The Coincidence

Xepha

glad to see I am not imagning things.

so far I have only stung for an item thta cost me 4k each (and I needed 4) but from what others have mentioned that is nothing compared to what is likely to come.

This inflation is frightening and ridiculus. From the list on jellyneo I thought this was a way to reduce junk in Neopia as most of the items listed were under 10 NP but now only very rich people will be able to complete the quests. :(

I just paid over 25k for 5 light acara hoods .. but i still need 3x Cyodrakes Gaze Keychains !! i swear i woke up from sleep , refreshed the spaceship page .. copied the name of the item ... went to the shopwiz whistling ... and i was literally shocked ...

This is going to become prohibitively expensive, I think. Surely TNT wouldn't put an avatar at stake on something like this? Might be worth writing an Editorial question to clarify if there are prizes beyond what we're building. If it's going to cost me 300K for my second request, and if things are going to keep inflating for 6 more days/8 more requests, it could potentially cost millions. I'd like to know if it's at all worth it.

I understand the need of cleaning up junk items from the game but hopefully they broaden the pool items (HELLO BLUE GRUNDO PLUSHIES!?!?! 90% of the Battledome items, anyone?!?!) needed as time goes on because this is too much (although I'm sure they were aware this would happen lol)

It really defeats the purpose of removing them from the server if no one is able to buy them.

All of these items are handed out from dailies so play EVERYTHING for the next week. Even Key Quest.

I did think this inflation would happen but Im suprised at how fast it happened, my opinion is if TNT doesnt do something fast this event is going to end up with people not taking part at all.

I like the idea of cleaning up neo but a quick thought into the way economics work in such a small community its easy to see that there would be people buying thousands of one item especially since they were at such a low price at the start.

shame it looks like I might decide not to continue with this event, it doesnt seem right to encourage this kind of behaviour by buying the stuff

A lot of people saying this is a way to clean up Neopia...but all these items you get when completing dailies...so...not really cleaning up...

I started hours after the event began and ran into inflated items :/

For those experiencing the same, I suggest NOT to buy anything and keep refreshing the SW. My inflated item was 20k when I started, but after i bought it only 35k were available. Quickly went up to 40k, then back down to the low 30k. By then I bought it...but after I completed the first quest I kept refreshing to see the prices. Someone randomly sold theirs at 10k and an hour later someone had it for 1 NP! So... just keep trying you might get lucky

Seriously, this inflation crap is ridiculous. :/ I've not had any super-expensive items yet, but people shouldn't have to shell out 75k for a previously 1NP item.

As I recall, purposely driving up the price of an item and inflating it on your own is against the rules. I really hope TNT looks into this, because there's no way certain users will be able to finish this step if this inflation continues at this rate.

Man, I just spent the last week cleaning out the junk in my SDB and now I have to buy it all back at a higher price -.-

The same thing happened to me. But i finished YESTERDAY.

Why were they thinking, it was obvious that the prices were going to inflate.

Im sad :(

Wow.... I need four cellos at 25,000 each... :mellow:

I am not sure if I'm willing to shell out 100k on this. Really not feeling good about participating in the event anymore.

(I went for the rubbish avatar last week so my SDB is completely clean of all cheap items :sick02: )

Bring me the following items, and I'll cut you a deal. I don't know what the deal is yet, but I'll think of something while you're out. Am I thinking out loud again? Never mind. Here is the list:

plushie_ruki_blue.gif
Blue Ruki Plushie
x2 grf_container_leftovers.gif
Mouldy Left-Overs
x2 she_giantclam.gif
Green Clam Shell
x2

You have received:

8th console piece

almost have the bottom weapon complete! I forgot about the time yesterday so only have 2 parts done right now =(

Oh man. I was really worried about inflated junk items when I signed in this morning. I got lucky though and already had half the items I needed and the others had not inflated yet. Phew!

I decided to participate in the NC portion of this event and so far I'm really glad I did. I'm loving the prizes!

The inflation is crazy. I knew prices would go up, but not this much. I had to get 5 Leaded Earth Vials last night, for 30k a piece.

Oh MY! My junk items were only inflated from 1np to around 9 or 10. I hope I don't get any of those! ^^

I am so utterly displeased with this. I figured there would be inflation but really. Just no. I have friends who were super excited about trying to play through this event and now they can't at all. I can afford this, but do I really want to? I was not saving nps to buy these things >:C *grumps*

I really want in on this but I need two Cobrall Roots which are now going at 30,000 for the cheapest ones (and I can only find a handful total). I have the np, but that's not the point. I can't imagine this will be the only expensive item I'll need, looking at the other posts, or I might just do it.

I think Neopets tried to make this accessible to everyone by using abundant, cheap items and now people are ruining it by getting greedy.

I have two Wind Up Chia Clowns in my SDB but I'm being asked for five and I can only find them at at least 70,000, but mostly 99,999. People are kinda being jerks...

Do the items change out after a certain amount of time not grabbing them?

No, those are the items you're going to need to turn in. I found a few that are ~60k-ish

jeggonsfather 4 55,000 NP dalirand 5 59,000 NP potential_hero 1 59,000 NP

It's a shame people are taking advantage of this event/plot and hiking up prices. It's a good opportunity to clear out a good chunk of the junk items floating around neopia.I've been lucky so far that the items he's needed have all been in my SDB since I just throw my whole inventory in there (saving up items for the Rubbish Avatar).