Forum Profile Help?

natvv

Hello!

I just recently signed up for the Forums here on TDN, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the Cover Photo on my profile.

Help, please?  Thanks!!

If you go to your profile page (by clicking your own profile picture top left or next to any post you made) you'll see a button "Cover Photo" on the top right

image.png

click it and pick "Choose Photo"

You'll get a pop up where you can drag and drop or upload a picture of your choosing.

Hope this helps, let me know if it's still not working. Good luck!

Edit: Seems that some people don't have this Cover Photo button plus it changes the banner of the website and not your avatar. Check my second post to change your avatar!

Edited by Duma
Not the way to change your avatar... oops

9 hours ago, Duma said:

Hope this helps, let me know if it's still not working. Good luck!

I tried this because I too have been trying to find a way to change the picture. All mine has is Edit Profile.

How to change your profile picture:

The way to change your avatar is by going to your profile and click the little sign in the bottom left corner of the current picture:

image.png

You'll get this pop-up:

image.png

In the middle you see the button "Choose Single File..." and next to that the option to drag and drop your file. You can change it either way.

I assumed that 'cover photo' meant the beige-like banner at the top of your profile page (where the 'edit profile' and 'cover photo' buttons are in the screenshot above)...
@Duma does clicking 'cover photo' also change your profile pic? Seems odd to have two buttons for that... Then again, much like @Granny63020, I don't actually have the 'cover photo' button at all, just the 'edit profile' one.

I never actually felt the need to edit my cover photo before, but now I'm invested in getting this missing button to appear. 😂

10 hours ago, Nielo said:

I assumed that 'cover photo' meant the beige-like banner at the top of your profile page (where the 'edit profile' and 'cover photo' buttons are in the screenshot above)...
@Duma does clicking 'cover photo' also change your profile pic? Seems odd to have two buttons for that... Then again, much like @Granny63020, I don't actually have the 'cover photo'

I tried and you're right! When I click on Choose picture, pick one and safe it, it changes the beige-like banner into the picture I picked and not my profile picture!

I guess there's only one way to change your profile picture then! I have no clue why I have that button and others don't. Maybe it has something to do with the theme? I'm using the "Shift" Theme, which is default.

1 hour ago, Duma said:

I have no clue why I have that button and others don't.

Maybe it has something to do with you being a moderator?

3 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Maybe it has something to do with you being a moderator?

That was my initial thought too but Nielo is staff as well. Might still be true since Nielo isn't a forum moderator. Oh well, maybe I'll ask hrtbrk sometime. As long as you are helped with the actual way to change a profile picture.

15 hours ago, Duma said:

That was my initial thought too but Nielo is staff as well. Might still be true since Nielo isn't a forum moderator. Oh well, maybe I'll ask hrtbrk sometime. As long as you are helped with the actual way to change a profile picture.

I think the original poster was actually trying to change the cover photo not the profile picture but its good to know that you can change the cover photo if we can just figure out how to get that button to appear 😆

Aaah, I didn't get notifications people had replied!

Yes, basically I want to change this grey header thing I drew a red squiggly line across in this screenshot:

cover.PNG.e653eaab517fa641931013fc3f0213f0.PNG

And as you can see, I don't have the "Cover Photo" option, only "Edit Profile" which doesn't have any option for the header/cover pic 😞 

I really want to make there be some cute lil Faerie Acaras on the top of my page! 😧 

jf52giZ.png

I finally found my way back to this thread. XD

Anyway, I did some googling, and I'm pretty sure it's related to member permissions. So I think specific members - or member groups - are allowed to change it, depending on how this is configured in the admin panel. (Not sure if I have full moderator powers, so perhaps @Duma and I are in different member groups, if that's what it's based on.)

Hi!

Nielo is right; they definitely relate to group permissions/settings, which I presume Ian set up. I'll reach out to see what he prefers and get back to everyone. I don't want to enable them being site wide if it would be hard for us to monitor or if there was a specific reason(s) he chose these permissions/settings. 

Sorry for any confusion.