The ALP

Matt

Guys, there's really no need to ask about delays on the thread. If you've messaged me about one and I haven't replied, I'm likely away from the computer or otherwise busy with school work. I've sent an e-mail to mac_ss since they're more likely to see that.

Yes, you're the end of Fire's chain this month, and often if I'm aware there's an overlap I'll ask someone to hold a pet an extra day, but as I clarified in my message, I typoed the Fire date- you'll get him on the 11th.

Hi, just to let people know... I was meant to receive cajoruth in the werelupe chain on the 8th - hasn't arrived yet - user mac_ss still has her. So apologies to spockys_sockies2 - that's why you haven't got her yet.

Then got a neomail today saying 'You are set to receive Fire_TDN on Nov 10th. You'll send the pet on to tdnalp.'

By the looks of that name it might be the end of the chain - but if not, I obviously can't send two on at once!

Oh, no problem. ^_^ thanks for letting me know (obviously I didn't read this until now, but that's okay!) XD

And thanks TDN for my three new avatars! werelupe.gifwhite_snowbunnies.gifmootix.gif

Hi - I should have asked this question before - as I have a ten year old neopets account I get 6 neopet transfers a month.

Does this mean 6 'in's and 6 'out's, or just six 'ins and outs'?

Because I signed up for four lending chains, and have already recieved three pets (thanks so much :D )

Have I therefore used up all my transfers, or not?

Hi - I should have asked this question before - as I have a ten year old neopets account I get 6 neopet transfers a month.

Does this mean 6 'in's and 6 'out's, or just six 'ins and outs'?

Because I signed up for four lending chains, and have already recieved three pets (thanks so much :D )

Have I therefore used up all my transfers, or not?

I have previously signed up for 4 avatar chains in one month and the amount of transfers I had was enough to receive and send all 4 pets on to the next person. So 6 ins and 6 outs sounds like what we've got.

I sent a MP to the tdnalp account - I think it's worth about 300k.

hey,

I don't know a lot about the ALP, but since I've got a Pink pet, (he's a boy, stupid lab ray), I think maybe I can help someone to get the Pink! avatar.

I've never transferd a pet, so if you want the avatar, you first should help me with that. (hihi)

Anyway, mail me if you don't have the avatar, so I can help you out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The ALP website says-

"People with under 25 posts OR under 150 avatars will be automatically rejected for pet lending. Once you pass those targets, its a balance of the two factors - a higher avatar count can offset a low post count and vice versa. For example, to be lent with a base post count of 25 you will need to have over 200 avatars already unlocked."

I have 173 avatars on neo and 30+ posts on TDN forums. When I tried before my TDN post count, I got a neomail saying:

"Sorry, but unless you have at least 25 posts on the forums, I cannot add you to a pet chain. In addition, with the minimum number of posts, you need at least 200 avatars. Please feel free to reapply when you meet the requirements."

This understood, does the rule work like this? Every +1 TDN post above 25 lowers 1 avatar count? So say I get 180 avvies, would I be able to lend with about 45-50 posts on TDN?

I'd really like to join a December lending chain, but I don't think I can get 27 avvies within that time!

(Also, I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this question!)

If I included the post requirement in your NM, then you likely put the wrong forum username down in your application and it came up blank. That said, with 170-180 avs, you still need a minimum of 150 posts to get into a pet chain. It's more of a quadratic format than a linear one- if you have very few avs (150) you need a LOT of posts. If you have 200+, you just need the minimum 25.

Next time if you have a question directly relating to your application and it's status, just reply to the neomail, please.

Depends how many people are interested and what we'd be auctioning. There are trades set up for those who wish to make larger donations. Trades are nice because we have a little more control over them than just chucking stuff in an auction. If there's enough interest in doing an auction, it would be something to consider in the future :)

Whoever needs the Codestones! avatar, I'd be willing to lend - I've got Zei, Vo, Tai-Kai and Har Codestones.

A quick and fairly easy way to get the avvie is to play Key Quest and only play two-player; that way you have a better chance of getting a gold key. And even if you don't get gold, you'll still get silver. That's my way of getting codestones. (And lotsa NPs too, I sell the Neggs and codestones and put pretty much everything else into my SDB for the packrat avvie.) (:

Keep in mind that if you indicate you're a forums member (and include your display name), whether you have full collat or not, you're considered for reduced collat. Even people will full collat can do this, so if you have over 100 posts, make sure you include your Display Name in your app! Even if you have it, why part with your np if you don't have to :P

Perhaps a link should be added to the first post? People keep requesting the link, so that would be handy.

The link to the shop almost needs to be added on every page.

You can also donate through trades if you want to give a little more. :)