So, about Grarrls...

enitul

So, I've found out a while back that my Grarrl loves rockfish. He needs just one to get very bloated, even when he's satiated. So now I wonder if it's the same with all Grarrls (or maybe even Skeiths for that matter) or that some have a different food they really like? Any thoughts?

When Cora was my labby and became a Grarrl I had fun with feeding her furniture.

Here's an info-filled post for ya!

Though I didn't follow up with how long it took her to digest the bed, sadly. I do apologise!

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

When Cora was my labby and became a Grarrl I had fun with feeding her furniture.

Here's an info-filled post for ya!

Though I didn't follow up with how long it took her to digest the bed, sadly. I do apologise!

that was a wild read. out of curiousity, do you remember how long it took her to digest the bed? was it 2 months after all?

5 hours ago, berriganify said:

out of curiousity, do you remember how long it took her to digest the bed? was it 2 months after all?

I don't remember exactly how long, just that it wasn't as long as 2 months, I believe it could well have been 6 weeks though. >:3

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

hmmmm i might morph one of my unpainted pets into a grarrl and test this....

The main issue is there's no easy way to find out the weigh of an item. You've got to own it so you can check the info on the pop-up. 😕

32 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

The main issue is there's no easy way to find out the weigh of an item. You've got to own it so you can check the info on the pop-up. 😕

oh, i was just going to test the bed. but re-reading that thread, it turns out there's a chance grarrls can eat PETS? and i love my pets so im not taking that chance...

7 minutes ago, berriganify said:

oh, i was just going to test the bed. but re-reading that thread, it turns out there's a chance grarrls can eat PETS? and i love my pets so im not taking that chance...

So far I think mine (or a petpet of some sort that was in my inventory) only ate something out of my inventory once. Maybe because I feed my pets pretty much every day. :D It's a bizarre thing though.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The main issue is there's no easy way to find out the weigh of an item. You've got to own it so you can check the info on the pop-up.

https://www.neopets.com/search.phtml?selected_type=object&string=Borovan+Hot+Chocolate+Bomb

You can ask Sarah and she will tell you the weight of an item .. unless it's R99 , or 101 , or 180 , , i guess it won't show up in the search

it turns out there's a chance grarrls can eat PETS?

Never heard of it happening before. Petpets, yes. Them and Skeiths ... they can eat anything

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

You can ask Sarah and she will tell you the weight of an item .. unless it's R99 , or 101 , or 180 , , i guess it won't show up in the search

😮 😮 😮 !!! I didn't realise the search function worked like this, that's AWESOME! Thank you! :D

9 hours ago, enitul said:

So far I think mine (or a petpet of some sort that was in my inventory) only ate something out of my inventory once. Maybe because I feed my pets pretty much every day. :D It's a bizarre thing though.

Still scary! And this would be on my sides, which tend to go hungry until I have reason to log into them. 😬

I wonder... but if you consider how horribly long it can take to get the Draconack - Hungry avatar, that might put the likelihood of a Grarrl randomly eating anything into perspective?

I mean the mechanics of that avatar exists solely because any petpet in your inventory has the potential to eat food that's in there, doesn't it, but it is very rare that it happens from just normal site wanderings. I think it happens so rarely that people don't realise/forget that all petpets have this ability, not just the drackonack. I'm gonna assume the Grarrl's eating stuff from your inventory works along the same principle though. With regard to them eating an actual pet; with only one person reporting that happening that's firmly in the scary anomaly category right now, isn't it.

Asking the Goog - which incidentally felt the need to counter my question with:

image.png.592a630f568c4086ec5227b1fe84245d.png

Er, nooo... :bigeyed:

I find out that as well as as Grarrls and Skeiths, Jetsams do the inventory scoffing too. Should have realised that was pretty likely!

710.gif

Also, some artwork that pretty accurately reflects the actual size of Jetsams. :laugh: 76_jetsam_lupe.gif Don't forget how we had collective brain-implosion when we found out about this. xDDD http://neocolours.me.uk/petsizes.php

WHY IS THE EYRIE SO BIG? like the scorchio, ok, that's a whole DRAGON. But the eyrie's just a bird!

I thought the eyrie was a griffin or something. A mythical creature that is half eagle half lion. So that would make it pretty big for a bird.

WHY IS THE EYRIE SO BIG? like the scorchio, ok, that's a whole DRAGON. But the eyrie's just a bird!

Ah but it's not, is it, it's a Griffin; and its size here is not-so-subtly telling us how we'd better not forget it. :bigeyed:

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Ah but it's not, is it, it's a Griffin; and its size here is not-so-subtly telling us how we'd better not forget it. :bigeyed:

Ah, I was right. Was in the process of searching images of them to be sure. edit, Google kept telling me to look up a certain hogwarts house instead.

1 minute ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Ah, I was right. Was in the process of searching images of them to be sure.

I'd honestly blanked on the fact; got way too complacent thinking of Eyrie's as a bird, I think the name makes you do that? But when I looked at it on the Neocolours page, and twigged to its body, and quadruped status, it all became very clear. 😮