Neopets Downtime

Ruto

Update: The site is now down.

The transition to Jumpstart will begin tomorrow, September 17th. The downtime is not expected to start until late in the morning.

Reminders:

• The site is expected to be down for two or three days. During this time, you will see the Down for Maintenance Pteri or a notice that Neopets does not exist at all. Rest assured that your account data is safe and will return once the transition is complete.
  • For NC or Premium users, any lost time or items affected will be compensated in some way after the site returns. More information will be posted when it is available.
  • Habitarium and Petpet Park will not be a part of the site anymore.
  • Key Quest may be down for around a week after the site is back online.

To follow Neopets through their transition to Jumpstart, visit their Facebook or Twitter accounts.

And as always, TheDailyNeopets and TDN Forums will keep you informed about all Neopets news.

I'm a little concerned they will mess something up with Key Quest and accidentally remove it permanently and just say "Sorry, there's nothing we can do". :/ Perhaps I'm just paranoid.

Ah well. I'll try to squeeze in some dailies before the site goes down.

It feels kind of... odd. The site being down for a couple days, Habi disappearing forever... And yet I'm excited for things to come. Heck, I'm almost excited for the downtime. Breaks are good. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. ;)

I'm excited too for some reason. The downtime will be a good reason to stay off my computer for a couple of days and catch up on some projects that I've started and never finished. This week the weather is supposed to be nice so more time outside with the kids before we get winter. Before habi goes down I want to take a couple of screenshots to remember my little Mootix p3s. :)

Now that we know when the downtime is coming everyone can relax and stop worrying about it. :)

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Sooo I still have four days left on my Fortune Cookie, will they reimburse us for those automatically or will I have to submit a ticket?

Sooo I still have four days left on my Fortune Cookie, will they reimburse us for those automatically or will I have to submit a ticket?

This falls under NC items which TNT said they will compensate for. We're just not sure how or when they will.

Guest awkwardnormalcy

This falls under NC items which TNT said they will compensate for. We're just not sure how or when they will.

Okay good, I know I should've waited but it was my first fortune cookie and I was too excited to wait ;~;

I'm glad they gave us an exact time for it to be down...now I can stop worrying if "today will be the day" o.o

no excuse for not getting my school work done now :p

I'm glad they gave us an exact time for it to be down...now I can stop worrying if "today will be the day" o.o

no excuse for not getting my school work done now :P

I have soo much homework and two exams to study for. This timing is a blessing in disguise!!

I'm relieved it's tomorrow. I didn't start my three cookies because of the transition. So I'll start those up when we come back. Kind of bummed about Poogle day as poogles are my favorite but pretty much just because it means FREE TRAINING FOR ALL MY POOGLES! :woot: I'm actually more concerned about things that are supposed to go on while neopets will be down. Like the random contest or mystery pic, ect, will they give more time or should the entries go in now? Also wondering how the skirmishes will play out. We only get so much time to battle, will that be extended or do we only get like a day to battle it out? So confusing.

I don't think the skrimishes will be extended, since it's a weekly thing.

I told my mom that Neopets would be down for a few days starting tomorrow, and she did a little dance.

:hmmph: No mother, this is not dance worthy news.

But like most, i will be able to get my homework done but :baaasmiley: to that. I don't want to. So I'll probably just be scrolling through a few thousand pages of tumblr blogs :dance:

Luckily, I'm almost at level 50 for habi!! :happydance: 13.089 xp points left!

Ever since the news came out last week I've been running habi so hard.... I was starting to resent my little buggies for being so much work but now I'm sad again that they're going to be gone forever ><

@Shelley and @missuninvited: slacking students have to stick together! I've been telling myself to get it together this semester so this is my chance!!

I'm a little concerned they will mess something up with Key Quest and accidentally remove it permanently and just say "Sorry, there's nothing we can do". :/ Perhaps I'm just paranoid.

I'm doing my dailies right now. May as well get some last minute NP before things go away for a few days.

Question: If Petpet Park is going away, does that mean the daily will also be gone? Btw. it's 5:10am here and I'm on a sugar rush. No, thinking isn't my best quality right now.

Dorkitty, on 17 Sept 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:snapback.png

I believe that the Keyquest brings a lot of money to neopets. So, I am sure they are going to keep it!

"Downtime may not start until late morning " says in the news. What time do you believe is that? In NST please?

I said goodbye to my remaining P3s yesterday, after making sure I put them in their house and tidying up the place a bit. Also managed to squeeze in my dailies and made sure all my girls were happy and well-fed.

I've thought about it more, and now I'm not totally bummed about Habi going. There's a lot of maintenance involved and if I had the max number of P3s running around it was soooo laggy. I'm sure my laptop will also appreciate not running all the time as well... :whistle:

And like others have said, now I have no excuse to ignore the homework that's been pilling up.

It's offical, the site is going down for a few days! I'm glad I found out right now...I just completed my dailies! Whew!

And I was working on my Habi a few minutes ago...and now it's not working, wahhhhh! :crying_blow: I can't believe my little guys are going...I had fun playing the Habi so much!

* THE HABI IS NOW DOWN*

I had fun with the Habi while it lasted. I did make it to level 35. Those little guys worked so hard. I'll miss them so much!

I'm sad the site is going down, I enjoy playing the games every day.

I put out a bunch of candy and bacon for the little guys, took a screen shot for the mems.

I imagine it'll probably be between 10-11 NST. As that's what I consider late morning. It's 9am and it's still not down so I imagine that's when everyone is due into the office, it'll take them a little bit to get situated, wake up, get their coffee, shake off almost getting hit on the 5/405/101/110, ect freeways (I live in LA can't you tell?) and get their stuff together before shutting it down.

Gonna be weird. Good thing I have stuff to do today. Tomorrow, however will be another story. :/ Maybe I'll start a neoapocolypse board.