The ALP

Matt

Okay, thank you for the info Emily.

I didn't think to put the times I would be available on the request. Forgot that the higher priced items can't be put on the traidng post because of the limit.

Anyways, just want to thank you guys for setting the program up and helping so many of us out with the avatars :)

Your welcome! I really wish TNT would increase Trading Posts and Auction limits. Some things are way to pricey to be able to safely lend/sell, and there's no guarantee of getting proper payment because of the need for split trades/auctions, which TNT themselves (as well as the ALP) discourage :(

It's fun being able to help people reach their goals. Props go to TDN Alumni for setting up the ALP. I'm sure they'd be proud to see what it's become :D

Hi guys. :) I just wanted to pop in and say a quick thank you to the ALP lending team and the staff here in general. You do such an amazing job keeping this site up and running. The ALP has helped me out tons. I'd also like to thank everyone who donates consistently to help reach the goal! You guys are awesome. I feel bad because I haven't been able to donate much lately because of my lack of np's. But it's really nice to see that others are being so giving! :wub_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

You have to wait for the next month.

On the first of the month, I send out confirmations making sure everyone in the chains still want to be in them and sorting from there. After that, the chains start on the 5th, and when whenever they end depending on length. After the end, they don't run again till the 5th on the next month. So to prevent weird messes, I simply close the apps for that month and shift them to the next month.

Something Has Happened! zaffydoubleagent.gif You are now eligible to use 'Zafara - Double Agent' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Thank you for my new avatar TDN! :D Only a few more to go!

Something Has Happened! cocojubjub.gif You are now eligible to use 'Coconut Jubjub' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Thanks again TDN! We're on a roll! I just hit 250 avatars! :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on where we are with the BGC:

A seller has cropped up, but apparently the going price is now a solid 120 mil, up from the 110 mil one sold at a few months ago. If anyone knows of any sellers willing to sell to us for a discounted price, please feel free to post here or contact the ALP account (tdnalp) on neopets!

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could explain this lending program, as I love collecting avatars, but these avatars requiring old pets or petpets and expensive items seems difficult. I don't think you guys would just lend stuff to someone (and not get it back bc of scammers), so how does it work? Do you trade it for something with equal value? Also I am even more confused with the pets, how does that work. Thanks in advance

You will receive a notification at least two days prior to the date you are set to receive the pet. We have it set up this way because the chains constantly shift and change and sending out any information earlier would just be extra work for me.

If a chain was canceled, I would have said so in my initial confirmation NM on the 1st.

I'm going to go put that in bold on the lending procedures because I get asked that like 3 times a month and I'm REALLY tired of answering it.

Out of all the avatars that require items that are hard to acquire, the Bony Grarrl Club one is the bane of my existence. I perused TDN's ALP pages hoping to find a Bony Grarrl Club available for borrowing, and then discovered that TDN is currently saving up for it. Both disappointing, :sad02: and exciting. :woot: Anyhow, I found the donation shop and plan on making regular donations... self-serving as that might be. :rolleyes_anim: Anyhow, is there a waiting list for the BGC? And with an item that expensive, how on earth is an appropriate collateral amount going to be determined (and in my mind, I'm already worrying about coming up with enough)?

Nope. No waiting list yet, as we don't take applications for items we don't have.

As we're getting closer to the goal (though we're still a long ways off), we've been discussing how best to go about lending it. There will be strict avatar, Neo-account and TDNF post requirements, as it's nearly impossible to collect full collateral for such an expensive item, due to the limits of the Trading Post and the Auction House.

We have some other ideas in the works for lending requirements as well and, as we get closer to the goal, we're working out which would be the best ways to implement them.

The good news is, borrowers most certainly will not have to put up the full 120 mil collat to be able to borrow the item, but there will be other measures taken to make up for it and to insure the item any way we can, because in reality, the item belongs, not only to the ALP, but to every single person who's ever made a donation towards it, and we want to safeguard this investment as well as we are able.

because in reality, the item belongs, not only to the ALP, but to every single person who's ever made a donation towards it, and we want to safeguard this investment as well as we are able.

SWEET! Can we do it like stock investments? Do I own like 10% of the BGCompany? (I don't remember how much I've donated, but I'm certain it's over 10 mil by now.)

Hahaha. That would be awesome. Though it's probably one of the riskiest ventures ever (except maybe having purchased stock in New Coke..) since stocks can't get eaten xD You're definitely up there with donations though, so thanks a lot! I'm willing to bet we'd be significantly closer to the goal if we hadn't had to replace items in the past. But we're getting there! And apparently, quicksale offers can be often made for way below market price, so we may be closer than we think :D

I read alot of the posts but it was getting confusing and I wasn't able to get my question answered. I wanted to know if I am able to participate to get some of the avatars. I have 212 avatars (aparently that's one of the information bits you need?).

I dont have a lot of np, or items, but am willing to use my pirate draik as collat, if that works.

If there is a certain post that I need to read, please point it out! I wasn't able to find it. XD

You can find the rules for both item and pet lending HERE.

Are you wanting to be lent items or join the pet chains?

For items, you are required to have a certain amount of collateral. If you have over 100 posts, you are eligible for reduced collateral. If you don't have the amount required, you just apply, state you don't have full collateral, add your TDN forums account display name, and state how much collateral you can offer. You will hear back from the lender as to whether it's enough or not.

For the pet chains, you must have at 25 posts AND 150 avatars, if you don't meet both of those requirements, you can't join the chains yet. You meet both, so you're fine there. After that requirement is met, whether you're eligible is based on a combo of your posts and avatars. (The more posts you have, the fewer avatars you need to have. The more avatars you have, the fewer posts required.)

We can't accept collateral for the pet chains, so you just need to fit the avatar/post requirements. Once you meet the requirements in the rules, just apply.

All requests are submitted on the site I linked to above. :D

Thanks <3

I took a look and applied for "Werelupe" & "Whee!" & "Mootix". Hopefully this will go down well :) I've never done something like this before so I'm excited but nervous :P I love avatars!