Neopets Beta: 0.4.4 Release Notes!

hrtbrk

A new update has been released today which features converted Space Faerie scratch cards, two new wheels and an updated profile menu!

Find out the details of this release and what's coming next below!

• Converted Wheel of Misfortune and Wheel of Extravagance
  • Converted Space Faerie Scratch Cards
  • Updated profile menu for mobile, including additional links
  • Renaming Gypsy Camp to Wanderer Camp

A few new exciting features are still expected to drop before the end of the month including a Winter theme this week, Wheel of Monotony conversion, additional games being added to the Games Room and more bug fixes. 

175_meepits_form.gif

I've just read the last Release Notes and even if I'm content that they're doing somehow more frequent updates, it saddens me that they didn't mention - not a single time -  customization! 

I think they're doing a major mistake by not prioritizing the conversion of flash wearables and the customizition app. 

• The Gypsy Camp has been renamed to The Wanderer Camp, and items including the term gypsy have been renamed.

Why ? is the name Gypsy racist ?! 

Gypsy comes from the Greek word for Egypt - Aigyptioi ... as there's a belief that's where they originate from  

1 hour ago, Angeló said:
  • The Gypsy Camp has been renamed to The Wanderer Camp, and items including the term gypsy have been renamed.

Why ? is the name Gypsy racist ?! 

Gypsy comes from the Greek word for Egypt - Aigyptioi ... as there's a belief that's where they originate from  

I think it's because the word Gypsy has been used as an insult/derogatory term so is considered impolite/racist.

i like the new sidebar, although the font is hard to read and there's still no way to have it permanently open, which is disappointing!

i would be very surprised if they weren't working away on customization at this very moment. it is a larger project though.

and yeah, that word's been known to be a slur for a while now? it's good that they've taken it off the site, although the area is still a p obv stereotype. harder to change art though

15 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

additional games being added to the Games Room

Why would they add more games when the existing ones are still broken? Their priorities are backwards.

And isn't gypsy a slur towards Indian women?

1 hour ago, MysteryAF said:

Why would they add more games when the existing ones are still broken? Their priorities are backwards.

yeah... ive only played ice cream machine, but if they're all as jittery and broken as that, then..... yikes. rip my dreams of ever getting the avatars for the games that they do wind up converting.

and i don't know, it could be? but it's definitely a slur towards the Romani, which is the context that it was being used in on neopets

6 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

They are adding non-flash games to the games room so people have easier access to playing them. Other Flash converted games were probably already converted and going through quality testing and were approved for release.

5 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I do like how they have an icon/image for the Neopies, on the main pet page, after logging in. Helps me remember to vote. I hope they will do that for future events.

Yes!

Though it's a bit lost on the space faerie theme.

You like her new look? :laughingsmiley:

image.png.326d432c0922b4aa99d6234e4aa8ebe7.png

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Very pleased to see the SDB around again now! :D

Oooh, yes, that's a much needed addition!!

7 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I do like how they have an icon/image for the Neopies, on the main pet page, after logging in. Helps me remember to vote. I hope they will do that for future events.

Yes, it would be helpful if that is there for all main site events!!