Hello Darkness, My Old Friend

Greywindd

I had old accounts that have since been frozen/lost to the oblivion. My oldest account would be roughly 18 years old now ?

Oh well! I started an account back in 2012 and went on break soon after. I completely forgot about it and finally guessed the password right last week! Neopets takes up a lot of my time and I'm letting it happen again haha. I have no idea what's going on and anymore and figured I'd join a forum to make some friends. I'm seeing Avengers tomorrow night and foresee that I will be an emotional mess after tonight and tomorrow.

Anyway, good morning ~ and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Hello and welcome! But when you posted it it was evening for me, not morning. On the other hand, I'm reading it now, and it is morning for me now. But I am getting to bed, so Goodnight!

ANYway, I hope you'll enjoy your stay with us, if you do have any questions, feel free to ask!

It's nice to meet you! My original account was probably made 2002 or 2003, but I think it got deleted.

And yeah, Neopets can eat up a lot of your time if you let it. I've been guilty of that too lately. ?

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Good morning, and hello!

And I now how this Simon and Garfunkel ear-worm goin' on... ?

@jellysundae For whatever it's worth, I have that song stuck in my head too!

Aww thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! I just came back from the movies and ...wow, I'm a mess right now. I'll keep things spoiler-free here and am open to messages. Anyone interested in Detective Pikachu? ?

Back to Neopets.

I noticed how some things got super inflated. For instance, Yellow Growth. I remember it being close to worthless and now it's sitting at 3k+ What in the world?! I wonder how many people lucked out on my shop items when I priced at 1np  ? Same for clawmatoe and various other "garbage" items back in the day. The Habitarium is gone too; how do most of you make NP now? The BD is completely different as well. Looking at the dailies list brings back some memories and many things I don't recognize. It appears I literally just missed Festival of Neggs. The avatar log site I used to use is gone too. This is gonna be an uphill battle.

There's been an event that turned into a daily that asks for those "garbage" items. That's why they're not garbage anymore. (The coincidence)

Habi has been gone for several years now, unfortunately. But you can make lots of money with Trudy's as long as you spin it every day. Also, if your account is a bit aged, you can make lots of money with Food Club.

For the avatar log, TDN has one as well, you can import them all at once and then you can just keep it up to date. Lots of events are about to start (Charity Corner, where you get to dispose of a lot of your junk), Altador Cup (grinding of 4 games), and Daily Dare (playing games).

13 hours ago, Duma said:

There's been an event that turned into a daily that asks for those "garbage" items. That's why they're not garbage anymore. (The coincidence)

Habi has been gone for several years now, unfortunately. But you can make lots of money with Trudy's as long as you spin it every day. Also, if your account is a bit aged, you can make lots of money with Food Club.

For the avatar log, TDN has one as well, you can import them all at once and then you can just keep it up to date. Lots of events are about to start (Charity Corner, where you get to dispose of a lot of your junk), Altador Cup (grinding of 4 games), and Daily Dare (playing games).

Thank you for the advice. Trudy is great. I never tried the food club but I guess I'll make a bet or two. The good thing about The Coincidence is that I have a lot of those items just sitting in my SDB.

I personally play Ghoul Catchers if I'm lacking neopoints. You can earn 50k neopoints max fairly quickly each day if you keep replaying level 1.

Also, the Battledome can be quite lucrative since it drops codestones, or sometimes if you're lucky, it drops something more valuable.

Altador Cup can be a huge NP maker, depending on how much play time you grind into those games. I ended up selling three Water Yooyus for like 8-10 million NPs total after it ended a few years back. (I should've hung onto them!)

1 hour ago, Robin Hood said:

I personally play Ghoul Catchers if I'm lacking neopoints. You can earn 50k neopoints max fairly quickly each day if you keep replaying level 1.

Also, the Battledome can be quite lucrative since it drops codestones, or sometimes if you're lucky, it drops something more valuable.

Altador Cup can be a huge NP maker, depending on how much play time you grind into those games. I ended up selling three Water Yooyus for like 8-10 million NPs total after it ended a few years back. (I should've hung onto them!)

Ghoul Catchers yes! Almost forgot about that game. I occasionally play it but not often as I'm stuck. If I want to make some quick NP I replay level 2 though, so I'm not stuck with a tutorial at first.

Battledome is great too if you love battling, especially if you can beat Koi Warrior!

35 minutes ago, Duma said:

If I want to make some quick NP I replay level 2 though, so I'm not stuck with a tutorial at first.

I didn't even realize that! Thanks a lot! Maybe I'll save a few minutes each day now. :P

EDIT: I tried level 1 and level 2, they both have that "Complete in _ moves." and level 1 takes fewer moves... I think the tutorial on level 1 is only the first time you play it.

20 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Ok this Ghoul Catchers is amazing. I just downloaded it and made an easy 50K. Much much quicker than going through the games!