Sensitive aren't they!?

Secre

So I admit; I created a Koi and I took a bit of a liberty with naming it. I often create and name pets to remind me of people or events - so several pets are named for individuals and akcornBA is my intials made into a word followed by my graduation honorific. In light of the lockdown I created my little Koi and rather tongue in cheek named him Coronaville. Promptly gave him some clothes and wandered back to work:

image.png.25ec881bb0666b80cc8f2f5fe1cedf0a.png

Came back to my account to find this:

image.png.f120d1ff90b94ad41ef8c350a6f1006a.png

I suppose I broke rule number 5? 

5. Neopets is not the place to discuss "heated topics" or world issues

I think that's the first official warning I've had in well over ten years ever since I sent a message with a normal word in it that apparently got flagged on their filters because it contained another word in the middle of it. Admittedly, I cannot now remember what the word/s were!

I have also lost the two non-NC items the pet was wearing annoyingly. I am not going to risk emailing the Neopets team in case my account actually gets locked. I know the AAA Host Cane - annoyingly 8000np to replace - but can't remember the name of the hat. Any ideas?

I guess someone reported the name for something to be done about it? I can't imagine TNT have added covid stuff to the filters as those haven't been updated in about a million years.

Maybe it's actually because Corona's a brand of beer... 🤔

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I guess someone reported the name for something to be done about it? I can't imagine TNT have added covid stuff to the filters as those haven't been updated in about a million years.

Maybe it's actually because Corona's a brand of beer... 🤔

It was gone within twenty minutes of me creating it from the time on the neomail, so I wouldn't have thought anyone would have TIME to report it! Possibly - I didn't think of the beer connotations. I only drink proper ales like Abbots, Hobgoblin and Doombar so Corona holds no interest for me!! Still seems strange though - I mean there must be thousands of brands of beer and they often have fairly neutral names!!

39 minutes ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Bad news about the hat. Thats the Bewitching Sorcerers Bonnet from then war of the obelisk event. Currently about 285,000 on the SSW. 

Oh drat and botheration! It's typical. I have a closet full of junk and I had to put a decent item on him!! Hopefully I get a decent win on the Gourmet Club today and I can buy it back guilt free. I suppose I got a free fire paint job in picking my new fire Flotsam up from the pound, so I shouldn't complain... not that it's ever stopped me before!! Garet put in a duplicate bet today, so I replaced it with a long shot worth 1,000,000np if it comes through - which admittedly, I doubt it will!!

Thanks for locating it for me - I was trawling through databases looking for 'hat'... didn't think to try 'bonnet'.

As an additional update,  I have created a new Koi and named him SneezlesForNeezles instead.

Can't what particular word you had trouble with, but I've had struggles searching for cucumber items, because of the 3rd through 5th letters.     If they're going to block searches for 'cucumber', maybe they shouldn't have so many cucumber items.

18 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

They have been removing new Corona/Covid names since the beginning of the pandemic. However, they should add it to the blocked list to prevent it from being used to begin with. It would save a lot of hassle. 

Surely it's harder work to remove the names than just add to the blocked list o.o Unless the list is broken and new things can't be added to it or similar. I can definitely see something like that being the case.

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Surely it's harder work to remove the names than just add to the blocked list o.o Unless the list is broken and new things can't be added to it or similar. I can definitely see something like that being the case.

Would not surprise me if is something dumb like that.
'New words have been added to the list.   Would you like to save?'
'Cannot save, your changes contain blocked words.'

5 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

LOL This is probably true. 🤣

Just like how they cannot update New Items/New Features page... it breaks the whole site if they try lol

On 5/29/2020 at 9:39 PM, hrtbrk said:

They have been removing new Corona/Covid names since the beginning of the pandemic. However, they should add it to the blocked list to prevent it from being used to begin with. It would save a lot of hassle. 

Thanks for confirming - I likely should have thought about that before I made the pet, but it didn't occur to me as the word isn't an obscenity or anything!

On 5/30/2020 at 5:10 PM, Rayd1978 said:

This made me smile... yes, I can see something like that being the reason!!!

that's awful! the pet is one thing, but that they cant even put the worn items back in your inventory sounds like a glitch. but yeah, given how quick they are with the banhammer, i wouldnt risk my account for 285k either.

corona is also the name of the plasma cloud around the sun, so its not like the word is only used for the pandemic and beer. like i get that the pandemic is a 'current event' and they're based in the us where the responses to it are particularly politicized, but the name of the disease itself isn't a foul word. plus its kind of a joke for them to hand out an official warning for something their filters allowed.

9 hours ago, berriganify said:

that's awful! the pet is one thing, but that they cant even put the worn items back in your inventory sounds like a glitch. but yeah, given how quick they are with the banhammer, i wouldnt risk my account for 285k either.

corona is also the name of the plasma cloud around the sun, so its not like the word is only used for the pandemic and beer. like i get that the pandemic is a 'current event' and they're based in the us where the responses to it are particularly politicized, but the name of the disease itself isn't a foul word. plus its kind of a joke for them to hand out an official warning for something their filters allowed.

Agreed on all counts, but at least the NC items weren't confiscated from me as well I suppose. I also suspect they don't have a neomail template for 'you didn't use a banned word but we don't like the connotations so please don't do it again', so the official warning template is just a catch all!

I mean, if it were a year old account and I wasn't firmly attached to my pets I might have tried it. Or if the worn item was several million neopoints worth in value. But whilst annoying, it was definitely not worth the value of my pets to me!! Nor the amount of time I've put in trying to get various trophies and the like!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, berriganify said:

so did you actually get an official warning strike on your account, or did they delete the pet with no strike?

(to that end, is there even a place where you can see the strikes on your account?)

The neomail said I had a warning strike. I don't think you can see a list of your strikes or anything so I don't know...