Ian

petpetsitter.gif

Hoorah! :) Finally! I kept getting close, and then dying. And then I forgot what score I needed, and thought I'd get it at 1500. Whoops! Oh well. :D I have it now, and I never have to play it again!

Rebecca, you amaze me. I don't have many game avatars because I lack the patience and get so frustrated. May I ask how long it takes you to practice and get the score that's needed for the game avi's in general? petpet sitter is especially hard for me because the game speeds up A LOT and I get so anxious. LOL.

Rebecca, you amaze me. I don't have many game avatars because I lack the patience and get so frustrated. May I ask how long it takes you to practice and get the score that's needed for the game avi's in general? petpet sitter is especially hard for me because the game speeds up A LOT and I get so anxious. LOL.

Awww, thanks! :D

It really depends on the game. Some I can get pretty easily, because I enjoy the game, and so I don't get too frustrated trying to get to the avatar score. Others... they're terrible. I hate this game, so I've been practicing for several months. I was so excited when I got 1500 this morning, and I thought that was the right score. I was soooo disappointed! LOL I was so happy that I was able to get 2500- it gets a lot easier after 1000-1500 points- fewer new petpets show up, so you're just taking care of the same old ones. :D

My main advice- for any of these games, really- is to google all of the guides you can find. Play the game as much as you can, but take breaks when you start getting really frustated or anxious. You won't be able to do well if you're frustrated, so it's best to relax and calm down before trying again. -hugs- Like I said, this one I've been trying for for several months. Even if you just play it once a day, every day, you'll improve. :D You can do it, hun. :D

Okay....I have a bit of a dilemma: For the second time, I have access to the Rainbow Fountain. Which means, if I have a Buzz, I can get the avatar. I know I need the avatar, but here's the problem: I just don't like Buzzes. I know I could create/adopt a Buzz, paint it, and then put it UFA afterward, but I also am thinking I could morph my Hissi into a buzz, send him to my main, paint him, and send him back, but I would want to turn him back into a Hissi and I think that's a waste. I'd rather accomplish the goal of painting one of my side pets their intended colour than wasting it for an avatar I know I "need".

What do!?

Okay....I have a bit of a dilemma: For the second time, I have access to the Rainbow Fountain. Which means, if I have a Buzz, I can get the avatar. I know I need the avatar, but here's the problem: I just don't like Buzzes. I know I could create/adopt a Buzz, paint it, and then put it UFA afterward, but I also am thinking I could morph my Hissi into a buzz, send him to my main, paint him, and send him back, but I would want to turn him back into a Hissi and I think that's a waste. I'd rather accomplish the goal of painting one of my side pets their intended colour than wasting it for an avatar I know I "need".

What do!?

How important is avatar collecting to you? That's what this comes down to. If you would value having one more avatar over painting a pet a colour you love, then go with the Buzz. From the sound of it, you would prefer painting one of your pets, so go with that. It sounds like you'd get a lot more joy from that than from an avatar! :)

What I've been trying to do lately with avatar games is, when I play them, try my best to at least beat my old high score, even by a couple of points. That way I feel like I'm getting closer to my goal and it's not as frustrating when I fail. :P

What I've been trying to do lately with avatar games is, when I play them, try my best to at least beat my old high score, even by a couple of points. That way I feel like I'm getting closer to my goal and it's not as frustrating when I fail. :P

Yes! This is a great strategy as well. You're just trying to beat your own personal best, rather than trying to get to score that seems unreachable. :) It seems so much more doable.

How important is avatar collecting to you? That's what this comes down to. If you would value having one more avatar over painting a pet a colour you love, then go with the Buzz. From the sound of it, you would prefer painting one of your pets, so go with that. It sounds like you'd get a lot more joy from that than from an avatar! :)

I'd say the avatar is really far down the list of importance to me. I'd rather wait until I have all my dream pets before going for the avatar. Admittedly, I think there should be a Fountain avatar awarded for painting ANY pet there, or for completing her quest for the first time. ^^

I'd say the avatar is really far down the list of importance to me. I'd rather wait until I have all my dream pets before going for the avatar. Admittedly, I think there should be a Fountain avatar awarded for painting ANY pet there, or for completing her quest for the first time. ^^

I agree. But I suppose some avatars are supposed to be difficult, and wasting a FFQ on a Buzz is pretty hard. XD

Which pet do you think you'll paint with this one? :D

Something Has Happened! draikegg.gif You are now eligible to use 'Draik - Hatched' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Yay! Got this one today. Thanks so much Zeph for reminding me, otherwise I would have forgot. 1 more till I'm at 200! :thumbsup:

King Skarl Says:

That was the worst joke ever! I only give it 284 out of 1000!

Leave my kingdom now! *Grrrrrrrr*

Something Has Happened! moodyskarl.gif You are now eligible to use 'Skarl - Moody' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Wow... maybe he needs a vacation.

Brings my grand total to 227! Still going easy on myself, doggone forearm/wrist is still bothering me a lot & in the splint - it makes trying to beat my own games scores won't be happening for a bit (at least until my R hand/wrist/forearm are in better shape!)

Just a temporary bump in my avatar quest is how I'm looking at it!

I had another game that they had to look at/verify my score yesterday (nothing really incredible, though - shucks I can't even remember which one it was) but it was like the other times this has happened, the nm verifying it came this morning!

But my Kiss The Mortag score is STILL! unverified! I'm wondering how long it will take?!???

That happened Monday morning around this time, does anyone know how long they can take to do this? I really expected to have heard by now on it, but so far, nada! :(

Hoping everyone is having a great day & earning avies like crazy! From what I've read in the thread this morning, looks like some are really going to town on earning their avatars! Wishing you all great (& continued!) good luck in your avatar quests/challenges!!! ^_^

Yikes, I'm so proud of getting all 6 Mortags but that was Monday & now it's Wednesday

3:39 pm Something Has Happened! gadsgadsgame.gif You are now eligible to use 'Gadgadsgame' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Managed to snag myself another, today!

(YAY!!! :thumbsup:)

STILL! no word on the Kiss The Mortag score I submitted! :worried:

It's driving me bonkers!!! I still can't believe I did it, either, but I know I did! (also learned I can't multi-task anything like I used to when I was a lot younger! And didn't need lists then, either! lol)

At least I can still earn some even if my R hand/forearm are temporarily really gimpy!!! :laughingsmiley:

Hope everyone's having a great afternoon & nailing those avatars!!! Big congrats to those who've received one or more today!!!

You guys ROCK!!! :rock:

PS I wish they had an avatar for Key Quest! Somewhat surprised that there isn't! :sad01_anim:

9:53 PM P/NST Something Has Happened! attackoftheslorgs.gif You are now eligible to use 'Attack of the Slorgs' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Managed to finally! snag this one a bit ago! I'd been beating it for ages, but always would forget that Firefox wouldn't let me send the score! It's not a 'regular' game of mine, per se, but I have worked at it, just kept forgetting I couldn't send a score & decided to try with IE - and that worked like a charm! :cool:

Edited by Annieji

Woke up this morning to find lenny_plushie.gif from TNT! Only 828NP was distributed per person so I'm really glad that I was in the first 250. The timing and puzzle simply paid off this time! Well after getting the avatar for Extreme Herder, a game which I have always been anxious playing, I figured I'll move on to Freaky Factory and Hungry Skeith. I think all I needed was to prove to myself that playing a game for several months, even a game I've always disliked, will eventually get me there.

Woke up this morning to find lenny_plushie.gif from TNT! Only 828NP was distributed per person so I'm really glad that I was in the first 250.

I got the NP too ^.^ but I wasn't in the top 250 T-T I don't think I am for this new one either. It was really easy in my opinion. But I'll keep trying for that avvie!

Oh, also I got count von roo last night, after tying three times then finally winning :P

I got the NP too ^.^ but I wasn't in the top 250 T-T I don't think I am for this new one either. It was really easy in my opinion. But I'll keep trying for that avvie!

I agree that it was really easy, which makes me all the more rushed to figure the answer as quickly as possible. That's why I think I was more lucky in time than in the puzzle. I treated as if going to New Features and checking if there's a new Lenny Conundrum as a race against time (like, clicking on a shop and refreshing just as it stocks, or the Kadoatery).

I agree. But I suppose some avatars are supposed to be difficult, and wasting a FFQ on a Buzz is pretty hard. XD

Which pet do you think you'll paint with this one? :D

I think I have decided to paint my other Gelert, Seth, from one of my sides. He's going to be Desert.

Hehe...yeah I know this is going off topic, but....

Slept in & am kinda moving slowly this morning :)

Distracted by other stuff & then I finally just get to Neo & prepare to start my dailies & I see I have a message! :laughingsmiley:

The Neopets Team

» Make this user your Neofriend Sent: 17/1/2013 08:45am Folder: Inbox Subject: Your Kiss the Mortog score has been accepted! Message:

Hi annieji,

Your score of 35,000 in Kiss the Mortog has been reviewed and accepted.

You have been awarded 35,000 neopoints. If you qualified for an avatar, that has also been awarded.

YAY!!! They finally got to my game score review!!!!

BUT! I'm going to have to send in a ticket, I have NO AVATAR!!! Yikes!!!

So off to submit a ticket! Once I receive the Kiss the Mortag avatar, I'll have a grand total of 230, now!!! YAY!!! :cool:

I'm still a bit blown away by my huge luck on this one!!! :laughingsmiley:

(this particular one for me was a combination of GREAT! luck! & what I call "robo clicking", LOL :laughingsmiley: )

I should've stopped 'clicking' while listening to important family news on the phone but I didn't & I just clicked correctly, albeit rather mindlessly - and was just hugely!!! lucky!!! I am pretty happy & excited, though! :rolleyes_anim:

I wish there was a trophy, too but I guess not - but no biggee (not even maybe, not after such good luck!!! lol )

I'm thrilled they finally got around to verifying my score (or whatever they do) but I'll be even happier once I get my avatar!!! ^_^

Off to submit my ticket - and wishing everyone a great! day! & hoping everyone gets that avie they've been working hard on!!!

I wish you all extra good luck, too!!! :yes:

That has often played a part for me, especially on really tough ones!!!

2:22 pm P/NST I see that I'm 24th on the high-score list for Kiss The Mortog, so I guess I will get a trophy later at the end or beginning of next month, I guess - so that's pretty cool! I'll be very happy with a bronze trophy on my lookup! :happydance:

Edited by Annieji

Something Has Happened! dice_escape.gif You are now eligible to use 'Dice Escape' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Yayuh! I'm not very good with game avatars... except for the ones with definite solutions. Mwahaha.

(Thank you, TDN, for your wonderful game guide and avie 190!)

191 (~3000NP later)

Something Has Happened! darklurker.gif You are now eligible to use 'Dark Lurker' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!