Neopets Downtime

Ruto

Sara_1, I am originally from Southern California, Westlake Village area. I learned to drive on the 101! I'm going to be there next week, visiting family (for my birthday!).

I hope to play Neopets next week when I'm gone. I live now in the White Mountains of Arizona, and it's raining soooooo hard!

Dailies done, seat belts securely fastened, tray tables in their locked and upright positions... I'm ready!
Also, I just read two books in a row and neither disappeared -- call me superstitious but I think that means the downtime will go quickly and smoothly. It's a sign!! hahaha

I'm concerned that my faerie quest fortune cookie isn't finished yet. I spent neocash on that. Will it be compensated???

I'm concerned that my faerie quest fortune cookie isn't finished yet. I spent neocash on that. Will it be compensated???

The announcement says:

For NC or Premium users, any lost time or items affected will be compensated in some way after the site returns. More information will be posted when it is available.

It seems likely that they would include time left on your fortune cookie. I would expect them to be very careful about NC items and err on the side of customer satisfaction, since this would be a very bad time to give a bad impression of their handling of items that cost real cash.

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=156455850

We'll be taking the site down at ~11:15am PST (in approximately 30 minutes). It could go down earlier than that, so please get your neoaffairs in order as soon as possible, complete all trades and shenanigans, and we'll see you all on the flipside!

~The Neopets OH NO IT'S TIME Team

Well, it looks like it's almost time! Good night, mr.coconut.

Neopets.com is down for extended maintenance while we move servers, databases, and old pizza!

We expect to return on or before Friday, September 19th, 2014. (NST) Until then, please visit us on Facebook or Twitter for updates.

See you on the other side!

- The Neopets Team

I still have my Habi up ... it is no longer working, but it looks like it .. hehe... I will enjoy watching it for a little bit longer!

They look like they are still working hard, but if I refresh they will no longer be there working hard ...

Bye Bye Habi!

The announcement says:

It seems likely that they would include time left on your fortune cookie. I would expect them to be very careful about NC items and err on the side of customer satisfaction, since this would be a very bad time to give a bad impression of their handling of items that cost real cash.

I would think you are right as I wouldn't think too highly of them if I lost 3 days worth of quests. BTW, neopets is officially down now.

I bought that as well. I'm hoping it will still work.

I don't know what to do, now Neopets is not up.

That's it. Neopets is now down. :(

I noticed about an hour ago, when I checked my Habi/Inventory/KQ. This was just after 12pm NST.

Hopefully Keyquest will still be here after the move - if not, I'm ready to let both my main and my side Neo accounts go.

Edit: And rest in peace, P3s! Only used the Habi for a couple of months but sad to see it go!