The ALP

Matt

Hey guys, I have a question. When the higher avatar items come out will there still be reduced collat, (maybe a really small percentage).

As we've been getting closer to the goal of a Grarrl Club, we've been discussing how to go about lending it. There will very likely (almost positively) be reduced collat offered for the item, however, we've discussed possibly making the requirements tighter. This will likely be in the form of minimum avatar and post requirements, and the reduced amount vs. Post count correlation will likely be a smaller percentage than the items we're currently lending (i.e, you will need more posts to get the same percentage off the total collat as you do with the other items). We'll also need to make sure people who apply for the lend take any precautions not to lose it, like putting your Grarrl in the Neolodge, having a full inventory, etc, and will likely require some sort of confirmation that you know of these precautions before you're lent.

Honestly, Anime's the only one who really could, and it may be one of those things we can't tell you directly. The point of having post/avatar requirements is to show someone is involved. An involved person is less-likely to scam an item or pet, and it facilitates a sense of community. Additionally, being involved on TDN as well As Neo makes it more likely that people are aware of pet borrowing rules, procedure etc. If someone is just aiming for the bare minimum requirements to get lent, it's sort of detrimental to some of these goals, which is why I believe that we don't tend to post the exact correlation. However, I will say that, unless it's the Krawk or Draik chain where there is a strict post requirement, there is some wiggle room.

*Anime's response wins* arrow-down-small.png

Edit: Just as an afterthought (and I know it's been mentioned before) it's not just avatar count and post count we look at. Also previous lend history, behaviour on the boards, warn history etc. These factors all contribute to pet lending eligibility and whether you qualify for reduced collat item lending.

Edited by Emily

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

As we've been getting closer to the goal of a Grarrl Club, we've been discussing how to go about lending it. There will very likely (almost positively) be reduced collat offered for the item, however, we've discussed possibly making the requirements tighter. This will likely be in the form of minimum avatar and post requirements, and the reduced amount vs. Post count correlation will likely be a smaller percentage than the items we're currently lending (i.e, you will need more posts to get the same percentage off the total collat as you do with the other items). We'll also need to make sure people who apply for the lend take any precautions not to lose it, like putting your Grarrl in the Neolodge, having a full inventory, etc, and will likely require some sort of confirmation that you know of these precautions before you're lent.

Thank you for letting me know. I should be able to save enough soon. I have another question. I got a coconut jubjub today and who do I send it to?

Hum that was a message know I sent days ago. I'll resend.

Also, on the post requirement question. The scale we use is more of a quadratic than a linear sort of graph. Getting down to the 160-ish range pushes the requirement over 200 posts. This was set up before I took over the pet lending, but I like it. The basis is that, if you have a large number of avatars, you're generally more into collecting and have dedicated yourself to getting some of the harder ones (there's only ~100 avs that are purely clickable and then ~70 item related ones, most of which are fairly cheap and easy). Once you get over that 170 the post requirement brackets get smaller, as those 30+ to reach the 200 mark (where we have the lowest post bracket) means you've gotten a fair number of avs that you need to work to get- things from contests and games, mostly, with some random and plot ones. This indicates dedication and means you've put a lot of time into your account, making it less likely that you'll do something stupid and get frozen.

I don't like to post the exacts on the boards for exactly the reason Emily said- If the requirements are just out there, people are more likely to be spammy and just post to increase their post count.

Hello wonderful ALP team, firstly, do you have a list of items you are saving up for?

And secondly, if I would like to make a donation, how can I go about doing this? I think you guys are pretty cool!

Hello wonderful ALP team, firstly, do you have a list of items you are saving up for?

And secondly, if I would like to make a donation, how can I go about doing this? I think you guys are pretty cool!

I'm not on the ALP team, but I can tell you: the place to make a donation is at the tdnalp account.

Donation shop

If you want to donate a loooot of np, they also have trades set up:

Donation trades

I can't answer if there's a list of items they're saving up for, but I know that right now, we're donating to the cause of the bony grarrl club. It will take a loooong time. They have all the items that cost less than that--Chokato, FQD, etc.

Yup. We only need the big 3 right now (Grarrl Club, MSPP and a SuAP) and, as the Club is the cheapest of the three, we decided to go for that first. Unless of course we find a seller who's willing to sell us the others for a super-reduced price :D

We currently have all the pets we need for the chains. However, there are people who prefer to borrow from individuals and, if you wanted to lend on your own, you could advertise on the boards! Sometimes our pets do run into mishaps though (REs, etc), and if we're short a pet, there will likely be a notice on the ALP homepage, so people know that the chain for that pet might be stalled until we replace/repaint whoever the victim was.

Hello, ALP team. I have question also suggestion for the ALP program.

The question is did you guys come up with the idea of lending Usuki items for the Lawyerbot avatar?

I ask this because I have about 12 Usuki items and the others seemed expensive to get.

And my suggestion to the ALP team is that in the donation shop, I think you guys should also type down the NPs epople have donated so (in my opinion) it will make people to donate more to reach the goal.

:)

As far as your question about the Usuki items, we did discuss lending the items, but we ultimately decided against it.

It would require having 50 items, in case the requesting member didn't have any, and that would require 5 separate trades, since there's a 10 item limit to a trade. With all of the other requests we handle on a daily basis, lending the 50 Usuki items would be a huge ordeal.

And my suggestion to the ALP team is that in the donation shop, I think you guys should also type down the NPs epople have donated so (in my opinion) it will make people to donate more to reach the goal.

The shop has a counter, showing how close we are to our goal (currently about 36% of the way there!).

Putting the exact amount of NP we have would be hacker bait. People would see a solid number and be inclined to try and get it, or they'd beg for it and clog up the ALP's inbox, or they'd want to try and scam us (not that anyone on the staff would fall for a scam). It's also likely to cause people to complain because that's what people do. The percentage says, to the general mind, "a really big number". An exact number brings to mind "they have X more than me" or "I could get Y items with that". And when people see the latter, the less savory out there want to try and get it.

Hello, ALP team. I have question also suggestion for the ALP program.

The question is did you guys come up with the idea of lending Usuki items for the Lawyerbot avatar?

I ask this because I have about 12 Usuki items and the others seemed expensive to get.

:)

Hey I still have all my Usuki items sitting around, I can give/lend you them for free. Let me know!

Hi all, just have a question about the ALP. For the higher priced items that can't be set up on the trading post and are set up on friend only auctions, if you miss the auction are you placed at the bottom of the list again for lending? or does the person lending set another one up again for you?

I ask because I requested an item and got the message about the auction being up, but it was only a 12hour auction and it happened while I was at work. Just wondering if I should expect to wait a while again for the opportunity or if I will have the chance again shortly after?

Thanks!

Nope! If someone misses an auction, the lender will re-list as soon as they come back online. They should NM you to let you know it's been re-listed :D The only time you'd get a request deleted for missing an auction/trade is if you consistently miss it for 1-2 weeks (like we re-list it for you MANY times and you miss it every time) AND don't answer our NMs. Then we assume you don't need/want it anymore and move on to lend to someone else.

Going to add onto this, if there are times/days you KNOW you're going to be unavailable (say, you're going away for a few days, you always work 9-5, etc), you can include this when you request an item. Similarly, if you're usually online between 4-7pm NST, you can include this as well. Being unavailable for a couple days after you request an item DOES NOT affect your eligibility! It just helps us schedule lends better so they're more convenient for you and for us :D