that I had in my SDB, and I think that's really all the effort I want to put into this event. :P

Then again, that avatar is so tempting...

charitycorner.gif

Hello, avatar! Goodbye, avatar... :sad02:

(The fact that it's pretty makes it even harder to let go... *cries in a corner*)

it makes me sad how a lot of neopet users are cashing in and making profits due to an event.

why can't everyone get in the holiday spirit and reduce the prices on some of these items :(

I recently made 1mil (my first million) and now I have to spent it on crap because other players have raised the price to something stupid.

really sucks :(

/rant

This is going to be really tough.

Is the 15/17 minimum required participation in "Adopt-a Neopian" valid for getting the avatar or do you need 17/17 quests for the avatar?

Amber swords are falling back down after being nearly unbuyable in the first 20 minutes. I just saw someone selling 100 of them at 10k. Good luck with that.

it's so frustrating, I had 4 of the 5 items i needed in my SDB, and i've been looking for that pencil case on the SW hoping that someone isn't just out to make a buck, but no.

I use neopets to relax, and at the moment especially, to try and forget about the horrible real world stuff, but it's not working. Also i'm pretty sure i gifted someone the space faerie pencil case the other day and now it's just like why didn't i buy two?! sigh. sorry, little bit down.

Ugh.. just after I decided to buy the toffees for 50k ..

am i correct in assuming it is too late to do the pirate tag now?

I'm being told to do the fairieland one.. i think.

this is confusing.

I don't think you are able to complete previous quests if you didn't during the first 24-hours when they were available. If you have the juice and want the avvie, just start with today's quest, you still got time!

The FAQ on Neopets states:

How do I Adopt A Neopian? How does this work, exactly?

First, go to the Charity Corner main page and click on the button marked Adopt a Neopian. Each day, you will see a request from a Neopian who is down on their luck this year. These Neopians will ask for five specific items. It is up to you to find out what they are! (Hint: those five items won't just be toys!) You can only adopt a Neopian once per day, but you will receive a special prize for fulfilling these requests.

Do I get anything for participating in the Adopt A Neopian programme?

Not only will you get a unique prize per each request (once per request), you will also receive an additional reward for completing at least 15 of the 17 quests.

I'm all in for 15 days of despising everything TNT >:C I just want the avatar u.u It's pathetic that they know they can do this and we'll all follow with whatever so we don't miss out on a shiny bundle of pixels. I wish just once they would consider the inflation issue.

I wonder what the super special prize thing will be for the most generous...

I can't shake this niggling suspicion that even if I complete today's tag I will be shut out by some instantly unbuyable item in the next few days.

Urgh....

And if this is to stop people loading the servers with hoarded junk items.. well they are going to have to do this kind of clean out a LOT more regularly because I can't sell/discard any of my junk in the foreseeable future with this sort of madness going on. Well, unless they have been artificially inflated, of course, in which case - sell sell sell :mellow:

Charity my asparagus!

Hmmm..

Tis the season to be cynical - fa la la la hoard the junk.