Happy Grarrl Day!

Mouseykins

The forum software update's making us jump through hoops to see things, isn't it. *pokes pile of links* xD

I like the Toy look. Sure it's hard to tell it's a toy but that might have been intentional to make it more useable. This is another departure by the artist so I suspect it's the same person who did the Marble Draik. No denying the joints are hard to see apart from the one on the tail, and maybe best not to get pedantic about how that one's obviously completely non-functional, too. X'D I like how the head can revolve like an owl's though, LOL. It would have been more realistic if the tail had a couple of smooth joints like that rather than what it has, and I'd have put one at the wrists, too.

image.png.1dd5bece7439c7c09cbb73626f7400ab.png

Hmm, let me back up a bit. It's not so much that it's hard to tell it's a toy; it simply isn't in the bold, bright colours of the toys-for-very-small-children of the previous ones. It's exactly what of a toy dinosaur could look like though. Yeah, I like it a lot. I love the colours used, especially for the eye.

image.png.9b1cde7babbcf9ba6ad61a3ff580f2ef.png

This looks pretty decent. I like how the compass is held. The belt over the top of the coat seems a little awkward but maybe it's historically accurate?

*goes to investigate*

Seems it is!

image.png.d844a0afdc7e8c42ed772f8f477f2509.png

Obviously that is a far more modern uniform, but as Princess Anne is wearing it it's gonna be a genuine one and not an inaccurate fancy dress thing. 😅

Completely off topic but I wish Anne could become monarch, she's so no-nonsense as to be almost a cliché, she'd whip this country into shape in no time; she'd definitely have no tolerance whatsoever for what she'd probably call political shilly-shallying, poor Boris would be quaking in his shoes for his weekly audience. 🤣

Toy Grarrl kinda looks funny. It's a bit shiny and polished for a plastic toy, I honestly thought it was marble at first.

The admiral outfit is nicely done. I like the little details of the stopwatch and the rudder belt buckle.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The forum software update's making us jump through hoops to see things, isn't it. *pokes pile of links* xD

Sorry about that! Hrtbrk and I tried to get things to work properly, but haven't had any luck. There may be something in the forums settings that needs to be changed or we'll just have to post news a different way. Either way, this is just a temporary hiccup. 🙂

1 hour ago, Duskitty said:

Toy Grarrl kinda looks funny. It's a bit shiny and polished for a plastic toy, I honestly thought it was marble at first.

The admiral outfit is nicely done. I like the little details of the stopwatch and the rudder belt buckle.

I thought it was Marble too and was evening starting to add it as Marble to the database, until I went to the Rainbow Pool and there was no Marble there. Then I was confused and had to go read the news announcement a little bit better. 😆

17 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

Well, I got it to work here but it doesn't work on the front of TDN but at least that's some progress.

Baby steps! Well done on beating some of it into submission. :D

14 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Well, I got it to work here but it doesn't work on the front of TDN but at least that's some progress.

I LOVE the Toy Grarrl! Reminds me of Rex from Toy Story but I agree with Duskitty: too shiny! 

This is exactly what I was going to say! It reminds me of Rex and I kinda want a Grarrl now for the first time ever!! I currently have a Toy Kyrii and I'm rather tempted to get a species change on it now...

On 10/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, jellysundae said:

I like the Toy look. Sure it's hard to tell it's a toy but that might have been intentional to make it more useable. This is another departure by the artist so I suspect it's the same person who did the Marble Draik. No denying the joints are hard to see apart from the one on the tail, and maybe best not to get pedantic about how that one's obviously completely non-functional, too. X'D I like how the head can revolve like an owl's though, LOL. It would have been more realistic if the tail had a couple of smooth joints like that rather than what it has, and I'd have put one at the wrists, too.

image.png.1dd5bece7439c7c09cbb73626f7400ab.png

Hmm, let me back up a bit. It's not so much that it's hard to tell it's a toy; it simply isn't in the bold, bright colours of the toys-for-very-small-children of the previous ones. It's exactly what of a toy dinosaur could look like though. Yeah, I like it a lot. I love the colours used, especially for the eye.

image.png.9b1cde7babbcf9ba6ad61a3ff580f2ef.png

This looks pretty decent. I like how the compass is held. The belt over the top of the coat seems a little awkward but maybe it's historically accurate?

*goes to investigate*

Seems it is!

I think I actually prefer this new (perhaps) artists takes on a lot of the designs... not the mutant Vanda though. That one is hideous!! But this smoother look that actually looks like it could be an expensive toy bought for a collection is very cool. Much like how the Marble Draik actually looked like it was made from marble.

It's a pity the belt isn't a seperate item really, because that coat is gorgeous!!

On 10/6/2020 at 8:31 AM, Angeló said:

I don't get the "Toy" Grarrl 

It don't look a toy to me ... it's Marble-y 😕

But the last Marble one was far more like actual marble... and the Candy Grundo looked more like a china doll... I think they have a new artist on the team and I have to admit, by and large I'm impressed. Mutant Vando withstanding obviously!

I know people have mainly been complaining about Toy Grarrl, but I actually like it quite a bit. The design is very appealing. The only issue is it's too glossy. And the outfit is well made. Good day for Grarrl owners, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Secre said:

It's a pity the belt isn't a seperate item really, because that coat is gorgeous!!

Yeah, the ship's wheel's a redundant nautical addition to it, isn't it. It's obvious it's an admiral's coat, you don't need to add a frankly daft buckle to it. xD Basically this is like the Neo-habit we've already talked about of PUMPKINS EVERYWHERE 😆 If it didn't have that on it the belt wouldn't mess the coat up for use with all kinds of outfits.

At first glance, I thought the Toy Grarrl was meant to be Marble, it also reminds me a bit of Camouflage, that is, the ones that are based on real animals. Anyway, I really, really like this Toy Neopet! It has that shiny, plastic-look, which is not too much, in my opinion. The details are hard to see, I didn`t notice the line on the neck that shows that the head can be twisted until I read someone else commenting on it. I think they could have made the joints/bendy parts more pronounced to underline that this is meant to be a toy version, but as a base colour for customization I think this could work well. The stripes are a really cool look.

The outfit is great! I love the navy/captain look, it has great details such as the sash and the belt buckle being in the shape of a steering wheel (I don`t remember what this object is called in English, I think it`s a different word when it`s on a boat, but it escapes me at the moment). Really solid pet day for Grarrl owners.