The Coincidence

Xepha

There seems to be a complete and utter disregard of the concept of fair play by a lot of shopowners. They really should be ashamed of themselves for such unmitigated greed. It's really quite disgusting. If I were able to, I'd open up my own few thousand low NP items and offer them to those who really need them for free or under 50 NP. The problem is how to tell the genuine need from the unbelievable greed. How can I tell a poverty stricken Neopian from a wealthy shopkeeper who's looking to corner the market? It's virtually impossible. If this is all just a social experiment on the part of NeoPets and TNT, then they've proven that the greedy will inherit Neopia. That's truly sad. It's ruining it for everyone. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

funnily enough I wondered if this is some kind of social experiment too, then I wondered if it is jumpstart attempting to teach us something .. perhaps about inflation and greed

either way its a little depressing to see that a very few people can spoil it for the rest - primarily because it is such a tiny community

the most uplifting thing I have seen for a long time is the board on here where people are requesting and freely giving items from their SDB to strangers even though they are worth lots just now :thumbsup:

Wow.... I need four cellos at 25,000 each... :mellow:

I am not sure if I'm willing to shell out 100k on this. Really not feeling good about participating in the event anymore.

(I went for the rubbish avatar last week so my SDB is completely clean of all cheap items :sick02: )

oh i wish i would have read this sooner =( i had to buy some cellos and i had extra i got mine for 100 neopoints, if i would of seen your post sooner i would have given them to you.

toy_niptor_plushie.gif

Niptor Plushie

x3 tac_nativemask.gif

Native Mask

x1

EDIT: Totally forgot about the 7 word limit.... :P

I believe I have one niptor plushie I can donate to you if you want it.

As for me ... I'm out of this event :( ... I need three Gelert in the Box. Can't even find them on the shop wiz anymore. I was really excited to actually finish this event too :( blah lol

Yikes all of these posts are making me nervous for the future. I have three pieces so far.

I echo everyone's statement on the greed part of this. It is really sad that some shopowners have taken a complete advantage of this.

I don't know if I'll continue on if I have to sink 100k+ into this. Does anyone think it will be worth it?

Does anyone know if we have a definite end date and time for the component collecting and building?

also april fools day is coming and since this event is likely to be running when it arrives maybe we should be preparing ourselves for what ever TNT might decide would be fun as a joke to play on us in this event

Well, the NC part of this event ends on 11:59pm March31, so I'm assuming that the np/event part of it will also end at that time...meaning the next step is on April Fool's Day, or the big reveal that this is the April Fool's joke.

so this part ends just before april fools day, which is what I was worried about!

... hmmm .. run for cover everyone there could be an interesting twist just ahead ... I did sort of wonder if it was going to coincide the way this is going it does sort of feel like the run up to a big practical joke :rolleyes_anim: :shiftyeyes_anim:

the ship is called the coincidence .. quite a coincidence that its almost april fools day and the machine is the caos machine !! eek

The prize for gun number two has been found!

spd_reu2014_mallrdtapespdspa.gif

Mallard Tape

What do you mean, these parts dont fit together? I will make them fit!

https://images.neopets.com/items/spd_reu2014_mallrdtapespdspa.gif

Someone has it in their auctions:

http://www.neopets.com/auctions.phtml?type=bids&auction_id=182666494